• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Anyone Made Jalapeno Poppers

I would've loved to try them.The recipe doesn't mention seeding or de-ribbing, but on the video it's mentioned that you can control the heat by doing that.I had them at Leadership and I loved them!These are on my Superbowl menu.
PamperedSheep
I heard someone one another thread that said he didn't like them, but no reason listed. I was going this afternoon to get ingredients to make this weekend. Would appreciate input. Thanks!!!:D

not sure what thread and if it was a PC recipe you are talking about
We make them all the time (love them on burgers)I mix cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, garlic salt and a little smoked paprika
stuff the raw jalepenos
wrap with bacon (I do microwave it a little) wrap and secure with a toothpick soaked in water and either broil or grill them

It was Keith, and I think he was talking about the recipe in the new SBRC. If I remember correctly, it's a pizza recipe. He just said he wasn't that impressed.

They're little mini pizzas - 2-3 bites each. I could see where they could be disappointing, if someone likes hot food and they were made with seeded/de-ribbed peppers.
(disclaimer: I haven't made these yet. But I have the recipe in the SBRC and watched the video on the SS09 DVD.)

I have the ingredients but have not made them. I am not a "hot" food person but I do like the flavor of the jalopeno. Hopefully I will get to make them tonight.

Yes, it was me. They weren't bad, they just didn't "wow" me. Worth a try, though.My caveats:1. I found it difficult to cut 24 disks out of the pizza dough. This could be because the thin crust version wasn't available in my grocery, so I had to buy the regular. I got 18 disks.2. I used the small scoop to put one level scoop of filling on each pizza. I only managed to get 15 out of them.

Keith...your mood is "b*tchy"...is this because of the popper pizzas?:D Just kidding with you!!!

This sounds like one of those recipes we all need to try to see if it fits our show recipe comfort zone. Thanks for the input!

baychef said:
Keith...your mood is "b*tchy"...is this because of the popper pizzas?:D Just kidding with you!!!

This sounds like one of those recipes we all need to try to see if it fits our show recipe comfort zone. Thanks for the input!

Haha..no..my mood is always bitchy :)

thank you for all your tips. i did see in show tips it will make a lot less if you dont use thin crust. thanks for all input. guess i will try anyway. they are 4 teens, they will eat anything. LOL

Do you think you could do the crusts and put them together and then take them to a party and pop them in the oven for the last baking without causing them to be too soggy or something?

Our director made these for us at our cluster mtg. Monday. The weather was turning bad quickly, so she had them all ready and just baked them and served them, we didn't help. She seeded and removed the membrane from the pepper (which the recipe says NOT to do I believe). I thought they were pretty tasty and might make them Sunday for the Superbowl. (9 more!!)

I made them for the bonko ladies last week and they loved them. I don't get the bacon in the recipe.....maybe I will just skip that next time. REally yummy served with the cheesy chicken tortilla soup!!

straitfan said:
Our director made these for us at our cluster mtg. Monday. The weather was turning bad quickly, so she had them all ready and just baked them and served them, we didn't help. She seeded and removed the membrane from the pepper (which the recipe says NOT to do I believe). I thought they were pretty tasty and might make them Sunday for the Superbowl.

(9 more!!)

The recipe doesn't mention seeding or de-ribbing, but on the video it's mentioned that you can control the heat by doing that.

I had them at Leadership and I loved them!

These are on my Superbowl menu. How can anything with bacon be bad??

leftymac said:
Haha..no..my mood is always bitchy :)

:D:DLove the honesty...me...I just lie a lot and put "happy"!!!

My daughter, also a consultant, is trying them out at her Superbowl party. She LOVES the regualr poppers, so she is excited to try them out.

I made these when someone posted the recipe here. I did seed and de-rib the peppers (I've never not done that on a recipe but then I'm not a hot, hot person - spicy but not hot). We LOVED them!!! :love: :love:

My daughter took them to work today for a Super Bowl party, and they were a HIT- People were asking for the recipe.

Winnipegk said:
I had them at Leadership and I loved them!

How did you have them at Leadership? I feel so left out!

1. How do I make jalapeno poppers using Pampered Chef products?

To make delicious jalapeno poppers with Pampered Chef products, start by using the Veggie Strip Maker to easily remove the seeds and veins from the jalapenos. Then, use the Flexible Cutting Mat to chop up your desired filling ingredients and mix them together. Fill each jalapeno half with the mixture, and place them on the Medium Round Stone to bake in the oven. Serve with the Nylon Pan Server for easy serving and clean up.

2. Can I use the Pampered Chef Air Fryer to make jalapeno poppers?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef Air Fryer to make jalapeno poppers. Simply follow the same steps as baking them in the oven, but place them in the Air Fryer instead. Cook for 10-12 minutes at 375°F for crispy and delicious poppers.

3. What is the best way to clean up after making jalapeno poppers?

The best way to clean up after making jalapeno poppers is by using the Pampered Chef Nylon Pan Scrapers to easily remove any leftover filling or cheese from your baking dish. Then, wash your Pampered Chef products with warm soapy water and let them air dry.

4. How do I prevent the jalapeno poppers from being too spicy?

To prevent jalapeno poppers from being too spicy, you can use the Veggie Strip Maker to remove the seeds and veins from the jalapenos, which contain most of the heat. You can also add cream cheese or other fillings to balance out the spice level.

5. Can I make jalapeno poppers ahead of time?

Yes, you can make jalapeno poppers ahead of time. After filling the jalapeno halves, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake them. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the poppers are cold from the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies