1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal Anyone is Mississippi willing to help a friends dds for school project??

1. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Hi all,
    My former consultant and friend's daughter is in 4th grade and each child has been assigned a state and they are to try and get post cards from that state sent to them at home and bring into the school.

My friend doesn't know anyone who lives there or near there........please help me help my friends dd.

They are also looking for postcards from other states, but Mississippi is the one Brynn needs to bring in.

PM me or email me billisa@epix.net for her home address, as I don't want to post on here.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Nov 17, 2009
  2. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I'm not, but I'm on a Mommy board with hundreds of women & might be able to find someone for you if you have no luck here.

Does she need a post card from Japan??? LOL

Nov 18, 2009
  3. Sheila

So I posted it on my FB page to see if anyone knew of anybody who lives in MS that might be able to help. One company owner in southern Louisiana said she has customers in Mississippi that she could ask. Another friend suggested that you have the child's mother go online to the Mississippi Visitor's Bureau and see if there's a place there where you can ask for help. Odds are, somebody reading the e-mail will respond!

Which made me brainstorm! Have her to contact the GOVERNOR'S office! I bet they would send a letter!!! :D

Nov 18, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I'm only a state away, so I have several co-workers who still have family out that way. I can check with them.

Nov 18, 2009
  5. I'm in MS and would love to help. I'll pm you for the address!

6. Lisa/ChefBear

Sheila,
    I wonder if a postcard would get here in time from Japan??

I'll PM you in case you are willing.

Lisa

Nov 18, 2009
  7. Sheila

When is the deadline?

Nov 18, 2009
  8. Lisa/ChefBear

Shiela,
    Not sure of deadline, I'll email mom now.

I'm actually heading out the door for funeral, so I'll try and email before I leave.

Lisa

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help Brynn out, I'd love to see Brynn get LOTS of postcards from all over the place.

Nov 18, 2009
  9. Sheila

I PM'd you too ... does she get extra credit for variety? I have friends in various states all over the US, but also friends in Australia, New Zealand & South Africa.

Nov 18, 2009
  10. Sheila

Just saw your post. I'll spread the word! :D

Nov 18, 2009
  11. Lisa/ChefBear

Sheila,
    They've not been given a deadline, or that's what Brynn has said, but Mom is going to check with teacher tomorrow.

Thanks,

Lisa

12. Sheila

Mine went in the mail about an hour ago. I couldn't find a nice postcard, so I sent a decorative card with a Geisha on the front! :D

My friend in South Africa is going to get her's in the mail Fri or Sat, but they are dealing with a post office strike, so she's not sure how long it will take for it to arrive. I told her if it's too late, I'm sure that Brynn will still enjoy getting one from South Africa! :D

Nov 19, 2009
  13. Sheila

I think she's going to get at least one from Canada too.

Nov 19, 2009
  14. Lisa/ChefBear

Sheila,
    Thanks so much!!

Brynn will love it. I can't wait to see her next week at dance, as she'll be getting postcards by then, she'll be do happy!!

Lisa

Have something to add?