• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Interested in Step up to Director Program Together?

In summary, the author is trying to increase bookings by speaking to 5 people a day for one week, and then by hiring and having a number of shows under their belt. The goal is to have 12 shows a month by the end of the year. Lastly, the author would like to join a group of people who are also working to achieve director status.
PamperedEsther
Just want to put this out there - is anyone interested in working through the steps together to step up to director? I have read many times that we can make this goal happen within 3-5 months, if we are determined. The further out our goal date is, the less likely it is to happen by that date.

1st, we should know your goal promotion date & your settle for date.
(Mine is June 1st, settle for July 1st - so I can walk the stage either way!)

1. Speak with 5 people a day for one week. Our goal is to increase our bookings, let people know the "new catalogue is out & that we would love to show xx and your friends all the great new stuff". Also, we are hiring, have you ever thought about trying on the Pampered Chef apron for yourself? Do you know anyone who might be interested?

There are some great scripts in the welcome booklet and on this site, good luck - let me know how it goes.

My bookings goal is 12 shows (cataolgue, cooking, fundraiser, online) a month from the 4 I have right now. I'll keep you updated. I have no qualified recruits to start with, many fence sitters, but this is a numbers game! More shows mean more customers mean more chances of booking and recruiting.

If there are any directors out there who might be willing to coach is along, I would really appreciate the guidance.

Esther

What does it take?I know you have to have 5 succesful recruits, but where do your sales have to be to maintain your status/ title? I have not even done my first show yet... and yet I PLAN on being a director by the end of the year. We'll see how it goes!

Emma

Me Too...Sure, I would Love to have a buddy working on that goal with me!

I hope to cross stage at conference also. My conference is Chicago. I have 2 recruits that I recruited last month. They arent qualified yet. I had 2 that went inactive at the beginning of the year :( .

I am trying to book at least 8 shows a month ...but seem to be in a booking slump right now....

I just became a future at the beginning of March! :)

Fun IdeaWe've just started a step up to director program within my hospitality cluster. It really helps to have a focus. I'd love to have and give support to a group online as well. It would be great to see how many of us can make it and cross the stage in July! That is my personal goal.

My director told me I could maybe be a future by conference and wouldn't that be great :) . I said why not go for full directorship instead? :D I agree with your point Pampered Esther that the further the date out the less likely it is to happen. I find if my goals are too long term it feels like I have all the time in the world to meet them and don't stay focused.

I just started in September and really didn't talk about the business the first few months but have started sharing the opportunity at the beginning of the year and there seem to be a lot of people interested! I've had several leads and became future director as of March 1st as well, mamavazquez. I signed two more recruits this month for a total of four in my group. It's so great to share the business with others and encourage them as they start their business. I'm having a blast!

I think it's great EmmaLee that you're already looking to share this opportunity with others. I wish I had started that when I first began doing shows. I probably missed out on some great cookware bonuses in my super starter months by not doing so. I'm definately sharing that with my new recruits and hope they can do better than me in that area ;) .

Any thoughts on specifics for working to this goal together? I would be happy to share the materials we go over in my local meetings. We are meeting once a month and I just had the second meeting on Monday. I would be happy to catch everyone up on where we're at.

Michele

That sounds...So awesome!! I want to become a director, and know that it's a realistic goal for me to achieve- I just don't know how to go about doing it. The Step up to Director program sounds like just the thing I need to help me get it done!!!! Thanks!

Step up to Director MaterialsMichelle~ It would be AWESOME if you could share with us what you do at the meetings. I started in Sept. also and we both became Futures on March 1st....now we both gotta become Directors at the same time... :D

Great to have supportI am currently in a Step-Up to Director conference call with Nancy JO (Hi Deb!) While we probably haven't followed the "traditional" curriculum, it has been great being able to share and learn with such a variety of women! I plan to promote to Director by May 1st, June1st as a back up. My Director is already sewing my LONG flowing red velvet cape for me to wear as I cross the stage! I can't wait!

Covered so far...Here are the things we have gone over so far.

First meeting primarily talked about setting a goal. We set a target goal and then a fall back goal as Pampered Esther talked about.

We then made a list of 10 people we were going to talk to about the opportunity before the next meeting (or if we didn't have ten already then we vowed to make those initial contacts through meetings at shows).

We discussed the director program and benefits as outlined in the recipe for success book. This is on page F-7 if you're not familiar with that take a look! We also discussed the sales requirements for director's which was not outlined in there. Your group needs to sell $4,000 as a director each month. So 5 qualified recruits may not be enough if you're not also consistent in your sales. I figure I will feel much more comfortable taking directorship if I'm able to personally make up more than 1/2 of those sales myself which means increasing my bookings along with recruiting.

I have heard it often said that it is harder to lose your directorship than to get it as they give you time to get back into qualification if say your sales drop or you lose consultants and need to rebuild your team. I also know that it is an ongoing commitment though as typically 1/3 of the people are coming, 1/3 staying and 1/3 going so keep sharing that opportunity.

We were given a chart (just a sheet with 100 blank boxes in it) and told to mark one off each time we talk with someone about the opportunity. They said one in ten people will be interested in pursuing the opportunity. Not real clear if this is just the initial do you want some information or actually after interviewing but the idea is to not get discouraged with the no's and keep working toward sharing.

This Monday (we meet the first Monday of the month) we went over a weekly schedule and talked about finding those pockets of time to work on your business. Think about where you can find the time to consistently work on it and you will grow. One thought is a power hour where you spend 15 minutes working on shows/bookings, recruiting, customer care and cluster care.

We discussed the key areas of our business and which one we feel we do well in and which one needs work:
Booking
Host Coaching
Demo/Selling Skills
Recruiting
Time Management
Organizational skills

We then decided on the area we were weak in what would the the one Big Impact habit we wanted to put in place that would help us in that area. Mine was in Host Coaching and my Big Impact Habit is I'm dedicated to utilizing the host information sheets fully over this next month rather than "winging it".

We talked about "Red Flag" questions and how we would respond to them. The key is to respond briefly
Some questions include: Are those crates heavy? Are all those products yours? Is it hard to get bookings? How many consultants are in this area? There are also nonverbal cues like the person who comes early or never leaves, the person who is telling others how much they love their products.

We discussed the three steps are to inform, invite and interview and that all three of these steps are important.

Lastly, remember it is all about them! Don't go on about what makes this a wonderful opportunity for you. Put them in the picture by saying things like Pampered Chef is great because it offers YOU the flexibility to set YOUR own schedule. Find out what appeals to them and what they are looking for. While we know that the business can work for anyone don't take a no personally. I waited seven years from the first time I heard about the opportunity. When things changed in my life and I was looking for something with flexibility, fun and extra money I took a chance and am loving it!

Michele

HomeworkIf you're interested in following along our homework was as follows:

Work on the Big Impact habit (see previous post)
Share the opportunity with each host over next month
Go back to last ten hosts and offer them information on the business if you didn't do it at the time of their show
Take a teleclass or listen to a tape
Bring sales receipts or drawing slips from shows until next meeting.

:D I'd love to hear what everyone feels is their area that needs improvement and what they are going to do for their Big Impact Habit.

FYI. Did you read in the consultant news you still have a chance to earn the Spring products for FREE?! If you submit $1250 in sales in three of the four months before your promotion and promote by June 1st then you get the whole Spring Product line FREE!! An aggressive goal possibly depending on where you are at but work on those leads and help your recruits qualify and you could make it! I'm gong to go for it!!

PamperedEsther said:
Just want to put this out there - is anyone interested in working through the steps together to step up to director? I have read many times that we can make this goal happen within 3-5 months, if we are determined. The further out our goal date is, the less likely it is to happen by that date.

(Mine is June 1st, settle for July 1st - so I can walk the stage either way!)

1. Speak with 5 people a day for one week. Our goal is to increase our bookings, let people know the "new catalogue is out & that we would love to show xx and your friends all the great new stuff". Also, we are hiring, have you ever thought about trying on the Pampered Chef apron for yourself? Do you know anyone who might be interested?

There are some great scripts in the welcome booklet and on this site, good luck - let me know how it goes.

My bookings goal is 12 shows (cataolgue, cooking, fundraiser, online) a month from the 4 I have right now. I'll keep you updated. I have no qualified recruits to start with, many fence sitters, but this is a numbers game! More shows mean more customers mean more chances of booking and recruiting.

If there are any directors out there who might be willing to coach is along, I would really appreciate the guidance.

Esther

Me, me, me me! :) I have 1 qualified recruit, and 4 unqualified... lots of leads I'm following up with. I *just* sent out a black & white printout of the March recruiting flyer/the stands with a post-it that says simply "says "Hi _____! This is Pampered Chef's new promotion. Check out my website ~ the new catalog & *bridal registry* are out! I would love to buy you a Starbucks & answer any questions you might have. Susan :)"

I am going to try to get EVERYONE at my show tomorrow to at least book a catalog show. I think I'll say if everyone here books a catalog or cooking show to be held with in the next 6 months (benefiting our host), I'll give everyone free shipping!

Wish me luck!

afshea said:
I am currently in a Step-Up to Director conference call with Nancy JO (Hi Deb!) While we probably haven't followed the "traditional" curriculum, it has been great being able to share and learn with such a variety of women! I plan to promote to Director by May 1st, June1st as a back up. My Director is already sewing my LONG flowing red velvet cape for me to wear as I cross the stage! I can't wait!

How did you get in on that conference call group??? Is it too late to join?

MicheleC said:
We discussed the director program and benefits as outlined in the recipe for success book. This is on page F-7 if you're not familiar with that take a look! We also discussed the sales requirements for director's which was not outlined in there. Your group needs to sell $4,000 as a director each month. So 5 qualified recruits may not be enough if you're not also consistent in your sales. I figure I will feel much more comfortable taking directorship if I'm able to personally make up more than 1/2 of those sales myself which means increasing my bookings along with recruiting.

I have heard it often said that it is harder to lose your directorship than to get it as they give you time to get back into qualification if say your sales drop or you lose consultants and need to rebuild your team. I also know that it is an ongoing commitment though as typically 1/3 of the people are coming, 1/3 staying and 1/3 going so keep sharing that opportunity.

Michele

Michele, don't forget that anyone YOUR recruits recruit are in YOUR/our 1st line until THEY become a director. Also anyone who is a director from your 1st line.... if they become inactive or lose it, their 1st line become yours too.

its_me_susan said:
Me, me, me me! :) I have 1 qualified recruit, and 4 unqualified... lots of leads I'm following up with. I *just* sent out a black & white printout of the March recruiting flyer/the stands with a post-it that says simply "says "Hi _____! This is Pampered Chef's new promotion. Check out my website ~ the new catalog & *bridal registry* are out! I would love to buy you a Starbucks & answer any questions you might have. Susan :)"

I am going to try to get EVERYONE at my show tomorrow to at least book a catalog show. I think I'll say if everyone here books a catalog or cooking show to be held with in the next 6 months (benefiting our host), I'll give everyone free shipping!

Wish me luck!

I'm also planning my promoting, although it is moving alot slower then I would like. The way my director broke it down for me, you should plan to recruit 10 yes 10 new consultant to ensure your promotion. I posted a "goals" thread about a month ago with my training break down is on that thread.

your statement above is why you do this, some people won't qualify as fast as others will.

Thanks for the infoSusan,

Thanks for the clarification! I just talked with my director this morning about the number of consultants required. I thought you had to always have five active consultants recruited directly by you. She explained that this is the requirement for getting your directorship but for keeping it they just have to be in your first line which means your recruits recruits would count in that number until as you said they become director. That definately makes it easier to keep the directorship!

I have a great and supportive director but this website has had such wonderful information as well!

Michele

I have been a 'casual' consultant for the last 3 years. But my situation has changed and my husband and I are trying to put 3 of our four children in Christian school (payments will start in May) so we have a financial burden and I am ready to start taking Pampered Chef seriously.

I am so excited and I want to promote to director by June 1. I also want to get the 3 is for me thing too and the $600 PC dollars! By chance, my recruiter quit her PC business last year and I got assigned to Susan Kaufmann. She has been so encouraging and made me feel like I really can do this! I have to admit...I am nervous and part of me doubts myself...but deep down I know this is what I want and that I can do it!

I have no recruits...I had one early on when I started who qualified and then quit...but have not really ever talked to anyone about the opportunity. The thought terrifies me, but I am really hoping I can overcome that and just ask. I have some great family support and I've been trying to think of people I know that could benefit from the opportunity...but coming up with nothing. So I have to just hope that I get some leads coming up. I have cooking shows scheduled for March 19, 24, 30, and 31 so I am hoping to get some leads that way. But I am starting to get discouraged because it's already March 10...and I don't seem to have anything promising, as far as recruits.

Anyway...all that to say that any support anyone can offer would be great. I have a goal of $5000 in sales each month for the next 10 months (to get the trip to San Francisco). Susan informed me that if I recruited one person a month for the next ten I would get to level three...so that is my ultimate goal. But for the next three months, I'd really like to step it up and really get serious about recruiting.

I'm not sure I really said anything! But I LOVE this sight and WHEN (not if) I recruit, I intend to direct each of my recruits to this website. It has been a great learning tool for me and I have gotten so many resources from it! Thanks everyone for all of your input and support!

MicheleC said:
FYI. Did you read in the consultant news you still have a chance to earn the Spring products for FREE?! If you submit $1250 in sales in three of the four months before your promotion and promote by June 1st then you get the whole Spring Product line FREE!! An aggressive goal possibly depending on where you are at but work on those leads and help your recruits qualify and you could make it! I'm gong to go for it!!

Do you mean the fall line? Where did you read this?

MicheleC said:
Susan,

Thanks for the clarification! I just talked with my director this morning about the number of consultants required. I thought you had to always have five active consultants recruited directly by you. She explained that this is the requirement for getting your directorship but for keeping it they just have to be in your first line which means your recruits recruits would count in that number until as you said they become director. That definately makes it easier to keep the directorship!

I have a great and supportive director but this website has had such wonderful information as well!

Michele

I love this site ~ have alot of my success to thank people here for!!!

To be/keep directorship you need 5 *qualified* (all must be qualified)... I keep hoping! Good luck!!!

Compliments help!Just wanted to share ~ as a result of the Double-D director training I'm doing I was reminded to approach "servers".... I took my kids to Friendly's today and the server was so fabulous personality-wise. I said to her, you are such a wonderful people person, I hope you don't mind me asking but I do Pampered Chef and am always looking for people like you to join my team. Would you be interested in some information?

Not only was she flattered, but she said yes and that she was just thinking of started a new career and loves food, cooking and entertaining. She is almost 20, I commented that she must know lots of about to be engaged couples... and mentioned the bridal registry. I gave her my card and told her to visit the "my career" area and I would call her in a few days, unless she wanted to talk before then.

Another - when you make your copies at Staples and the person SEES your flyers, ask them if they'd be interested in a catalog or earning $20-25 and hour for part-time work!

SusanI read this in the March Kitchen Consultant News. There is a section called windfall of perks for directors. It talks about promoting January 1 to June 1 as new Directors getting spring samples. I take that to mean we would still have a chance to get those items if we recruit and qualify five consultants by June 1. Let me know if you read this differently.

It looks like you're well on your way! Now to just get everyone qualified :)

Michele

Nancy Jo call...I was able to participate in the Conference Call with Nancy Jo because I am in her down line. Her way way down line, but down line just the same. Sometimes she opens up her meetings and trainings to the downline, and I always take advantage of these opportunities!

Angela

MicheleC said:
I read this in the March Kitchen Consultant News. There is a section called windfall of perks for directors. It talks about promoting January 1 to June 1 as new Directors getting spring samples. I take that to mean we would still have a chance to get those items if we recruit and qualify five consultants by June 1. Let me know if you read this differently.

It looks like you're well on your way! Now to just get everyone qualified :)

Michele
Just to clarify, Susan Kaufmann herself told me that if I promoted to director by June 1 (probably meaning as of May 31) that I would get the current spring products plus the new ones. So hopefully that clarifies it...since Susan is at the top level...I think she would be a good person to listen to regarding the products related to directorship! :)

How is everyone doing?I had to share my excitement!! I signed my 5th recruit tonight:D . So now I have one qualified and four new recruits (all in superstarter month one or beginning their business in April). We're going to be working towards qualifying over the next couple of months to get everyone their signing bonuses!

I also hit my Three is for Me in March. WOO HOO! That PC $ is going to come in handy for conference;) .

The only downside is three of my recruits are past hosts so I've lost a few bookings :rolleyes: (they signed up off their show and kept the bookings to start their business). I guess that means I've got to start hitting the pavement and get those bookings back up. I've got two trade show time slots in the next couple of weeks so I'm hoping I'll get back on track. Of course my lower bookings gives me more time to spend on training my new consultants so that's a plus right;)?

I'd love to hear how the rest of you are doing and I'll post my notes and homework from our next step up to director meeting mid-April if anyone is interested.

Michele

love2cook05 said:
Just to clarify, Susan Kaufmann herself told me that if I promoted to director by June 1 (probably meaning as of May 31) that I would get the current spring products plus the new ones. So hopefully that clarifies it...since Susan is at the top level...I think she would be a good person to listen to regarding the products related to directorship! :)
I promoted Dec. 1st of last year and was SOOO surprised when I earned the fall/winter 2005 products for free because I had the minimum sales required in the right 3 out of 4 months! What a huge bonus that was. Especially because I achieved the highest Sell-A-Thon level back in June 2005 and earned them all for free because of that!! I had so many little extras that I've put together numerous silent auction donation baskets and given them as gifts.

It's so cool that you'll get all those free products!!

Good luck to everyone striving to promote to director. It is possible!!! I never thought I'd be a Director and really put my mind to it and within about 4 months, I promoted. It's really what earned me my trip (only 6 more weeks 'til I cruise!) and has been an awesome next step in my business.:D I hope you ALL achieve your dreams.:)

All I need is one more recruit. My other 4 have all already qualified and are doing well. I'm starting something like the "step up to director" tomorrow night on the phone with my up-line director and 7 other consultants. It is 4 sessions everyother Sunday night, with homework. I'm excited and ready for the challenge!

Way to goCindy,

That's awesome! Hope to see you walking across stage at conference!

Michele

Step Up to Director and Quailifying RecruitsI am really trying to promote to director before National conference. Right now I have 4 recruits....2 went inactive but are trying to start again...2 start there super starter month one in April (but havent done anything in their buffer month) I really want to get these guys qualified...any suggestions?

Have you triedHow about having weekly training calls with each of the new recruits. I find that if they know you'll be calling a specific day they will want to have something they can tell you they have done in that time. It doesn't always work but usually they have another person saying they'll do a show or they'll have a date committed on their calendar.

With so many new people maybe run a contest with prizes? I'm giving my team "money--from our monopoly game:) " That they can earn by having shows, recruiting, bridal registry and total sales. I have my five recruits but only one is qualified. I'm hoping to promote by the end of May and get the Spring products for free. Then I'll take some of those products and have a meeting where my team can bid for them at auction. I'm also sending out emails to the team everytime someone closes a show. I think recognition goes a long way!

Good luck getting those two reactivated and the other's qualified! You're on your way!!

I was wondering how everyone was doing as far as the Directorship since March... did setting the goals for yourself work? I had done a Job Expo and gotten a ton of leads and can't get a hold of anyone and was getting a little discouraged. You guys changed that...:) thanks

I'm have made it no where!!! But my time will come, it's just not my turn yet. I have changed my recruiting seeding for my next few shows. I will let you know how it goes.

My last two recruits each have one show left to submit, then I'm official!! And I know one of the shows is this weekend, the other a catalog show that I'll probably be biting my nails on :)

You'll see me walking if you're in Wave 1 !!!!

Brooke,

Scoot over and make room in that boat for me. . . Ugh. To make matters worse, I have to recruit and promote two before the end of July or I lose my first recruit who has promoted to Director. I REALLY don't want that to happen. That's my first step to Advanced.

It is important to have a clear timeline for your promotion goal and your settle for date. This will help you stay focused and motivated to achieve your goal within the given timeframe.

1. Speak with 5 people a day for one week.

To increase bookings and potential recruits, it is recommended to speak with at least 5 people a day for one week. This can be done through various means such as reaching out to friends and family, attending networking events, or utilizing social media platforms.

It is also important to have a clear script or pitch when approaching potential customers or recruits. The welcome booklet and this site may have some helpful scripts for you to use.

My bookings goal is 12 shows a month.

Setting a specific monthly goal for bookings is a great way to track your progress and stay motivated. It is important to have a mix of different types of shows (catalogue, cooking, fundraisers, online) to reach a wider audience and increase your chances of bookings.

If there are any directors out there who might be willing to coach us along, I would really appreciate the guidance.

Having a mentor or coach can greatly benefit your journey towards becoming a director. They can provide valuable insights, advice, and support to help you reach your goals. It is worth reaching out to directors within your network or on this site to see if anyone is willing to coach you.

Do you know anyone who might be interested in joining Pampered Chef as a consultant?

Asking for referrals is a great way to expand your network and potentially find new recruits. Reach out to friends, family, and even current customers to see if they know anyone who might be interested in joining Pampered Chef as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • Kathytnt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
lacychef