• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone in the St. Louis area?

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Just curious to see if there is anyone in the St. Louis area that is in wave 2, my hospitality cluster is in wave 1. I just booked my train tickets, should be interesting as I have never taken a train (aside from commuter trains) and I am a little nervous cause I don't know what to expect.

So, anyone around here?

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
I'm not in St Louis, but I'm so envious. I really wanted to take the train, but no one else in my cluster wanted to take the train.

h_simcox

Mar 3, 2006
I do not live in St Louis but my mom and grandpa live across the river in Alton Il. May have to hook up the next time I go visit them!:D

As for the train, I have gone by train from Florida to PA. It took like 18 hours or something but was a lot of fun. They had a dinning car and TV's playing movies the whole time. I do hear that not all trains are that nice. You should have a nice relaxing ride though! Just remember, cheaper then flying, more relaxing then driving, and far better then bus!

Have a great time at conference, wish I could be there:( . Next year I will be!!!

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I am very excited about the train and even more excited about the price! $66 round trip...can't beat that and it's about the same amount of time as the airport when you look at check in, flying and baggage claim. Plus the train station is only 3/4 of a mile from the hotel...I think I might actually walk!

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
That's what I tried to tell my cluster. We paid $150 to $200 per person to fly and could have spent $88 per person to take the train. I thought it would be really exciting, but I guess I was alone in my thinking. I would have went by myself, but my hubby was a little leary about that so I shelled out the additional cash to fly with the cluster.

Sooner PC

Sep 30, 2005
We have a train that runs from OKC to Dallas - it is usually $21 for a one way ticket. I took it instead of driving for one of my visits to my parents house. It was great. You could sleep or read - the chairs were comfy and ther was plenty of leg room. I would have loved to have taken the train to Chicago.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Shannon, maybe next year you can come over to St. Louis and we can take the train up together! I think that is what my director and her sister director are doing next year too!!

Cindy Landon

Novice Member
Mar 28, 2006
Shannon, if I can get changed to Wave 2 I will be getting on the train in Carlinville, IL. Right now our cluster is scheduled for Wave 3 but none of of can go then because we are all involved in our county fair that week. If we are able to change, we will catch the train on Thursday morning at 6:00. What time is your ticket?

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Hey Cindy it's actually me that is taking the train, not Shannon (she is in OK) My train leaves here at 8:45 am on the 12th, I couldn't get myself to make the 4:45 am train...way too early! I will get to Chicago at 2:15pm on Wednesday...I like to get there a day early so that I can hang out with my cluster that is from Las Vegas being that this is the only time every year I get to see them. I am taking the 5:15pm train home on Saturday.

Feb 2, 2006
I live in godfrey (outside of alton) and every year i take a train for a family vacation to Chicago. My little one luvs it. Im not going to conference this year (hubby 30 th b-day) but i can tell u i enjoy it.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Cindy Landon said:
Oops, sorry Andrea. Feel free to call me any name you want. I will answer to anything.

Hey, no problem...I can't even remember my own kids names!