• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Here Member of Chamber of Commerce?(Sorry-Long Post!)

In summary, the Chamber has been a great asset to my business by providing me with opportunities to meet new people, network, and sell my products. The annual membership fee is worth it, and I would recommend it to others.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
I'm curious. If so, has it helped your business? Is it worth the cost?

I looked into our local chamber and for a home based business it is $125 annually. I only looked into it because I was wanting to do a vendor show/craft fair and one stated we needed to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce.

This is what all is included to become a Chamber member:

Increase your visibility with Chamber events and publications
Increase your accessibility through Chamber networking
Increase your credibility through Chamber participation and education
With a tax-deductible membership, The Chamber gives you the power of hundreds of members working to stimulate business, promote economic development and build a better community in the Northeast area. Please contact me for more information and how it can help you achieve your professional goals.

New Member Benefits

When you join The Northeast Tarrant Chamber, you can take advantage of these complimentary new-member options to “kick start” your membership:

Ribbon Cutting — The Chamber invites city officials, board members and Diplomats to celebrate your grand opening, renovation, or new Chamber membership. These events are conducted at NO CHARGE!

New Member Listing — Your company name and address will be featured on the New Member page of the bi-monthly Chamber newsletter sent to our 1,100+ members. This listing is NO CHARGE

Membership, Business & Economic Guide — Your company will be listed in this four-color publication (3,000 copies distributed). Be included in our annual guide at NO CHARGE!
Website Directory — When prospects for your products or services come to the Chamber website, they will see your name and contact information, along with a description of your business. Be listed on Northeast Tarrant Chamber of Commerce, website for Northeast commerce, at NO CHARGE!

Membership Luncheon — At your first monthly membership luncheon, you’re invited to display sales material and to introduce yourself and your business to 150+ luncheon attendees. Spotlight who you are and what you do for NO CHARGE!
See the membership form for the investment schedule. Take advantage of these new-member offers and learn how your tax-deductible membership can provide you with credibility, visibility, and accessibility in the Northeast Tarrant area.

Now, I know we have rules about advertising but I'm curious if this applies to the Chamber? I know our website cannot be advertised or linked and yes I know I can look this up myself. Just curious for those out there that are a local member. Worth it...or not?

I just joined my chamber. I'll see if it is worth it............

I've been attending chamber events with my husband (he owns his own business). Definitely looks worth it. I have met so many people that know others, etc. I haven't joined yet, but just going to these events, I can see how it would be a great benefit to our business with PC.

$125 annually is a steal in my neighborhood. The moneyed areas around here are 500+, too rich for my budget.

Try it for a year, and remember to include the expense on your taxes, is my advice.

I moved here in Feb and decided to invest the $250 membership fee for my local chamber. For me, it has definitely been worth it...despite the fact we cannot be listed on chamber-membership web sites. (I had several exchanges with HO about this, even offering several 'titles' that didn't mention Pampered Chef specifically. The policy though is black and white, no references to our business on the web....nada, zip. It's a posting for a separate thread, but I understand where they are coming from....too easy for some consultants to rely on the internet orders versus doing shows.)

Here is the return I have received since joining three months ago:

- The day I joined one of the gals in the building agreed to do a small catalog show It was only $160 in sales, but it was a start.
- I particpated in a chamber-sponsored fair highlighting local restaurants. No sales, but it did generate....
..... A booking that was an $800+ show with six more bookings (have held two so far, one of which was a 1K show.)
..... A booking that turned into a New Consultant Kick-Off show. (She has her act together and is one track to qualify in her first 30 days.)
..... Two catalog shows from my Door Prize winner (who had circled all 'No's'!). She gathered over $800 in sales and a booking (which was a 1K cooking show)
..... A follow-on order for $150 from a gal I met there who has since become a wonderful friend.

- I attended a business women's symposiusm I found out about thru the chamber. While there, I made a contact that resulted in a fundraiser (over 1K), booked a show, and met a gal who is now thinking about becoming a consultant. (I wasn't a vendor, just participated in the workshops.)

- I have a booking later this month for a gal I met at one of the chamber mixers.

- I have another booking this month for a gal I met at our chamber's monthly networking luncheon specifically for small business owners.

I also joined the chamber's education committee. I get a lot of personal reward from it and get to meet folks from the local education communities.

One other benefit is hearing about other groups and events. Thru gals I met at the mixers, I've learned about a local women's business lunch that meets monthly, and an organization of women business owners that meets one evening a month. The networking opportunites are tremendous.

My monthly time investment is 5.5 hours: one evening social mixer (usually w/free food and drink), one small-business luncheon, and one committee meeting. I love my membership.

Last edited:
ChamberI am thinking of joining.............how would you post your business, what would you say................

One caveat to my previous post. I don't think the investment would be worth it for someone who doesn't have the time to attend events, is still struggling with seeing themselves as a small business owner (if you don't view what you do as a business, no one else will), or is uncomfortable initiating conversation. (Just my opinion :))

brendaivette said:
I am thinking of joining.............how would you post your business, what would you say................

Not sure what you mean by 'post'.

legacypc46 said:
One caveat to my previous post. I don't think the investment would be worth it for someone who doesn't have the time to attend events, is still struggling with seeing themselves as a small business owner (if you don't view what you do as a business, no one else will), or is uncomfortable initiating conversation. (Just my opinion :))
I found that to be true. As a SAHM, I was never able to attend early morning breakfasts, monthly luncheons, or even "happy hour' mixers because my DH wasn't home and it was difficult to find a babysitter! I decided not to continue my membership because I couldn't take advantage of it.

DebbieJ said:
I found that to be true. As a SAHM, I was never able to attend early morning breakfasts, monthly luncheons, or even "happy hour' mixers because my DH wasn't home and it was difficult to find a babysitter! I decided not to continue my membership because I couldn't take advantage of it.
I have just turned down 2 invitations to join BNI groups for that same reason. The meetings are always 7-9am, and they are mandatory. I have an almost 4 yr old, and I know that logistically, it just wouldn't work for me. I would love to join, because I know that my previous business as a Personal Chef was successful because of my BNI membership - 90% of my business came from BNI referrals, and it was immediate business. I joined at the same time I was starting my business, and I had a full cooking schedule almost immediately. I can only imagine how great it would be for my PC business, but I'll have to hold off until DS is a little older.

Membership to a chamber is only good if you can attend events for networking and if the price is right. I live in an odd area where there are a number of chambers I 'could' join... (I'm at the crux of three counties... and there are a variety of them... the biggest is a 'tri county' thing but over $300 for membership... not gonna happen. I found a very local one for under $100 I'd like to join but they're not very organized (didn't get my online application due to spam they claimed in an email... when I emailed them my info never heard back kind of thing yet on their site they're having a new membership drive... well, get back to me then! LOL) so not sure if they'll get out of their own way to get me an application but the price can't be beat at $85 first year, $75 each other and the benefits include advertising, a new member spotlight in our local weekly rag and networking events. The main thing I'm looking for is getting in on their downtown events where they close off the main street for a day and let local businesses set up stands. Yeah... I want in on that! LOL..

The membership in town is inexpensive so I've decided to join. You have to remember this goes out to a lot of people. The consultant who recruited me joined her town's chamber and that's how she got her bridal show.

lkprescott said:
Membership to a chamber is only good if you can attend events for networking and if the price is right.

... the biggest is a 'tri county' thing but over $300 for membership... not gonna happen.

I agree. I was initially put off by the membership fee, but I've just added up the sales I can track back to my chamber membership: $5458, plus several bookings still to be held, and a great new team member.

The biggest determiner, I think, is being able to attend the chamber events that will eventually help your business. (Not pushing membership one way or another...but I found the numbers interesting: the business I've gotten has already more than reimbursed what I paid to join.)

What type of events are they? informal mixers or high society balls???

AmieCream said:
What type of events are they? informal mixers or high society balls???

Depends on the chamber but most have monthly meetings that are either an early breakfast or lunch time thing. They usually involve either some business stuff and a speaker and then some networking time or something like that. Sometimes there are fancier events, depending on the chamber and they'll have an attendance price too.

I had a prior employer who believed in the chamber (though it never gave us even just one client) and we'd go to a fancy holiday event in the winter and a family fun thing in the summer...

Oh some chambers also give you an annual set of address labels of all members too which can help with direct mailings to target chamber members with your services.

1. How can being a member of the Chamber of Commerce benefit my business?

Being a member of the Chamber of Commerce can benefit your business in a variety of ways. It provides networking opportunities with other businesses in your community, access to resources and information, and can help increase your visibility and credibility within the community. Additionally, the Chamber often advocates for small business interests and can provide support and assistance in navigating local regulations and policies.

2. How do I become a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

The process of becoming a member of the Chamber of Commerce varies depending on the specific Chamber in your area. Generally, you will need to fill out an application and pay an annual membership fee. Some Chambers may also require a certain number of employees or years in business to be eligible for membership.

3. Can anyone join the Chamber of Commerce, or do I need to own a business?

While the Chamber of Commerce primarily serves businesses, anyone can join as a member. This includes individuals, non-profits, and government agencies. However, keep in mind that the Chamber's focus and resources may be geared towards business members.

4. What types of events and programs does the Chamber of Commerce offer?

The events and programs offered by the Chamber of Commerce vary, but often include networking events, business workshops and seminars, community events, and advocacy efforts. Some Chambers may also offer discounts or perks for members, such as advertising opportunities or access to discounted services.

5. Is membership in the Chamber of Commerce required for my business to be successful?

No, membership in the Chamber of Commerce is not a requirement for business success. However, it can provide valuable resources and support that can help your business thrive. It also allows you to be a part of a larger business community and stay informed about local business news and opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Saturday Gourmet
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • ChefSandyK