• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone heard of Primerica?

stephs_chef

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2009
I got a random phone call from a recruiter from Primerica (financial services) wondering if I'm interested in working for them. Just wondered if they were pulling PC names from somewhere or what.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Here's what Google says:

primerica - Google Search

Looks like they operate on a direct marketing basis. Where they would have gotten your name from, I couldn't tell you. Haven't gotten any calls myself.

Chefstover2

Advanced Member
Jan 7, 2007
Stay very very far away form them. DH signed with them a bunch of years back. They sell insurance and financial products. All one-on-one, "kitchen table" work and mostly by referrals. Lots of meetings, you have to go through insurance and mortgage licensing if you wish to sell.

DH was told that they had their regional meeting and he "had" to be there b/c it would make his business soar. $375/per person to go for two days plus hotel and travel over New Years. I went with him...and counted (are you sitting down) 18 hours of recognition!!! One keynote speaker and one New Year's Eve dinner. After experiencing PC conference, where they start and end on time, I was disgusted that they started late and went (significantly) over every time.

We lost out on a lot of time and money with that company. Just my two cents based on my experience. Perhaps someone else has had a better experience, but i would'nt recommend them (except as maybe a customer b/c their products were competitive).

nene960

Sep 22, 2008
My neighbor moved here to open offices for them. He is now out of work. They were here for about 2 years before he lost his job. He seemed a little "fishy" to me.

whiteyteresa

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2006
I haven't heard that name in years

:chef:

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
run away from primerica

Jan 29, 2009
Went to a seminar of there's. How you can do this without having a license I don't understand. I worked for a finacial advisor for year's, what they said was the same don't put all of your egg's in the same basket, but it seemed they really wanted to sell long-term health care insurance. I would stay away from them too,

stephs_chef

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2009
Thanks everybody . . I guess if it sounds too good to be true . . .

Apr 19, 2010
I know this is a previous thread.. but i agree!!! My husband and I tried it 3-4 yrs ago... for $200 a person... you had to sit thru 40 loonnnnnggg hours of insurance policy training.. which the only thing i got out of that is never buy whole life insurance.. buy term... but it was a waste of time. the confrence in orlando was a waste as well.... not to mention they had meetings every week and they wanted us to come to the other side of town to go to them.... yeah wont ever do that again! in fact the recruiter called me the other day, i was like im sorry were not interested!! RUN FAR AWAYYYY

kristina16marie

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
my dad got roped into them a few years back & made my husband and i go to a meeting w/him. OMG! it was really off-putting that the head guy made an overhead slide of his paycheck to show everyone. honestly that's why dh was not very supportive of pc when i started, but he finally saw the differences. we do however still have a term life insurance policy in effect with them, although since we haven't collected on it yet, i can't attest to their customer service yet! ;)

jla8279

Sep 13, 2010
Run, Run Fast!! Danger!! Danger!!

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Was interviewed by them a few years ago. Then 2nd interviewed....was excited at first, then heard lots of negative. Told them I wasn't interested and.....then they wouldn't leave me alone!!! Run...if it sounds too good to be true it is!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
evvy
Personal Intro
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies