• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Primerica a Legitimate Opportunity? A Random Phone Call Has Me Curious.

In summary, Primerica is a financial services company that operates on a direct marketing basis. They ask if you are interested in working for them and if they got your name from somewhere. Google says that they sell insurance and financial products, and that all one-on-one work and most sales are made by referrals. They offer a lot of meetings and require a license to sell products. My neighbor lost his job with them after being there for about two years. He seemed shady to me and the company did not seem to have good customer service.
stephs_chef
I got a random phone call from a recruiter from Primerica (financial services) wondering if I'm interested in working for them. Just wondered if they were pulling PC names from somewhere or what.

Here's what Google says:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&fkt=391&fsdt=1656&q=primerica&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

Looks like they operate on a direct marketing basis. Where they would have gotten your name from, I couldn't tell you. Haven't gotten any calls myself.

Stay very very far away form them. DH signed with them a bunch of years back. They sell insurance and financial products. All one-on-one, "kitchen table" work and mostly by referrals. Lots of meetings, you have to go through insurance and mortgage licensing if you wish to sell.

DH was told that they had their regional meeting and he "had" to be there b/c it would make his business soar. $375/per person to go for two days plus hotel and travel over New Years. I went with him...and counted (are you sitting down) 18 hours of recognition!!! One keynote speaker and one New Year's Eve dinner. After experiencing PC conference, where they start and end on time, I was disgusted that they started late and went (significantly) over every time.

We lost out on a lot of time and money with that company. Just my two cents based on my experience. Perhaps someone else has had a better experience, but i would'nt recommend them (except as maybe a customer b/c their products were competitive).

My neighbor moved here to open offices for them. He is now out of work. They were here for about 2 years before he lost his job. He seemed a little "fishy" to me.

I haven't heard that name in years

:chef:

run away from primerica

Went to a seminar of there's. How you can do this without having a license I don't understand. I worked for a finacial advisor for year's, what they said was the same don't put all of your egg's in the same basket, but it seemed they really wanted to sell long-term health care insurance. I would stay away from them too,

Thanks everybody . . I guess if it sounds too good to be true . . .

Don't listen! Really bad experience!!

I know this is a previous thread.. but i agree!!! My husband and I tried it 3-4 yrs ago... for $200 a person... you had to sit thru 40 loonnnnnggg hours of insurance policy training.. which the only thing i got out of that is never buy whole life insurance.. buy term... but it was a waste of time. the confrence in orlando was a waste as well.... not to mention they had meetings every week and they wanted us to come to the other side of town to go to them.... yeah wont ever do that again! in fact the recruiter called me the other day, i was like im sorry were not interested!! RUN FAR AWAYYYY

my dad got roped into them a few years back & made my husband and i go to a meeting w/him. OMG! it was really off-putting that the head guy made an overhead slide of his paycheck to show everyone. honestly that's why dh was not very supportive of pc when i started, but he finally saw the differences. we do however still have a term life insurance policy in effect with them, although since we haven't collected on it yet, i can't attest to their customer service yet! ;)

Run, Run Fast!! Danger!! Danger!!

Was interviewed by them a few years ago. Then 2nd interviewed....was excited at first, then heard lots of negative. Told them I wasn't interested and.....then they wouldn't leave me alone!!! Run...if it sounds too good to be true it is!!!

1. What is Primerica?

Primerica is a financial services company that offers a variety of products and services, including life insurance, mutual funds, and debt consolidation.

2. Is Primerica a legitimate company?

Yes, Primerica is a legitimate company that has been in business since 1977 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

3. How does Primerica differ from other financial companies?

Primerica operates on a direct sales model, meaning that their products and services are sold by independent representatives. This allows for a more personalized and hands-on approach to financial planning.

4. What are the benefits of using Primerica?

Some potential benefits of using Primerica include access to a wide range of financial products and services, personalized financial planning, and the opportunity to become a representative and earn additional income.

5. Are there any fees associated with Primerica's products and services?

Yes, there may be fees associated with certain products and services offered by Primerica. It is important to carefully review and understand all fees before making any financial decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
jendill
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies