• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Substitute Camembert for Brie?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person accidentally buying the wrong cheese at the supermarket for a recipe they were making for friends. There was a discussion on the differences between Brie and Camembert cheese, with some preferring one over the other. One person shared a successful substitution of Camembert for Brie in a recipe, while another person mentioned a negative experience with the smell of Brie. The conversation ended with positive feedback on the recipe being made.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Because I am about to, completely by accident. :eek: I grabbed the wrong cheese at the supermarket. Its no biggie because its just a thing for a few friends, but I was wondering what your feedback is.

Yes, they're very similar. Yum! Whatcha making?

I made that mistake once but never again. Brie is not very strong compared to Camembert. Camembert is very earthy tasting. I guess it's a question of taste. I don't care for Camembert at all but really like brie cheese. Your call but it has a different taste all together.

oh, you'll be fine.

Chef Gilles said:
I made that mistake once but never again. Brie is not very strong compared to Camembert. Camembert is very earthy tasting. I guess it's a question of taste. I don't care for Camembert at all but really like brie cheese. Your call but it has a different taste all together.

Haha and I think Brie is a lot stranger than Camembert. :)

I substituted Camembert for Brie one time when I couldn't find a round of Brie (only wedges). It worked fine. I sliced it in half (top and bottom), put nuts in the middle, baked, and poured on of our sauces over it. Very delicious.

leftymac said:
Haha and I think Brie is a lot stranger than Camembert. :)

Me too. I always sub Camembert for Brie, because I think Brie taste like dirty socks smell.:yuck:

Becky that is so funny! I had a host say that when we made one of the Baked Brie recipes! I thought so too but never said anything!

WOW, guys! Thanks for the feedback! I am just making the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie.

AJPratt said:
WOW, guys! Thanks for the feedback! I am just making the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie.

one of my favorite appys. always gets gobbled up first!

pampered1224 said:
Becky that is so funny! I had a host say that when we made one of the Baked Brie recipes! I thought so too but never said anything!

Great minds MUST think alike! :D

1. Can I substitute Camembert for Brie in any recipe?

Yes, Camembert and Brie are both soft, creamy, and mild cheeses that can be used interchangeably in most recipes.

2. Will the taste or texture change if I use Camembert instead of Brie?

The taste and texture of the dish may be slightly different, as Camembert tends to have a stronger, earthier flavor and a slightly softer texture compared to Brie. However, the substitution should not significantly impact the overall outcome of the recipe.

3. Is there a difference in cooking with Camembert versus Brie?

No, both cheeses have similar melting properties and can be used in the same way when cooking. Just make sure to remove the rind before melting the cheese to avoid any bitterness.

4. Can I substitute Camembert for Brie in a cold or room temperature dish?

Yes, you can substitute Camembert for Brie in cold or room temperature dishes such as cheese boards, sandwiches, or salads. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be slightly different.

5. Is there a price difference between Camembert and Brie?

The price of Camembert and Brie may vary depending on the brand and type of cheese. However, in general, Camembert tends to be slightly more expensive due to its production process and longer aging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zsu
  • RachelNguyen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies