• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Had Dh Want to Go to National Conference?

second? (DH is now married and I have a stepson) went last year with my youngest (8) and youngest's little friend. They had a blast and I didn't have to worry about a thing!Mine wants to go too! But I am waiting to find out which of our activities he can join in on...My DH came with me my first two years. The first year he attended General Session so he could see me walk as a new Director. The second year he just took in the city while I was busy. Both years we tacked an extra day on the front and back of the trip to site-see together.
erinb
Gold Member
Have any of you had your DH/spouse want to go to National Conference with you? I brought it up to my DH and he would like to go with me. He only wants to attend some of the stuff with me, but be able to take in Chicago in the evenings.

No, but be thankful he is that supportive! That is cool. :)

Mine believes that it's a family business so he has to go! lol :D

Actually, last year, I wanted to go to Leadership in Dallas, but no one in my cluster was going. My husband said "I'll go with you!"

It was great! We used my hotel voucher to pay for a couple of nights, and even stayed a couple of extra nights. We had a rental car, and he would drive me to the conference each morning and drop me off.
He then had all day to himself, to check out Dallas, and do whatever he wanted to! He loved it! He didn't go to Conference stuff at all, but sure enjoyed his own "private" vacation!!

Paula

I've heard of a few husbands that have gone and even met one last year on the trip to HO. Your evenings should be mostly available to spend with him minus the Executive Banquet night. It's mornings and day time that you will be super busy. They do have things for guests to do. My aunt may go with me this summer.

Personally, I think he's just afraid of being left alone with the kids for a few days.:)

No, really, he is extremely supportive and we don't get much time away together and it does fall shortly after our anniversary. We'll probably stay a little longer.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Actually, last year, I wanted to go to Leadership in Dallas, but no one in my cluster was going. My husband said "I'll go with you!"

It was great! We used my hotel voucher to pay for a couple of nights, and even stayed a couple of extra nights. We had a rental car, and he would drive me to the conference each morning and drop me off.
He then had all day to himself, to check out Dallas, and do whatever he wanted to! He loved it! He didn't go to Conference stuff at all, but sure enjoyed his own "private" vacation!!

Paula

That sounds great! My DH is happy just hanging out during the day. He wants to take his computer so he can play his game and vegetate.

I see that you are in Boardman. I'm originally from up your way. Small world.

Conference is MY time away!!!!!! And my time to hang out and network with my peers. If he wanted to go, I wouldn't let him!!!! :) Unless, of course I'm being recognized or something.

The very first time I went in 95 my DH went to the workshops and everything with me we just registered him as a guest (they didn't have the spouse activities) now when I attend he could and 3 kids go too they love doing things in & around Chicago and at night we are together to go eat pizza or whatever.

No way! I agree w/Deb, conference is my time! I have so much fun w/my other cluster members!

My DH wanted to go last year, but was teaching summer school. He would have gone this year but switched to doing the army full time. So can't go again.

My clustermate Heather is bringing her husband this year, its her first conference! YAY!

Mine wants to go too!

But I am waiting to find out which of our activities he can join in on...

My DH came with me my first two years. The first year he attended General Session so he could see me walk as a new Director. The second year he just took in the city while I was busy. Both years we tacked an extra day on the front and back of the trip to site-see together.

kam said:
Mine wants to go too!

But I am waiting to find out which of our activities he can join in on...
Guests can do all of it. There's usually a guest forum on Day 2 during our workshops, that includes a HO tour and shopping spree. But guests can attend general sessions, meals and workshops. If you have a good guest, you can even have them attend different workshops than you have, and take notes for you. :)

I need to mention we live so close to Chicago, my husband has already seen it all. He has to listen to me talk about PC way too much as it is. I think he enjoys the time away from it:)!

Also, my kids are old enough now to not take a lot of work. My two oldest girls usually take care of everything around the house while I'm gone:)!

Forgot to mention--I live in the Chicago burbs and DH works downtown, so there's NO WAY he'd want to take days off, spend, and be downtown! LOL!!!

1. What is the purpose of National Conference for Pampered Chef?

National Conference is an annual event where Pampered Chef consultants from all over the country come together to learn new skills, get inspired, and connect with others in the company.

2. How often does National Conference take place?

National Conference is held once a year, typically in the summer months.

3. Is National Conference open to all Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, all consultants are welcome to attend National Conference. However, tickets must be purchased in advance as they often sell out quickly.

4. What can I expect to experience at National Conference?

At National Conference, you can expect to attend training sessions, hear from company leaders, participate in hands-on cooking workshops, and get a first look at new product releases. There are also opportunities to network with other consultants and celebrate achievements within the company.

5. Can I bring a guest to National Conference?

Unfortunately, National Conference is only open to registered Pampered Chef consultants. However, you can invite your family and friends to join you at the free celebration event held on the last day of the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jj16
  • DebPC