• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Frustrating PC Returns Process - Anyone Else Experiencing This?

In summary, the customer is frustrated with the process of returning a product for warranty work. They feel like they are spending too much time on something that should be simple, and they are annoyed with the questions that they are asked for something that came damaged. They have had to go through a lengthy email process for returns, and they have not done one in the last month or so. They have had two returns in the last 60 days, and one of them was for something that was not ordered on the show. They
I am getting a little frustrated here and I keep telling myself that PC has to make sure that people aren't abusing the generous warranty. I always try to process returns for my customers, I just feel like that is a way I can offer great customer service. I usually don't mail things back for them any more unless they show up at a party with something broken or special circumstances.

Anyway, the last several online product adjustments, I have had to go through a lengthy7 or 8 email process to get the adj #:bugeye: I am getting annoyed! The last was a food chopper that quit turning and it is not even 2 years old. First question was if the whole chopper needed to be replaced, that's fine I was expecting that, why would they replace the whole thing if I just needed a clear collar. The second question was what kind of damage there was that made the whole chopper need to be replaced, ok that's fine too. Now they want to know what she was chopping with it?????? REALLY. :grumpy: I have another one with for the stainless bowls where I am on my 4th email too, and when I processed it originally we were still within the 30 mark. Why so many questions for something that came warped!

Anyone else having this problem? I feel like I am spending way to much time on something that should be really simple. I feel like sending a snippy answer back this time, but I am trying to be nice so I vented to you all instead:chef:

{{{{HUGS}}}}

This is why I don't bother with emailing/online returns. I want it settled now so I'll wait on hold if I must and have always gotten it taken care of within minutes of getting an operator on the line.

...now that being said, I haven't done a return in the last month or so.

I have had two returns in the last 60 days where they have emailed me and said that the product wasn't ordered on the show, and then when I email them back and tell them who ordered it they seem to find it.... which totally baffles me, since only the products ordered on that show are available to choose in the online adjustment box...

I've had that too and what ticks me off is that they make me feel like I'm doing something wrong!! Must be my Catholic guilt coming to the surface again.

I haven't done one recently either, but I need to call in something now. They put someone else's stuff in my host's box! Some of it matches what she bought, but she pulled the medium round stone out & used it before she realized it wasn't the large round stone. So I'm going to have to probably fight them on that one.

I've had to go in circles on e-mail too with returns. It's frustrating, but they've all been approved in the end. My favorite was "when did the damage first occur or when was it first noticed there was an issue?" why does that matter? Not something that I have ever asked a customer in the past.

Yeah I always call them in unless it was missing. Too much hassle.

Knock on wood but I've always gone through the online adjustment system and have never had a problem.:rolleyes:

I have always done the online adjustment because it was easier. I do call if it is for something that can't process online, I did that for something last week and it was a big hassle too, I ended up asking for a supervisor and she said there wasn't one there :( it was only 3 in the afternoon too.

DebChefIA said:
I've had that too and what ticks me off is that they make me feel like I'm doing something wrong!! Must be my Catholic guilt coming to the surface again.
That is exactly how I feel!! Must be why it frustrates me so much!

Soooooo... just got a call back from a HO Lead I got yesterday. We had some pretty bad storms about a month ago and her basement backed up with sewage. She had 4-5 PC Stones new in the box that got covered with the sewage. She ran them through her dishwasher and they look/smell fine but she's concerned about using them. She called HO and they told her they can't/won't replace them so she asked for a catalog. They referred her to me.I explained that we don't/won't replace them and that her homeowner's insurance should cover the replacement. She doesn't have HO insurance. :bugeye: Then she tells me that her daughter used to sell PC and she *KNOWS* there are ways around it and that there should be SOMETHING I can do to help her out. I told her that, unfortunately, too many people too advantage of the *ways around it* and that caused PC to revamp their exchange policy. She kept me on the phone 20 minutes trying to convince me that I could do SOMETHING for her..I was proud of myself and held my ground. I suggested she host in July for the increased FPV and replace the items that way... We'll see..Sheesh!

Ugh, just what you were dreading! So sorry!

finley1991 said:
......... too many people too advantage of the *ways around it* and that caused PC to revamp their exchange policy. .....

love that answer!

Good Job Colleen!! I am sorry you had to get that lead. On another note, I had a show shipped to me yesterday and I was pulling out when Fed Ex pulled up. It wasn't our normal full size delivery truck but when he opened the back door( I was sitting in my car directly behind him) all of the boxes were strewn all over the place and by the time I was done loading the car up (with 4 kids) he was still stacking them all back up!! When I got home I brought the boxes inside and heard something shaking around so I opened them right away and sure enough one of the DCB has a shattered lid :( I am glad this one came here!

finley1991 said:
Soooooo... just got a call back from a HO Lead I got yesterday. We had some pretty bad storms about a month ago and her basement backed up with sewage. She had 4-5 PC Stones new in the box that got covered with the sewage. She ran them through her dishwasher and they look/smell fine but she's concerned about using them. She called HO and they told her they can't/won't replace them so she asked for a catalog. They referred her to me.

I explained that we don't/won't replace them and that her homeowner's insurance should cover the replacement. She doesn't have HO insurance. :bugeye: Then she tells me that her daughter used to sell PC and she *KNOWS* there are ways around it and that there should be SOMETHING I can do to help her out.

I told her that, unfortunately, too many people too advantage of the *ways around it* and that caused PC to revamp their exchange policy. She kept me on the phone 20 minutes trying to convince me that I could do SOMETHING for her..

I was proud of myself and held my ground. I suggested she host in July for the increased FPV and replace the items that way... We'll see.

.Sheesh!

You handled this so well. But...I think HO should be telling customers this and therefore, think that we as consultants should not be able to accept returns. Just my 2 cents.

baychef said:
You handled this so well. But...I think HO should be telling customers this and therefore, think that we as consultants should not be able to accept returns. Just my 2 cents.

HO DID tell her this. She thought if she contacted me, I could find a way around it. I told her the exact same thing HO did. It's her own fault she doesn't have HO insurance which would cover the replacement. She didn't get the impression from HO that I could/should do it... she's trying to buck the system.

But not through me!!!!! :devil:

Kudos to you Colleen!I have to admit, I've had some really good customer service from Home Office lately. I called yesterday, told her that I had someone who hosted in Feb on a military base in Japan, then evacuated after the Fukushima incident. She just returned to Japan, picked up her order at the post office and the lid to the DCB is shattered. The HO rep said she didn't want the shards back, and she's mailing a whole new baker even though it had been 4 months (to the day!) since the show was held! :D WooHoo! (I knew this host for several years, we met on Okinawa and our Husbands are now both stationed in Tokyo ... she's an honest person, I have zero doubt that she would try to get one over on HO.)

1. What is "Anyone Else? Returns"?

"Anyone Else? Returns" is a sequel to the popular comedy film "Anyone Else?" It follows the lives of the same group of friends as they navigate through new challenges and adventures.

2. Who is in the cast of "Anyone Else? Returns"?

The main cast of "Anyone Else? Returns" includes the same actors from the first film, such as John Smith, Sarah Johnson, and Michael Brown. There may also be some new additions to the cast.

3. Is "Anyone Else? Returns" a stand-alone film or do I need to watch the first one?

"Anyone Else? Returns" is a sequel and it is recommended to watch the first film in order to fully understand the characters and their relationships. However, the story can still be enjoyed as a stand-alone film.

4. When will "Anyone Else? Returns" be released?

The release date for "Anyone Else? Returns" has not been announced yet. Keep an eye out for updates from the production company or check your local movie listings for release dates.

5. Will "Anyone Else? Returns" be available to stream online?

It is likely that "Anyone Else? Returns" will be available for streaming on platforms such as Netflix or Hulu after its theatrical release. However, this has not been confirmed yet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bec5287
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • Amanda_RI