• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Out There Have Lymphoma? I Am Going for My Second Chemo

P
pampered Ruth
Anyone else out there have lymphoma? I am going for my second chemo tomorrow. So far it hasn't been to bad after the first week. Although my hair fell out 16 days after my first chemo. I have a great wig though and know that I will get through this and be fine. I am hoping that the other chemo's will not affect me like they do some. The tiredness hasn't been to bad. I clean houses during the day so I do need energy. Anyone else have simlar problems. Prayers can't hurt. I have pretty much stopped my PC business, mostly because I never got bookings at my shows. Just got discouraged. Love the company and the products though.

Re: lymphomaSayin' a prayer for ya, Ruth!

Re: lymphomaMy AD's son had non-hodgkins lymphoma, and is is full remission (has been for several years). I would definitely hook up with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.

We'll be praying for you!

Re: lymphomaPrayers for you Ruth!

Re: lymphomaHoping for a safe & easy recovery....:)

Re: lymphomaI'm praying for you Ruth.

Re: lymphomaMy husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma in the early 70's--he was one of the first to survive it back then and is doing well today! Best wishes to you, my prayers are with you.

Re: lymphomaThanks to all for their prayers and nice comments. I will survive!!

1. What is lymphoma?

Lymphoma is a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system, which is a part of the body's immune system. It occurs when abnormal white blood cells, called lymphocytes, grow out of control and form tumors.

2. What are the common symptoms of lymphoma?

The most common symptoms of lymphoma include swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, fever, night sweats, unexplained weight loss, and itching. However, these symptoms can vary depending on the type and stage of lymphoma.

3. What is chemotherapy and how does it treat lymphoma?

Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells or prevent them from growing. It can be given orally or through injection, and it works by targeting fast-growing cells, such as cancer cells. In the case of lymphoma, chemotherapy is used to destroy the abnormal lymphocytes and shrink tumors.

4. How does hair loss occur during chemotherapy?

Chemotherapy drugs not only attack cancer cells, but also normal cells in the body, including hair cells. This can lead to hair loss, also known as alopecia. Hair loss usually occurs within a few weeks after starting chemotherapy and hair may grow back once treatment is completed, but it may be a different color or texture.

5. How can I manage the side effects of chemotherapy?

Some common side effects of chemotherapy include fatigue, nausea, hair loss, and increased risk of infection. To manage these side effects, it is important to stay hydrated, eat a healthy diet, get enough rest, and communicate with your healthcare team about any concerns. They may also prescribe medications to help with side effects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • aried
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies