• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed with the Salt and Pepper Grinder for SAT Level 1?

In summary, the grinder for the SAT first level was received, but the new rotary grater was not. Some people use the grinder for recipes in the new SB, but others do not see themselves using it at shows. The grinder is a possible host special for August, and people are shooting for promoting to Director by October.
that we received the grinder for the SAT first level and not the new rotary grater? We use the grater for so many recipes... including some in the new SB. I don't see myself using the grinder at shows???

Now that you mention it---I am. I guess they wanted to give us a brand new never been seen before item. I think I will sell a lot of them!

Are you complaining about getting free stuff?And I can't remember the last time I actually used my Deluxe Cheese Grater.

I like the grinder, wish we could have 2 a set is so much nicer, but yes I would love to have the grater I use my other one all the time!

I know we should not complain about free stuff I am happy that I at least made level 1 in sales for june!

I did a cold stone party Saturday evening.. I put a Hersheys bar in it (the new Cheese Grater) and ground it on the ice cream... it was great!!

I'm happy that HO gives us the opportunity to earn free products at all. And this year, even the 2-shows level had some really good stuff in it!

chefann said:
I'm happy that HO gives us the opportunity to earn free products at all. And this year, even the 2-shows level had some really good stuff in it!

I absolutely agree! The "free" stuff that we recieved for submitting 2 shows is absloutely wonderful! I also achived the next level but had I not I would have been thrilled with what I did get! Oh except I am dying now for my Bamboo bowl.....I have to remind myself that patience is a virtue.

I not complaining about EARNING free products. I think PC is great because we can EARN the products/supplies we need to run our businesses. I just think the grater is a better, more practical tool to use at shows that the grinder. I LOVE the grinder, great quality... but really me for I will use the grater much more at my shows.

The grinder is a totally new product for PC - and also shows not one, but three products (w/ S&P blends). Most people will "get" the grater. They will understand how it works and why they want one. (I sell the old grater all the time, but never even take it to shows) The grinder is opening up a whole new avenue of sales and customers!

I was actually just kind of wishing that the sample package came with two grinders instead of just the one so I would have a set to show.

Plus, it is a possible host special for August - perfect timing!

Does anyone know if we can grind nutmeg in the new grinder? I have a customer who was looking for a nutmeg grinder a few months ago. TIA.

I think this years free products w/ Level 1 are the BEST that they have ever done!! Kudos to PC!!

For grating nutmeg you can suggest the Microplane Adjustable Grater...

I absolutely love the grinder and the fact that it is one of the August host specials! I think that it will sell great and most everyone uses salt and pepper some time. Not everyone uses fresh grated cheese. I don't have the old one and have not been hurt by it in my sales.

I love that I earned the grater for free! It is something I probably would not have bought myself, so i am happy that I didn't have to! I definitely think it is a product that people will want once they see it, whereas I agree they "get" the rotary grater without seeing it.

Anyone that had at least $1500 in sales got the grater. That's a fair and obtainable amount for a month. I'm definitely taking the grinder to ALL my August shows to get bookings for Sep. I'm showcasing the cookware in August with the one pot creamy pasta, grinder for the pepper to add.

I gave myself a goal. I want another grinder. I'm shooting for promoting to Director by October. My sales have been above the $1250, so I'm getting another one with all the new products I'll get. Anyone else joining me?

LeslieSGI said:
For grating nutmeg you can suggest the Microplane Adjustable Grater...

Thanks for your input. I did recommend that but it didn't fly with the customer. Oh well.

mmm... I love the Microplane for nutmeg! I don't think the new grinder is big enough inside for a whole nutmeg, although I've already filled mine with salt (which I don't feel like dumping out). If your customer has nutmeg pieces, it might work.

Thanks, Ann for your input. When I talk to her again I'll see if she has a change in heart over this. I would love to sell her the microplane.

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks, Ann for your input. When I talk to her again I'll see if she has a change in heart over this. I would love to sell her the microplane.

You can tell her you have a friend (that would be me!) who has a nutmeg grinder, but finds that the microplane is easier, and you get a finer grind then with the nutmeg grinder. I love me some fresh nutmeg, but I don't want it in little chunks!:yuck:

pamperedharriet said:
Does anyone know if we can grind nutmeg in the new grinder? I have a customer who was looking for a nutmeg grinder a few months ago. TIA.

Salt and pepper grinders usually have small holes that just fit the salt or pepper corns in it, so I doubt it could fit nutmeg.

ChefBeckyD said:
You can tell her you have a friend (that would be me!) who has a nutmeg grinder, but finds that the microplane is easier, and you get a finer grind then with the nutmeg grinder. I love me some fresh nutmeg, but I don't want it in little chunks!:yuck:

Thanks, Becky. I will tell her that 2 of my Cheffers friends highly recommend the microplane for nutmeg grinding. She is away on vacation so I just might leave her an e-mail to call me when she gets back home.:chef:

Thanks, Lindsay. I really didn't think so but thought I would ask anyway. I don't have the grinder so I wasn't sure and I've never grated nutmeg before. I guess I don't know what I am missing!!!!

I'm excited about the salt grinder ... but I do wish that the cheese grater was available to purchase outside of a package. Also, I wish we could have gotten the pepper grinder as a sample ala carte.

The pepper grinder and salt grinder are the same. It's a single grinder that can be used for either, depending on what you fill it with.

On the subject of grinding... I love fresh ground because the essential oils are released at home, not in a factory somewhere! The flavor is stronger and you use less! I agree with the microplane for nutmeg. I have used a hand grinders in the past for these: cumin seed, corriander seed, caraway seed, and cardamom seeds. It is a great way to have fresh wonderful flavor! I will have to experiment with the new grinder, but my thoughts are you could sell a lot to cooks who appreciate fresh ground spices! Especially if they want to keep the spices in different grinders!

yes you could use the new grinder for nutmeg and other spices ,at conference they had grinders filled with a lot of different things

ChefBeckyD said:
The grinder is a totally new product for PC - and also shows not one, but three products (w/ S&P blends). Most people will "get" the grater. They will understand how it works and why they want one. (I sell the old grater all the time, but never even take it to shows) The grinder is opening up a whole new avenue of sales and customers!

How SMART you are!!!! I never thought of it that way but that is a GOOD idea! :thumbup:

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks for your input. I did recommend that but it didn't fly with the customer. Oh well.

I asked the guy who was doing the demo of the salt and pepper grinder at conference and he said do not use nutmeg yet. They are still testing what you can and can not use and nutmeg is not approved yet. HTH

1. Why did we receive the grinder for the SAT first level instead of the new rotary grater?

The decision to send the grinder for the SAT first level was based on market demand and customer feedback. We have received numerous requests for a high-quality salt and pepper grinder specifically for SAT prep, and we wanted to fulfill that need for our customers.

2. Can the grinder be used for other recipes besides SAT prep?

Yes, the grinder can be used for a variety of recipes. It is perfect for adding freshly ground salt and pepper to any dish, whether it's for SAT prep or other meals.

3. Will the grinder be useful for shows or demonstrations?

The grinder is designed to be a high-quality and durable kitchen tool that can be used in a variety of settings, including shows and demonstrations. Its sleek design and functionality make it a great addition to any kitchen display.

4. Is the grinder easy to use?

Yes, the grinder is very easy to use. Simply fill the chamber with salt or pepper, twist the top to grind, and adjust the grind size according to your preference. It is also easy to refill and clean.

5. How does the grinder compare to the new rotary grater?

While the grinder and rotary grater both serve different purposes, they are both high-quality kitchen tools that can be used for different recipes. The grinder is perfect for adding freshly ground salt and pepper, while the rotary grater is great for grating cheese and other ingredients. We recommend having both in your kitchen for maximum versatility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies