• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed About Party Move to Disney's Hollywood Studios

In summary, the party has been moved to Disney's Hollywood Studios and many people are disappointed with the change. However, all levels of participants will have the same party, so everyone is still excited.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
I just got the email about the party being moved to Disney's Hollywood Studios instead of Animal Kingdom and I have to tell you - it really brought me down. The entire thing I was working for was the party at Animal Kingdom (not that I am anywhere near being on track like I need to be but still......) and I am really disappointed with this change. Not all that interested in earning the trip anymore. My son will only be just turning three and we really wanted to wait a couple more years before try Disney, of course if I earned it that would be different and I was so excited about the party. Anyone else not thrilled with this change?

It doesn't matter to me where the party is - I'm excited to take my family to Disney and earn a great paycheck while doing so. After earning Miami Beach this past year and seeing how awesomely wonderful :D PC treats us on an incentive trip, I can only imagine how spectacular everything at Disney will be. You can still visit Animal Kindom during the day too.

Linda where are you on points? I agree with Linda i am sure no matter where it is, it is going to be awesome !!!

christinaspc said:
Linda where are you on points? I agree with Linda i am sure no matter where it is, it is going to be awesome !!!

Absolutely! I have not been to anything that this company doesn't do well. And, with this also being Doris's birthday celebration - I just know it will be super spectacular! And, what's really cool - all levels will have the SAME party....it's gonna be huge!

When I submit the rest of May I will have earned Level 1 :) . I'm shooting for level 3 and am a little off track for that - gotta get busy! How about you?

Disappointed about a free party? NOT AT ALL!!!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Absolutely! I have not been to anything that this company doesn't do well. And, with this also being Doris's birthday celebration - I just know it will be super spectacular! And, what's really cool - all levels will have the SAME party....it's gonna be huge!

When I submit the rest of May I will have earned Level 1 :) . I'm shooting for level 3 and am a little off track for that - gotta get busy! How about you?

I just submitted some things and still have more for may to submit and I am sitting at 26,000 right now and so I want to get to at least 30,000 by national conference time. Level 3 would be awesome but I am really focusing on Level 2 for now.

While I would prefer Animal Kingdom I am just going to be SOOOO excited to earn this trip for my family! I have NEVER been to Disney so If, No... WHEN I earn it. I will be so excited I do not care as long as I am at the park.

So far I am not on thrack but things are comming together for me so I am still striving to reach this goal. No hoping here, it won't happen unless I MAKE it happen!

I don't care where it is, it is FREE!! I have three little girls and we have taken a trip (at least once, we used to live in FL so we went all the time with our first) when each child is 2 yrs and it is magical. I get the whole "I want them to remember it", but We have those memories and the are precious.

If you want the trip you will do what it takes to earn it, are you just trying to justify to yourself so you won't be down if you don't earn it?

Sharon - I had a moment's disappointment with the announcement of the park change for the party, mostly because I was already envisioning everything we would do in AK with the park to ourselves. I'm not going to dwell on it. Curious as to why they changed the location. Could be it had to do with Disney's needs, or the logistics of food and everything for Doris's party, or with the number of people they expect to achieve the trip, or just plain cost. Can't wait to see how they do the party!

Some thoughts to get you pumped for Hollywood Studios. We were there last fall, precisely when PC announced the trip, with our then 3 3/4 year old and 6 1/2 year old. AK is the largest park of the 4, acreage wise. Being in HS will mean less trecking around from attractions to the party refreshments; AK is very spread out. My kids love the Muppets 3-D, saw it 3 times in one day. The Playhouse Disney show is cute and my daughter got every one of the characters' autographs. My son was excited to see some of the cars from Cars for a photo op. The Toy Story Mania ride is awesome and probably still has ridiculously long wait times. We won't have to wait in those lines. We can ride it over and over again and try to better our scores!!! Without lines, my husband and I may be able to take turns with the kids and ride the Rock N Roller Coaster (didn't get to do that last time). I'm too much of a wimp for Tower of Terror. We didn't see Fantasmic. Not sure my kids would like the loud noise. Hopefully they will have the show for us during the party so I won't feel like we wasted money to see it if we have to run out b/c the kids are unhappy. Watch the new video on CC that focuses on HS to get excited. The more I think about it, we may be able to do most of HS just with the party, freeing up other days for other parks, including the water parks, and the pool at the resort.

I think it's great the way the company added the "Achiever plus One" option. I would love to see Cirque de Soleil. Hmm, can I ditch my kids? Just kidding!

And did you notice this in the e-mail? "You never know when an exciting new Celebrate the Magic earning opportunity will pop up!" They really want us to achieve this trip! I just keep waiting for more announcements.

I totally agree with Linda!!
I am guessing they moved it because you hardly see any animals at AK in the hot summer months - June is HOT HOT HOT in Florida

I did notice in the email it said they were making the party bigger and giving an extra hour. Maybee more people are on track than expected and the new location is bigger. That is what it sounded like to me.

What disappointed me was the fact you could not buy in a non-dependent... I was taking my DD, SIL, and both grandkids. Maggi will only be 1-1/2 when we go. They may not be my dependents but I live with my DD and SIL because I have no income other than PC right now and I can't live afford to live anywhere but with them with my limited income! That really upset me because now I don't know what to do! Wonder if I can explain the situation to anyone and they care?

Becca_in_MD said:
Some thoughts to get you pumped for Hollywood Studios. We were there last fall, precisely when PC announced the trip, with our then 3 3/4 year old and 6 1/2 year old. AK is the largest park of the 4, acreage wise. Being in HS will mean less trecking around from attractions to the party refreshments; AK is very spread out. My kids love the Muppets 3-D, saw it 3 times in one day. The Playhouse Disney show is cute and my daughter got every one of the characters' autographs. My son was excited to see some of the cars from Cars for a photo op. The Toy Story Mania ride is awesome and probably still has ridiculously long wait times. We won't have to wait in those lines. We can ride it over and over again and try to better our scores!!! Without lines, my husband and I may be able to take turns with the kids and ride the Rock N Roller Coaster (didn't get to do that last time). I'm too much of a wimp for Tower of Terror. We didn't see Fantasmic. Not sure my kids would like the loud noise. Hopefully they will have the show for us during the party so I won't feel like we wasted money to see it if we have to run out b/c the kids are unhappy. Watch the new video on CC that focuses on HS to get excited. The more I think about it, we may be able to do most of HS just with the party, freeing up other days for other parks, including the water parks, and the pool at the resort.

Thanks for the tips on HS. I haven't been to Disney in many, many years - not since I was a kid myself -so about 20-25 years ago - and I know there are so many changes. We are totally zoo people and love animals, so I was really excited about AK. I know whatever PC puts together is going to be great - I was just excited about the opportunity to have AK to ourselves. And no, I wasn't using my disappointment as a way to justify not earning the trip - I'm the only one that can be blamed if I don't earn the trip and I am still working toward early at least Level 2 even though we have a big move coming up in the early fall - we are military and moving from NJ to Colorado.

Again, thanks for the tips.

I don't care either! I am working my butt off for this trip, as of the last week of April, I did more in points than I did the entire YEAR last year, and after May I will have earned level 1 as well..whoo hoo, last year I only earned 18k points!

I pray every day that I can get this trip for my family, they have supported me so much the last 6 yrs of this business and won't complain about a DARNED thing when I get it!

pcchefjane said:
What disappointed me was the fact you could not buy in a non-dependent... I was taking my DD, SIL, and both grandkids. Maggi will only be 1-1/2 when we go. They may not be my dependents but I live with my DD and SIL because I have no income other than PC right now and I can't live afford to live anywhere but with them with my limited income! That really upset me because now I don't know what to do! Wonder if I can explain the situation to anyone and they care?

You've never been able to buy in non-dependents. This is not a new rule.

We just came home from our trip to Disney and Hollywood Studios was the last park we visited on our trip and I was really sad that we hadn't had time to spend more time there. It was awesome! My girls (8 & 3), loved it there. Lots of great characters and shows but we missed most of the rides due to time constraints. My oldest was th most thrilled with the American Idol Experience. That was cool. So when I saw the email about the change in location, I was super stoked!! I've done AK before and didn't have any desire to see it again. I'm really lookin forward to earning this trip since it may be my first earned incentive trip. Just wish that I had joined sooner since I'm afarid I may not even make it to level 2 :( But I'll keep trying because I want to go back to Disney!!!

How I hope I earn this trip! The kids, hubby and I are all thrilled with the idea of going....my "baby" is 4, so I think we'll all enjoy....let's just hope I don't revert to child mode and forget to be a mommy. lol

Becca, thanks for the vivid description....it truly sounds magical!!! Got to get on track, how I wish I had had .....

I'm going to recruit like crazy....since I only schedule 4 shows a month max.....

DebbieJ said:
You've never been able to buy in non-dependents. This is not a new rule.

How about you buy in your DD and have the 2 grandkids and sil as your other 3 guests? Plus, if one of them will only be a year and a half I don't believe she would count anyways?

smspamperedchef said:
How about you buy in your DD and have the 2 grandkids and sil as your other 3 guests? Plus, if one of them will only be a year and a half I don't believe she would count anyways?

Brilliant Sharon! Kudos for approaching the dilemma with finding a solution....such an easy solution that we all failed to see. Love it! I can see why you're a director! You rock!

if they are adults are they still considered dependents?

They have to be dependents, mother father, brother sister wife ,husband, or children of the consultant in laws would not count that is my understanding

Hollywood Studios is the old MGM, right? That's where PC had their reserved night for cheffers in 2005. I took my sister, and she kept asking me if we HAD to attend the Pampered Chef function. I told her I at least wanted to see what it was like (this was my first trip I earned with the company). It was AWESOME! I don't want to go into details, in case they have some of the same elements planned for next year, but rest assured, you won't be disappointed. Let's just say this: When we walked into the park, my sister, who was walking ahead of me, turned around and had this awesome look on her face-eyes wide open, jaw dropped! And that was just walking into the park! She tells everyone about her Disney trip. By the way, my sis was 35 at the time (not a kid!).

Thanks Kelly....this is going to be fun! For those who believe proper decorum in required at all times, please be sure to give me a WIDE berth....I will be giddy, and dancing, and skipping and babbling, and well just as if it were my first time! He He

Kelly, you had me chuckling and grinning imagining your sis and her reaction! Thanks!

1. Can I still attend the party even though it has been moved to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Yes, the party has been rescheduled to take place at Disney's Hollywood Studios instead of the original location. Your ticket is still valid and you are welcome to attend the party at the new location.

2. Will there be any changes to the party activities or menu due to the change in location?

There may be some minor changes to the activities and menu, but we are working hard to ensure that the overall experience is still just as enjoyable and fun for all attendees.

3. How will transportation to Disney's Hollywood Studios be handled for the party?

Transportation will not be provided by Pampered Chef. However, Disney offers complimentary transportation throughout their parks for guests staying at their resorts. You can also choose to drive or use a ride-sharing service to get to the party.

4. Can I get a refund if I am unable to attend the party at the new location?

If you are unable to attend the party at the new location, you may request a refund up to a certain date. Please contact our customer service team for more information and assistance with your refund.

5. Will there be any compensation for the inconvenience of having the party moved to a different location?

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused. At this time, there is no compensation planned for the change in location. However, we hope you will still join us for a fun and memorable party at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • cheftiffany
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ktraceyk
  • CassieMarie