• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone successfully submitted a press release for a direct sales job?

In summary, if you are not a local business, you may not be able to submit a press release to a local paper. However, if your company is in a unique industry or if you have a unique story to tell, you may be able to submit it.
krackley
I'm not sure if this is the right place to even put this! If not, I'm sorry!! :blushing:

But, I submitted the press release on cons. corner, but my husband who does press releases for his business all the time said that it was NOT going to get picked up here in our town because it was too boring - not to mention the title was very long and wordy. (umm. . like most of my posts!)

Anyway, I looked at the policies and procedures and I'm pretty sure that we can submit a press release as long as it's not to one of the top 100 newspapers, and we follow the other rules about our job title, etc.

I'm just curious if anyone's done it and if you got any kind of response?

I've used one of the press releases. It got ignored by most of the people I sent it to. However, I did get a writing "deal" out of the press release for one of the small (very local) monthly magazines. I get to write and get a discount on ads.

Yeah, if I were an editor looking at the thousands of press releases that came in every day, I don't think I'd pick the one the company put out either - it's good info, but just really boring.

My husband seems to think that if I did a little more personal one. . . "A local businesswoman, Kimberly Rackley, is making this economy work for her by working for herself . . . . " or something like that, it would get snatched up really fast, since that's what people are reading these days.

My local paper has never printed mine, but that doesn't keep me from submitting them. :)

Just got out of a 2-day Public Information Class...PC ones can be wordy, but you cannot change them. That is what PC wants out. Some markets may take them, some may not. All depends on the news day and what they have going. But, release them to the media...TV, newspaper, other and give it a shot. You can't fail if you don't try and you can't succeed if you don't try either!

Do you have to pay to have them put it in the paper? I still have not figured out what to do with it.

Newspapers do not charge for news. That is what ads are for. In other words, there is no such thing as a "free ad." An ad, by definition, is something you pay for.

Those of who who know I am a newspaper writer and editor know that I have some "inside knowledge." I would NEVER print one of those releases, nor any other ones for direct sales. The reasons are simple ... there are dozens if not hundreds of people who have direct sales jobs and if we print one, we have to print them all. We won't run a release saying, "Jane Smith sells Pampered Chef." However, we might run one about a promotion or something unique.

Not to mention that newspapers these days are very short on space. Every additional page costs money and with ad revenue down, the news hole is getting smaller and smaller.

Time to stop talking shop on my vacation!

1. Can anyone do a press release with Pampered Chef?

Yes, anyone can do a press release with Pampered Chef. As a consultant, you have the opportunity to share your business and products through press releases.

2. How do I get started with a press release for my Pampered Chef business?

The first step to creating a press release for your Pampered Chef business is to decide on a newsworthy topic or event to announce. This could be a new product launch, a milestone achieved, or a special promotion. Then, you can follow our press release template and guidelines to craft an effective press release.

3. Do I need to have a lot of writing experience to do a press release with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to have a lot of writing experience to do a press release with Pampered Chef. Our press release template and guidelines make it easy for anyone to create a professional and effective press release. You can also reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef marketing team for assistance and guidance.

4. Are there any costs associated with doing a press release with Pampered Chef?

No, there are no additional costs associated with doing a press release with Pampered Chef. As a consultant, you already have access to our press release template and guidelines, and there are no fees for publishing a press release through our channels.

5. How can a press release with Pampered Chef benefit my business?

A press release can benefit your Pampered Chef business in various ways. It helps to create buzz and awareness about your business, products, and events. It also allows you to reach a wider audience and potentially attract new customers. Additionally, press releases can help to build credibility and establish your business as a leader in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniwest04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • babywings76