• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Doing a Strawberry Lava Cake in the Dcb for Hwc Month?

In summary, the director was raving about how well strawberry cake mix and strawberry icing worked in the microwave, and another employee suggested using this combination for a QSP recipe during HWC month. They both agree that the recipe would be good with cream cheese icing, and the employee adds that she has also heard that strawberry cake is good with fresh strawberries.
Mama2bowbaby
My director has been raving about her success in using strawberry cake mix and strawberry icing in the DCB, in the microwave...exactly how we have been doing the Chocolate Molten Lava cake. She had a regular host requests this and it was a hit.

I think this would go great with a QSP recipe during HWC month. I still need to try this myself. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

I am now, thanks for the idea!

I've been toying with this idea. I guess I'll make it an option.

I've never done a lava cake in the DCB... can you give details? I always use the fluted stone.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I've never done a lava cake in the DCB... can you give details? I always use the fluted stone.

Mix the cake mix, put in dcb, plop the icing around, microwave uncovered 12-14 minutes depending on microwave. Scoop out servings, serve w/ice cream.

pchockeymom said:
Mix the cake mix, put in dcb, plop the icing around, microwave uncovered 12-14 minutes depending on microwave. Scoop out servings, serve w/ice cream.

Do you have to use Crisco on the DCB like you do with the fluted pan?

No, I've never used crisco or any oil on my DCB.

I've also heard that cream cheese icing with the strawberry cake is good too. I'm going to have to give this a try pretty soon. Yummy!

love this idea, for sure want to hear how it works out.

I do this recipe all the time in my DCB and it is always wonderful, something that I do differently is, I subsute strawberry applesause for the oil that the cake mix calls for. it is always a hit.

My daughter did the strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting in the DCB for ten minutes and served it with fresh strawberries. It was a hit at her dinner party!

Would this work in the rice cooker as well? I am doing a show for a group of teachers and they are wanting to see the rice cooker cake. Since it is in May, I was planning on doing the strawberry cake mix with white icing. Any thoughts?

My daughter did the strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting in the DCB for ten minutes and served it with fresh strawberries. It was a hit at her dinner party!

thanks for sharing

Since I am not a "fruity" cake lover, I want to get this recipe straight as I am enjoying fresh strawberries now in NC. Use a strawberry cake mix (didn't know they made one) and use either strawberry or cream cheese icing. I like cream cheese icing, so that sounds like a winner. Does this taste good with fresh strawberries served alongside a serving? Or, would some pureed strawberries (done in MFP) be good drizzled on top of a serving?

1. How do I make a strawberry lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker for HWC Month?

To make a strawberry lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for HWC Month, you will need the following ingredients: 1 box of white cake mix, 1 can of strawberry pie filling, 1 cup of water, and 1 stick of butter. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. Pour the cake batter into the DCB and smooth it out evenly. Next, spoon the strawberry pie filling on top of the cake batter. Cut the butter into small cubes and scatter them on top of the pie filling. Place the lid on the DCB and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use fresh strawberries instead of pie filling in the strawberry lava cake?

Yes, you can use fresh strawberries instead of pie filling in the strawberry lava cake. Simply slice the strawberries and place them on top of the cake batter before baking. You may also want to add a little bit of sugar to the strawberries to sweeten them up.

3. How can I make the strawberry lava cake more indulgent for HWC Month?

To make the strawberry lava cake more indulgent for HWC Month, you can top it with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. You can also add some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the cake batter for an extra decadent touch.

4. Can I make the strawberry lava cake in the DCB ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the strawberry lava cake in the DCB ahead of time. After it has cooled, cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the cake in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

5. Is the strawberry lava cake suitable for special dietary restrictions?

The strawberry lava cake can easily be adapted to meet certain dietary restrictions. You can use gluten-free cake mix and dairy-free butter to make it gluten-free and dairy-free. You can also use a sugar-free cake mix and sugar-free pie filling for a lower sugar option. However, please note that the recipe may not be suitable for all dietary restrictions, so it is always best to check the ingredients and double-check with the person's dietary needs before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shelli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Alanna1