• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Do Web Design/Web Mastering?!?

In summary, the speaker's pastor has asked them to take over their church's website, as nobody else is able or willing to do so. The speaker is unsure of where to start and asks for suggestions, but expresses feeling overwhelmed and inexperienced with web authoring. They mention that there are companies that make it easy to design websites, but the original site may require more complex maintenance. The speaker just wants to learn how to maintain the existing site and make occasional updates. It is suggested that more information about the site is needed in order to give proper direction.
itsjustCarla
My pastor has asked if I would be interested in "taking over'' our church's website as there is no one else that can or will do it (his daughter created the website, but has since moved on).

I have no clue where to start. Should I try and find a class to take or does someone have a program that they can recommend so I can teach myself??

Any other suggestions!?!? LOL. I have a feeling that I am in way over my head.:yuck:

IMO it's very difficult to learn web authoring from scratch these days. It's not as simple as plain HTML anymore... there are so many different languages out there. However, there are lots of companies that host and make it easy to design websites using their software... so it depends on how the original site was created and what it would take to maintain it. For example, if the site is hosted through Bravenet or Google sites, etc, then you would just have to learn how to manage that site's website creator/editor.If you are talking about actually designing/coding a site and all that goes with it, it takes lots more time and patience. I've been designing my own sites for years and still have SO MUCH to learn - it's ever changing.Also a consideration - is the site simple and just for info purposes, or is it supposed to be interactive and send you to different places, and will you need to just maintain occasional info or does the content change all the time?

All I want to do is to learn how to maintain the existing site - add photos, change service times, announce activities, etc.

It'd probably be easier to give you direction, if we knew a bit more about the site. Who is the hosting through currently? Maybe if we take a peek and see what kind of stuff is on there, it'd be easier to direct you to what you need to learn.

Hello there! I'm so glad that your pastor has asked you to take over the church's website. It can be a daunting task, but I'm sure you can handle it with the right tools and resources. I would recommend looking into online classes or tutorials to learn the basics of website management. There are also many user-friendly website building platforms, such as Wix or Squarespace, that can help you create a professional-looking website without needing extensive coding knowledge. Additionally, don't hesitate to reach out to other church leaders or members who may have experience with website management and can offer guidance or support. You got this!

1. What is the difference between web design and web mastering?

Web design refers to the process of creating and designing the visual layout and appearance of a website. Web mastering, on the other hand, involves managing and maintaining the technical aspects of a website such as coding, updates, and troubleshooting.

2. Do I need to have coding knowledge to become a web designer or web master?

While having coding knowledge can be beneficial, it is not a requirement for either role. There are many user-friendly website design platforms and content management systems available that do not require coding knowledge.

3. What skills are necessary to be successful in web design and web mastering?

Some essential skills for web design include a good eye for aesthetics, knowledge of design principles, and proficiency in design software. For web mastering, skills such as coding, website maintenance, and problem-solving are crucial.

4. How long does it take to learn web design and web mastering?

The time it takes to learn web design and web mastering can vary depending on the individual's dedication and the complexity of the projects they are working on. With practice and continuous learning, one can become proficient in these skills within a few months to a year.

5. Can I design and manage a website on my own, or do I need a team?

It is possible to design and manage a website on your own, especially if it is a small website. However, for larger and more complex websites, it may be beneficial to have a team of professionals with different skill sets to ensure the website's success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies