• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone do web design/web mastering?!?

itsjustCarla

Advanced Member
Oct 28, 2006
My pastor has asked if I would be interested in "taking over'' our church's website as there is no one else that can or will do it (his daughter created the website, but has since moved on).

I have no clue where to start. Should I try and find a class to take or does someone have a program that they can recommend so I can teach myself??

Any other suggestions!?!? LOL. I have a feeling that I am in way over my head.:yuck:

PampChefJoy

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2005
IMO it's very difficult to learn web authoring from scratch these days. It's not as simple as plain HTML anymore... there are so many different languages out there. However, there are lots of companies that host and make it easy to design websites using their software... so it depends on how the original site was created and what it would take to maintain it. For example, if the site is hosted through Bravenet or Google sites, etc, then you would just have to learn how to manage that site's website creator/editor.

If you are talking about actually designing/coding a site and all that goes with it, it takes lots more time and patience. I've been designing my own sites for years and still have SO MUCH to learn - it's ever changing.

Also a consideration - is the site simple and just for info purposes, or is it supposed to be interactive and send you to different places, and will you need to just maintain occasional info or does the content change all the time?

itsjustCarla

Advanced Member
Oct 28, 2006
All I want to do is to learn how to maintain the existing site - add photos, change service times, announce activities, etc.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
It'd probably be easier to give you direction, if we knew a bit more about the site. Who is the hosting through currently? Maybe if we take a peek and see what kind of stuff is on there, it'd be easier to direct you to what you need to learn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
Replies
Views