• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried No Buy Nights with Pampered Chef?

In summary, the woman from Home Office came and did an event for team members. She mentioned the possibility of having nights where they do a show (as the host) and telling guests to leave their wallets at home, just come to the show and learn how to make a recipe. She said that it was a good way to boost business, and that anyone who has an empty month coming up should consider doing it. They are being instructed to use the excuse of "wear something with [color] in it" on follow-up calls. They are still working on recipe ideas, and are hoping to have 70 to 80 people coming.
EmilyStraw
Have anyone ever heard of "No Buy" nights? We had a lovely lady from Home Office come do an event for our team, and she mentioned the possibility of having nights where we do a show (as you the host) and telling your guests to leave their wallets at home, just come to a show and learn how to make a recipe. (In my case teaching people how to eat healthy would be the draw, lots of requests for this!) You don't use this as a sales night, you use it as a booking tool and a recruiting tool. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Has it been successful for you? I am thinking of having my first one in a couple of weeks, and any suggestions you may have to offer would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

I have not heard of this. It does sound intriguing though, as a booking and recruiting tool.

You mean like a recipe night?

I guess it is a lot like a recipe night. I'm hoping it works, it should be fun!

Let us know how it works emily!!!

I do a cooking class at the local library and can't take orders. I leave my catalog to the side and wear my apron, but it is a community service. I have done two and each time have gotten orders after the fact and got one booking. I do my next one the end of this month as a grilling show. I am really looking forward to it because honestly they are alot of fun and sometimes it is great to just do instead of worrying about sales.

Hmmm. Sounds like an opportunity for me. We have a local "Community Health Program". The WIC office is located there, children's playgroups (where on Thursday's they hold a preschool cooking class). I am thinking I should get involved, and then offer a Free "cooking class" for the mom's of the playgroup to show them a budget friendly meal.

I listened to a call on No Buy shows about a month ago and was really intrigued by it and have seriously considered doing it. If you have an empty month coming up, she said it's the best way to boost your business.The call said to prepare snacks and food and to also have items readily there for them. The incentive for them was for them to "put their name" on the product so that when they held their show, they would get that item for free. They weren't high dollar items that she suggested. But it was drawing in people with the purpose of them booking your available dates.She had a board with her available dates on post its. Then they were to go write their name on the post its and stick said post it on the product that they wanted. So if Susie Q wanted June 1st for her party, she would go and choose her product, say the Brownie Pan. If Betsy wants the Brownie Pan too, she just chooses a different date and puts her date on the Brownie Pan too. Then when they hold their show, they get that product at their show. It's a good way to boost your business in a no pressure manner since you are telling them, I don't want you to buy anything. Come have some food and hear about all the benefits of hosting a show.

Over the years, I've had one or two unintentionally turn out this way. LOL
But seriously, it DOES sound like a great tool to plan it that way!

Anybody work out an invitation yet? We're going to do a No Buy Mega Show to help several of our team with bookings, and if there's an invitation out there floating around, I won't have to start from scratch (I'm much better at tweaking than creating)! Thanks...

great idea!

Ok...here's what I've come up with. I had to convert it to PDF...sorry! My version of Word is 2010, and I can't upload those. I tried to convert it to an older version, but lost the formatting :(

We're doing this as a Mega Show (with the consultants as hosts). We're limiting it to six consultants (have four signed up). We're color coding everyone. So when they print out their invitations, they'll print it on their chosen color. At the show, each one will have a table with their color balloon and table cloths and stickies for their booking table. They are also being instructed to use the excuse of "wear something with [color] in it" on their follow-up calls.

We're still kicking around recipe ideas...will obviously have to be simple to feed the ::fingers crossed:: hopefully 70 to 80 people coming!

I intentially left the address off. Our area is AWEFUL about RSVPs. So, I'm hoping that by having it so they have to call for the location, we'll have a more accurate count...we'll see how that goes!

I'm asking for $5 to $10 from each consultant to offset the cost of food, balloons, table cloths, etc.

That's what we've got so far...Thanks!

Attachments

• No Buy Invitation - Back.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 714
  • No Buy Invitation - Front.pdf
    677 KB · Views: 780
You could probably also look for "Recipe tasting" flyers or invites and tweak those. I think there are a few of those around in Files.

Nikked....your invite is great though too.

template???

Attachments

• no buy.doc
    315 KB · Views: 726
That is BEAUTIFUL! Thank you...I opted to keep it b&w to save costs, but it's nice for those participating to have the option. I love your wording too! Thanks again!

Well, tomorrow is the big night of our "mega" no-obligation night! We have four consultants participating, and things are shaping up nicely. Hoping for some bookings especially, but anything will be good! Here is the final invitation in case anyone is interested... Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• No Obligation Pampered Chef Party.pdf
    608.3 KB · Views: 704
Well, I would have to say it was a success! With three consultants participating, we had about 30 in attendance. Due to our SD's genius and remembering to put up the patriotic tablecloth (which she had from before), I had a close in booking to specifically get the tablecloth, and an additional booking for later in the month. Our SD got 3 bookings and one recruit lead from her very FIRST host from 1,000+ shows ago :) The third gal had one recruit lead who came who is getting to sign and one or two bookings (still waiting to hear). It was a lot of work, but it definitely paid off. I'm looking at doing another "No Buy" night around the holidays...

This sounds like a great idea to introduce the new season's products when they come out! You can introduce the new products to peak interest and get past hosts to book and earn things they don't already have!

I love this NO BUY NO OBLIGATION idea!!!!!!!
Busy getting ready for a booth next week but might have to see if I can get a date and invites together before so I can invite people from the booth!

Love this idea! Great booking tool and probably recruiting as well! So just a few Q's to those that have done them.

Do you demo a new recipe and have other's available for sampling?

Could you kind of do it as a pantry tasting one as well?

Do/Did you have some "stations" set up for guests to "play" with the tools?

I guess I kind of answered my own questions by asking them! LOL:eek:

But I still appreciate any feedback! :D

I think I will try to do one in September. Probably 2nd weekend since 1st is close and a holiday weekend. But I'm going to start planning this weekend! Thanks for the great idea! :):thumbup:

I am going to try this as Preview of the new fall/winter products! I hope it works...august is a hard month! Attached is the flyer I made up.

Attachments

• no buy party.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 573
First I want to say Thank You for this thread, I'm planning a Pampered No Buying Holiday Party/Cookie Exchange. I'm super excited because I want to fill the rest of my December & Jan calendar (I also will be promoting Facebook shows).Here is the info on the invite:
~Leave your wallet at HOME
~Bring a dozen - 2 dozen of your favorite cookies to exchange
~Bring a friend or two the more the merrier
~RSVP for a chance to win a fabulous new fall product
~ We will have an ugly ornament contest, so dig up the ugliest ornament for a chance to win a special Pampered Chef Prize.

1. What are "No Buy" Nights?

"No Buy" Nights are events where we encourage our customers to gather with friends and family and enjoy a night of food, fun, and learning about our products without any pressure to purchase.

2. How do I host a "No Buy" Night?

Hosting a "No Buy" Night is easy! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will work with you to schedule a date and time, invite guests, and provide all the necessary materials for a successful event.

3. Is there a cost to host a "No Buy" Night?

No, there is no cost to host a "No Buy" Night. It is a free event designed for our customers to have a fun and informative night without any pressure to purchase.

4. Can I still purchase products at a "No Buy" Night?

While the main focus of "No Buy" Nights is not on purchasing products, guests are welcome to make purchases if they wish. However, there is no obligation or pressure to do so.

5. Are there any benefits to hosting a "No Buy" Night?

Absolutely! As a host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from your "No Buy" Night. It's a great way to earn rewards while having a fun night with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Softballmom
Replies
Views
baychef
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies