1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Anyone do contest boxes at restaurants?

1. chefelka

chefelka Silver Member

Hey,

I was thinking of trying a contest box using a slip like the drawing slips and making a cute box or use a fish bowl, and asking a small restaurant to put it at their checkout counter.

They could maybe win a free entree at that restaurant - one person each month would win, and the rest win FREE pampered chef parties...

Has anyone tried anything like this?

May 8, 2009
  2. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I've gotten good sales leads and shows from leaving my business cards near the register or any other place that will let you.
    We used to have those boxes when I worked with Rainbow and found that you'll get some families filling out 10 cards and lots of kids filling them out.

May 8, 2009
  3. chefelka

chefelka Silver Member

what kind of bussiness card do you leave

May 8, 2009
  4. Chef Bobby

The PC card from merrill. It works better than catalogues and is a lot cheaper.

May 8, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I second the business cards idea! I went and bought a few cheap holders and had it ready when I asked. That way they are contained and the business doesn't have to provide one.

6. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I've left them at Curves before - usually during HWC. I didn't get any promising results from it.

7. I had really good success with fish bowls with a different direst sales company, but haven't yet tried it with Pampered Chef. Because of kids entering, I had made custom sheets that asked age, and on my sign, I put you must be 18.

May 9, 2009
  8. Chef Bobby

I had 2 good shows by leaving my cards at a hardware store where contractors advertise. One was the owner's wife and the other was an employee.
    I got a $100+ order by leaving my cards near the register at a restaurant.

May 10, 2009
Have something to add?