• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone do both the Caprese Minis/Strawberry Amaretto?

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I was wondering for those of you who do both recipes, how long do they take? I was thinking about having the pitas done and the phyllo baked before going to the show. Any other suggestions? Or does anyone do both start to finnish at the show?

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I just did the Vegetable Pizza and the Strawberry Amarettos (both from SB) on Saturday. I prepped all the ingredients for the Strawberry Amarettos and had the guests assemble them after I demoed the pizza. BTW, a pre-made pizza crust (like Boboli) works wonders with the veggie pizza recipe!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I'll have to try that.

chefmary

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
AJPratt said:
I was wondering for those of you who do both recipes, how long do they take? I was thinking about having the pitas done and the phyllo baked before going to the show. Any other suggestions? Or does anyone do both start to finnish at the show?

Anne:

When I do the Strawberry Amaretto, I usually prebake the crust before the guests get to the show, since it's fairly easy to demonstrate what I did once they come out of the oven. This way, I'm sure they are cooled enough for assembly.

I haven't made the Caprese Mini Sandwiches at a show, but I did make them for an appetizer at a Memorial Day party. I was concerned that they would be too time consuming, so I waited for an "occasion." I really think they are pretty easy to put together and since they are meant to be served on the warm side, I would say demo the whole thing at the show.

And finally, the Antipasto Pizza is delicious! I prebake the crust at home, using the Pizza Crust and Roll mix (I've begun selling more of it since I started using it for my prebaked crusts).

Hope this answers your questions!

Mary