• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Demoing From New Sb This Spring?

not sure.I haven't made it again yet. I also made it with Idaho tates not baby reds because....well...I'm in Idaho ;)
chefsteph07
I usually try to pull one or two new recipes from the "new" SB's, but I really don't see anything up my alley this season...not bashing, just saying not my cup of tea, is anyone wowed and going to demo anything from it this year? Or anything else that's new? (new cookbooks, etc)

The Quick Chicken Pad Thai looks yummy and would be a relatively easy demo I think (having not looked at it thoroughly with my "demo eyes" on).

I want to make the chicken napoleon things, maybe not for a show, but for me LOL

I want to try the cobb salad. Otherwise there were a few recipes from the other two new cookbooks I wanted to try for my shows.

i had friends over last night so 6 of us for dinner
I made the crab rangoon cups (I though they were blah) but they were all gone
the cucumber bites were yummy but not a good demo in my opinion. 4 were left
the asian cobb salad again pretty bland and the turkey wonton soup was ok... we all doctored the broth up and the wontons were a hit but again not a recipe I'd do for a show

tonight im practicing the buffalo chicken lasagna

The chicken pat thai is what I'm making for my group's pigfest. I like that the recipe has stovetop directions so I may make some to have at home when I do.I'd like to do the strawberry ice in my real food processor since I don't have the manual one.I'm really surprised at the lack of deserts in this one ... not even a triffle!

I may offer the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad (again) or Truffle Brownie Cups. But in all honesty, I have had great success with my previous demo of Chicken Enchilada Pizza with the 8 min lava cake. I'm not sure yet.

I think I'm going to stick with the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad, especially now with the mango slicer. Actually, I think the new mango salsa would go great as a topping for that, and provide a little more color, so I may just switch it up a little and do it that way. I'd also like to try it with the Chili Lime seasoning.

I'll probably also offer a Grilled Pizza show for the summer.

Intrepid_Chef said:
The chicken pat thai is what I'm making for my group's pigfest. I like that the recipe has stovetop directions so I may make some to have at home when I do.

I'd like to do the strawberry ice in my real food processor since I don't have the manual one.

I'm really surprised at the lack of deserts in this one ... not even a triffle!

Yes, I am also surprised that there isn't a trifle.

And, I hadn't thought of using my real food processor for the strawberry ice. Thanks for the idea. Let us know how it turns out!

I'll tell you what I will NOT be making! Those Blue Cheese/Bacon/Potato things! Anyone tried them? All the cheese melted to the bottom of the pan, they were horrible to get out, and smelled like baking barf while they were in the oven. :yuck: :yuck: They look awful, and even my husband who loves blue cheese didn't like them. This is the PC 1st recipe EVER that we didn't like.

Sandi

sandilou said:
I'll tell you what I will NOT be making! Those Blue Cheese/Bacon/Potato things! Anyone tried them? All the cheese melted to the bottom of the pan, they were horrible to get out, and smelled like baking barf while they were in the oven. :yuck: :yuck: They look awful, and even my husband who loves blue cheese didn't like them. This is the PC 1st recipe EVER that we didn't like.Sandi
I guess that is why there is so much variety. Some things won't suit some people. I see things that I would never want to make. But......We totally love this recipe. I posted pics on the PC FB page. They were tasty and pretty. Easy and cheap. I will not try to do them in the MMP any longer though. I will stack them on the new SW cookie sheet or pizza stone etc.

The new cookie sheet -- good idea. Maybe my potatoes were too big for the MMF. I wondered if the potatoes should be zapped in the micro to make them give a little. Do you try them on the cookie sheet? One of my firstparties in March has requested this recipe, so maybe I will be making them again after all. :rolleyes:

Sandi

I haven't made it again yet. I also made it with Idaho tates not baby reds because....well...I'm in Idaho ;)The stoneware might make the bottom potato layer a little more crisp as well.I am looking forward to making the Mexican Napoleons for what I know ahead of time will be a smaller show. (They were outstanding!!!)

I made those for dinner last night. They got a :thumbup: :thumbup: from my family. The ideas we came up with for a show would be not to stack them -- they were kinda tricky to eat. We also wondered about cutting the tortillas in fourths to make them sample size and not waste the edges. My daugher thought it would be good to shred the chicken. I would do this recipe for sure. :)

Sandi

sandilou said:
I made those for dinner last night. They got a :thumbup: :thumbup: from my family. The ideas we came up with for a show would be not to stack them -- they were kinda tricky to eat. We also wondered about cutting the tortillas in fourths to make them sample size and not waste the edges. My daugher thought it would be good to shred the chicken. I would do this recipe for sure. :)

Sandi

Someone else mentioned to watch closely the browning times. The torts do go from close to too brown in the blink of an eye.

I made the Chicken Pad Thai and Crab Rangoon Bites last night for dinner! Chicken Pad Thai was really good and is pretty easy to demo IMO. The Crab Rangoons were too spicy for my liking, but I can always omit the serrano pepper next time....my fiance LOVED them though! We are huge Asian cuisine fans though, so it's hard to find an Asian dish we don't love!

I agree with you Steph....not real fond of the SB this next season. The food just isn't what I am use to. So I am going to concentrate more on the DCB and Healthy Cooking cookbooks.

sandilou said:
The new cookie sheet -- good idea. Maybe my potatoes were too big for the MMF. I wondered if the potatoes should be zapped in the micro to make them give a little. Do you try them on the cookie sheet? One of my firstparties in March has requested this recipe, so maybe I will be making them again after all. :rolleyes:

Sandi

Why are you offering a recipe you don't like or hadn't tried yet?

I will definitely be sticking to the DCB...I have had such great success these past few months selling the DCB right at the shows, and if not, they are booking because they want it! I will try and get creative with something "new" to do with it, but definitely agree with you Steph...don't care too much for the SB recipes..lets see after our Meeting on the 8th to see what everyone brings..maybe someone will make us a believer!!!!

I think I've only done the fajitas in months. :) Not super excited about the recipes for demos, but haven't really poured over them either. Personally, I can't wait to try the potato blue cheese things - three of my favorite flavors ever!

sandilou said:

Sandi

Don't let your host dictate what you make. I give my hosts 3-4 recipes to chose from every season and they don't get to pick something I don't like to make or that I didn't think taste good.

Totally demoing the Asian Cobb Salad. Shows some good items and it really tasty and healthy!

I'm looking to offer these (my host may pick one) the mango salsa with pork sliders or the black bean chicken napoleons buuuut I am changing the name to Double Decker Mexican Pizza and I will cover the bottom of the bar pan w/ tortillas, throw some of the mixture on and then add another layer of tortillas and top w/ the rest :) We shall see how they go over ........

Becca_in_MD said:
Why are you offering a recipe you don't like or hadn't tried yet?

Because I met with the host the very next day after I got my change-over supplies. We looked through the SB b/f I had a chance to try anything and she thought they looked good. I figured since it was a featured recipe, it was probably a good demo. Like someone said, their 3 favorite ingreds, and a lot of people at the cluster meeting tonight agreed, so maybe it will be ok.

Sandi

I will be offering the chicken pot pie from the dcb cookbook, grill pizzas (always a hit), the peanut butter chocolate bars, they will be fun to make and with warm weather around the corner a fruit pizza or something like that. Oh and the mango salsa would be awesome to make, if I could find mangos around here.

pampered.chris said:
I will be offering the chicken pot pie from the dcb cookbook, grill pizzas (always a hit), the peanut butter chocolate bars, they will be fun to make and with warm weather around the corner a fruit pizza or something like that. Oh and the mango salsa would be awesome to make, if I could find mangos around here.

Did you figure out how to do the chicken pot pie in the microwave?

pampered.chris said:

I don't think I'd do the chicken pot pie as a demo recipe. I made it for dinner last night and while it is yummy there are a lot of steps and time before you put it in the oven for 40 minutes. IMHO demo recipes shouldn't be more than 20-25 minutes cook/cool time. I don't think there's a way to shorten this recipe. It takes time to thicken that sauce - well I guess if you did that as soon as you got there and had the chicken precooked... But really other than chopping the onions (MFP) and pressing the garlic and measuring the other things there isn't much demo to it...

Becca... you asked about doing a recipe for demo without trying it first. I do that all the time and I brag on the fact that I haven't found a PC recipe not work so I don't worry (so far guests have agreed when eating them). Of course I read it through and make sure it fits what I consider a demo recipe before I agree to do it (shows tools and is quick).

I love all the new recipes but I have to say I am so into the 30 minutes or less both at home and shows that I am disappointed that so many take so much more time. Spoiled I guess.

Last night at our cluster meeting, my director's director did the Mango Confetti Salsa as a demo. Some of us thought it was good, but feel that our hosts will want something else with it. Someone else shared that we could grill some chicken. I got to thinking on the way home that we could do rice in the rice cooker, grill chicken w/ the new Chili Lime Rub, and then serve it all together with the salsa. And over the warm chicken you could grate some Monterey Jack Cheese w/ the coarse grater. You could put the cheese in a bowl and they could dish themselves up.

babywings76 said:
Last night at our cluster meeting, my director's director did the Mango Confetti Salsa as a demo. Some of us thought it was good, but feel that our hosts will want something else with it. Someone else shared that we could grill some chicken. I got to thinking on the way home that we could do rice in the rice cooker, grill chicken w/ the new Chili Lime Rub, and then serve it all together with the salsa. And over the warm chicken you could grate some Monterey Jack Cheese w/ the coarse grater. You could put the cheese in a bowl and they could dish themselves up.

I was going to do Chicken Your Way with the salsa. I like the idea of doing rice or something else on the side.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef demo in the spring?

Spring is a great time to host a Pampered Chef demo because it is a season of renewal and fresh beginnings. It is also the perfect time to showcase our new products and recipes that are perfect for spring entertaining. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products.

What new products are being featured in the spring demos?

We are excited to showcase our new spring collection, which includes products perfect for grilling, outdoor entertaining, and fresh, light meals. Some of the new products include the Quick Cooker, Quick Cooker Accessories, and the Herb Freezer Tray.

What types of recipes are featured in the spring demos?

Our spring demos feature recipes that are perfect for warmer weather and seasonal produce. Some examples include grilled meats and vegetables, fresh salads and sides, and light and refreshing desserts. We also have recipes that utilize our new spring products.

Can I still earn host rewards if I host a virtual demo from New Sb this spring?

Yes, absolutely! We understand that some people may not be comfortable hosting in-person demos at this time, so we offer the option to host a virtual demo. You can still earn the same host rewards as you would with an in-person demo, plus you can invite friends and family from anywhere to join in on the fun.

What safety measures are in place for in-person demos during the spring?

The safety and well-being of our hosts, guests, and consultants is our top priority. We have implemented strict guidelines for in-person demos, such as wearing masks, frequent hand washing, and sanitizing products and surfaces. We also offer the option for hosts to have a contactless demo where products are shipped directly to guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Admin Greg