• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Printer Problems: Margins and Specials

In summary, printer margin issues can be resolved by checking the paper size and orientation settings, adjusting the margins in the document or printer properties, cleaning the printer heads, or adjusting the paper tray guides. Uneven margins when printing double-sided can be fixed by adjusting the printer's duplex alignment or manually adjusting the margins in the document. If the printer is cutting off edges, check the paper size and scaling settings, and adjust the font size or margins. Troubleshooting printing issues with special characters can be done by changing the font or enabling special character printing in the printer settings. Finally, if the printer is printing blank pages, try cleaning the printhead or replacing the ink/toner cartridge, or consider servicing or replacing the printer.
erinhoward
My printer cuts off the bottom of the page - the fine print with the details of the specials. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make it think the margins are narrower but I can't so far.

I think it's the way they designed the PDF rather than my printer but I'm not positive. Are other people having the same problem?

Make sure that in the "Scaling" in the Print dialog box it's set to "Fit to Printable Area" or "Shrink to Printable Area"

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your printer cutting off the bottom of the page. It sounds like it could be an issue with the PDF design rather than your printer. Have you tried adjusting the print settings or page setup to see if that helps? You could also try printing the PDF from a different device or program to see if that makes a difference. I haven't personally experienced this issue, but it's always helpful to check with others to see if they're having the same problem. Hopefully you're able to find a solution soon!

1. Why are my printer margins not printing correctly?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that the paper size and orientation settings in your printer and on your computer match. Also, check the margins settings in your document or printer properties. If the issue persists, try cleaning the printer heads or adjusting the paper tray guides to ensure the paper is feeding correctly.

2. How do I fix uneven margins when printing double-sided?

This could be due to a misalignment in the printer's duplexing process. Check the printer's manual or settings to see if there is an option to adjust the duplex alignment. If not, try manually adjusting the margins in your document to compensate for the uneven printing.

3. What should I do if my printer is cutting off the edges of my document?

First, check the paper size settings in your printer and document. If they are correct, try adjusting the scaling or zoom settings in your document to ensure it fits within the printable area. You can also try printing with a smaller font size or adjusting the margins to fit more content on the page.

4. How do I troubleshoot printing issues with special characters or symbols?

If your printer is not printing special characters or symbols correctly, try changing the font to a different one that supports those characters. You can also check the printer's manual or settings to see if there is an option to enable or disable special character printing.

5. My printer is printing blank pages, how do I fix this?

This could be caused by a clogged printhead or low ink/toner levels. Try running a printhead cleaning or replacing the ink/toner cartridge. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the printer itself and it may need to be serviced or replaced.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Tracy99