• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Doing Weight Watchers?

In summary, there are a few people who do weight watchers. It is a great program if you work it. However, it can be harder the second time around.
nikki70563
Gold Member
just wondering if there is anybody who does weight watchers?

I do!!
How long have you been doing it?

Oh yes, I sure do. I think there are quite a few of us on here. It's a great program if you work it. Notice I said IF you work it. That's my problem sometimes!:blushing:

pamperedbecky said:
Oh yes, I sure do. I think there are quite a few of us on here. It's a great program if you work it. Notice I said IF you work it. That's my problem sometimes!:blushing:

Me too!
I have been HORRIBLE this week. PMS doesn't help.:grumpy:

well lets see this is my can't count how many times doing it but anyway - I didn't it before I got married in 2002 and stopped - then in 2003 stopped got preg. - then in 2005 stopped got preg. - then in 2006 stopped got preg. - then in 2007 stopped got preg. - then just signed again on Jan 14, 2008 - do you see a pattern - but unfornately I misscarried in 2005 & 2006 - so my family joke with me about getting preg. this time but I said I will wait a little while to lose some weight. And yourself?

Yeah, unfortunately it's SOOO much harder for me the 2nd time around. i did great on it after having my son....lost 50 pounds, was close to my goal, then got pregnant with my daughter.:) Of course, she's now 3 so I have used just about every excuse in the book to make this drag on and on and on and on....

I did twice. I'm now pregnant so that is why I stopped the second time. I did lose the weight before that - I was actually starting maintenance when I got pregnant. ZK

pamperedbecky said:
Yeah, unfortunately it's SOOO much harder for me the 2nd time around. i did great on it after having my son....lost 50 pounds, was close to my goal, then got pregnant with my daughter.:) Of course, she's now 3 so I have used just about every excuse in the book to make this drag on and on and on and on....

that is me EXACTLY!!!!! First time around I lost 50 pounds (quickly) was close to my goal and got pregnant with my second son. I joined again last year and it's taken me over a year to lose 40 pounds, which is good, but it was so much quicker the first time around and I'm still about 20-25 pounds from where I'd like to be. I was awful today, b/c here at work, they had these HUGE heart shaped sugar cookies and stuff for us to decorate them. I made one for my "boys" and then ate the entire cookie...gulp!!! Guess I better run tonight or do SOMETHING!!!!!

You guys have the greatest reasons--your kids. Unfortunately, I don't have kids so I can only use the reason that I didn't follow the program. As you know, you can continue to follow the program and exercise even if you are pregnant. That way you can keep from getting gestational diabetes, endangering the life of your fetus by putting on too much weight, and getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight quicker. Just admit it, it is easier to not follow the program--whether you are pregnant or not. I've just joined again as a lifetime member for the 4th time. One of these days my brain will realize I need to stay on the program because the older I get, the harder it is to lose.

What Becky, Nikki, and Susan said!

I recently started WW, AGAIN! This is my second week, and I am not on track at all. I did lose 2.2 lbs my first week, but it is PMS season, and I have no control at all this week!

I'm a second-time arounder too. I did it about 6 years ago & lost 15 pounds--I didn't go to meetings or anything, just got the info from my mom who has done it for years. I just started again in January & have lost 10 pounds of my 40 pound goal. I'm wanting to lose my pregnancy weight from 2 pregnancies & the 25 extra pounds I had when I got pregnant the first time.

I just started WW two weeks ago, they started the program at our work and the lady comes once a week on our lunch break. So far I've lost about 6lbs. It hasn't been too hard to stick to it, but I think I may have used most of my bonus points on Valentines Dinner tonight :blushing:

I do... I started four weeks ago......... I have lost a total of 11.6 lbs my first four weeks...... I really love it!!

I lost 15 pounds on WW. The right way! It took 12 weeks.

I did weight watchers awhile ago and loved it. Now I just watch what I eat and go to the gym 5 days a weeks. But I have hit a platue and the scale doesn't want to move so I am going to have to do somethng. I do it have all my ww books so I my pull them out the program works great.

I do Weight Watchers, too. I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off for a year and 3 months so far. I'm not planning on any more babies, so I have no excuse to not keep it off. I still count POINTS, very roughly though, and if I notice I gain a pound or two I jump right back in to counting to get it back off. My key is exercising. If I don't, I can tell - maybe not on the scale, but in the way my clothes feel, so I've just made it part of my daily routine and know that this is how it will be the rest of my life.

Good luck to all of you - the program really does work; keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, and I think it's easier to keep the weight off!

dianevill said:
Good luck to all of you - the program really does work; keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, and I think it's easier to keep the weight off!

That's what I really like about WW. It's about changing how you eat, but not starving yourself or completely taking out an entire food group, etc.

I plan on starting back to exercising soon & I'm hoping that will help me shed the pounds a little faster. I'm pretty happy though, I've been doing it for 7 weeks now & have lost about 10 pounds.

anyone does the walking dvd would like to know what you think about it

We have a meeting here at work and I was doing it until I got pregnant. I'm still going to the meetings and weighing... just for the accountability. (Technically I can't DO WW but she lets me weigh anyway and I keep it for myself). I haven't gained near what I did with my first one and I think it will be easier to get back on track once the baby is here. I'm not currently counting points but I am making smart decisions about the food I eat. It is a great program if you work it!

would anyone like to do thread every week to check into to help each other stay on track

nikki70563 said:
would anyone like to do thread every week to check into to help each other stay on track

GREAT IDEA!!
When do you weigh in? I weigh in on Wednesday evenings.
:)

mommyhugz1978 said:
I do... I started four weeks ago......... I have lost a total of 11.6 lbs my first four weeks...... I really love it!!
Whoohoo, way to go Leah! Great job! Keep up the hard work and you will be at your goal weight in No time!:D

pamperedbecky said:

You could be talking about WW or a PC business... how funny!

down 40 poundsI started in mid Sept last year and I am down 42 pounds but have struggled the last couple weeks. I have been sick since late Nov early Dec and man am I tired of being sick. Over the last two weeks I've had a cold hit on top of my cold and it has really thrown me for a loop. I need to get back to tracking really well so I will get back to doing well. :angel:

JackieBozeman said:
As you know, you can continue to follow the program and exercise even if you are pregnant. That way you can keep from getting gestational diabetes, endangering the life of your fetus by putting on too much weight, and getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight quicker. Just admit it, it is easier to not follow the program--whether you are pregnant or not. I've just joined again as a lifetime member for the 4th time. One of these days my brain will realize I need to stay on the program because the older I get, the harder it is to lose.

My meeting refused to take me once I was pregnant. While I can follow the good health guidelines and exercise I cannot keep to whatever points. I don't actually have a problem though while I'm pregnant - I start craving SALADS!

It the feeling that nursing mommies can eat anything even when baby is only nursing once a day that gets me into trouble :)

ZK

what about diet pills? has anyone taken any that actually work???

Absolutely not.
It needs to be a lifestyle change.
With a "quick fix" you may lose weight, but there is no way you'll keep it off.

I completely agree!
SusanBP0129 said:
Absolutely not.
I so :thumbup: agree with this statement it isn't even funny. I have found that even though I am having problems right now it isn't because of WW it is just because I have not been truly following my plan, when I follow I get results and it really is a lifestyle change but your habits really help/hinder you.

Weight WatchersI belong to another weight group by the name of Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), we like to refer to it as the "poor man's weight watchers). We are a non-profit support group. I reached my goal weight but have now gained it back plus some. It doesn't matter what group you belong to if you don't work the program. If you want more information on TOPS go to TOPS Club, Inc.

This program has been around since the 1940's.

weight watchers/TOPSTOPS Club, Inc. for information on Take Off Pounds Sensibly.

katie0128 said:
You could be talking about WW or a PC business... how funny!
How funny you mention that! Many, many times I"ve tried to take what I've learned with PC, specifically what's helped me be so successful at it and try to translate that into the same success with WW. Unfortunately it's just NOT the same!! I've tried tracking charts that helped me earn trips with PC and tried to make charts and stuff like that with WW. I just can't get myself as motivated with WW. So, I"m still searching for something that'll help me achieve the same success with WW. I love the little carrots and rewards PC gives us and I KNOW that the rewards with WW would be so much better (better health, better fitting clothes, the excuse to buy new clothes in a smaller size, etc) but I get stuck in a rut too quickly. I do agree that the accountability helps with WW, so even when my weeks suck, I still go weigh in.

Anyway, if anyone has other ideas on how to streamline ways in which yo'ure successful with PC to WW, I'm all ears!:D

I started WW about a month ago and was almost to 5 pounds, but last week I gained a little. When I write everything down I do pretty well, but after awhile it gets hard to remember/be disciplined to do that.

I did WW about 10 years ago and lost about 10 pounds, then regained 15 or so...you know the story. Now I'm about 30 pounds more than when I started before! :( But this time I've joined the monthly and I'm just going to keep going until I get to my goal. (Last time I quit because of the money...)

Weight Watchers is the best program out there, since it WORKS! I've lost 95 pounds doing WW, and I feel great. I go to meetings every single week and weigh every single week even though I am Lifetime and only have to weigh once a month.

Well once a month isn't good enough for me because I KNOW I would go back to bad habits if I didn't hold myself accountable! I REFUSE to be fat and obese EVER AGAIN.

heat123 said:
Whoohoo, way to go Leah! Great job! Keep up the hard work and you will be at your goal weight in No time!:D

I have been going through my clothes left and right... if the truth be known... I actually lost 9 lbs myself before I started WW, so between Christmas and Now... (I gave up soda at Christmas regularly not diet) and I have lost a total of 21 lbs.

SusanBP0129 said:
Absolutely not.

Isn't that the truth......... I put my Husband on the plan.... I told him if I was loosing he was loosing too. And my daughter doesn't know that it's a lifestyle or change really other than I have been cooking a little different.

Sailortena,
That is great. I'm impressed. Congrats on your accomplishment. Mommyhugz you are doing pretty good too!
ZK

SusanBP0129 said:
GREAT IDEA!!
When do you weigh in? I weigh in on Wednesday evenings.
:)

I weigh in on Monday evenings.

anyone has the walking dvd - do you like it?

last night i had a 1.2 lost

hi there...not too much action on this thread recently, but i'd like to reactivate it. i joined, AGAIN, probably for the 5th time, yesterday. i lost 10pounds over the summer (fresh produce and alli) but have already put 3 back on. so, i need to be on a plan with structure and accountability.

i like the idea of checking in...my weigh in day is tuesday.

also, i made a yummy, filling 5-point lunch: 1 egg omlette with lots of veggies and seasoned with the greek seasoning. i had a toasted wheat english muffin with healthy balance and sugar-free (splenda) jam.

PC products used? 8" exec pan, greek seasoning, small bamboo spatula from the specialty cooking set.

we can do it!

Well, after three weeks of "cheating" while doing ww online (I've been doing it since Jan & started really well), I have decided to do the monthly pass & go to meetings. I think I need to hold myself more accountable & just putting in my weight & food online wasn't enough. My mom is joining with me. Our weigh in day will be Thursdays. Tomorrow is our first meeting.

1. What is Weight Watchers?

Weight Watchers is a weight loss program that focuses on healthy eating and lifestyle changes. It uses a points system to track food intake and encourages regular physical activity.

2. How does Weight Watchers work?

Weight Watchers uses a points system called SmartPoints to track food intake. Each food is assigned a certain number of points based on its nutritional value. The program also encourages regular physical activity and offers support and guidance from trained coaches.

3. Is Weight Watchers only for people who need to lose weight?

No, Weight Watchers is for anyone who wants to adopt a healthier lifestyle. It can be beneficial for weight loss, weight maintenance, or simply improving overall health and well-being.

4. Can I still eat my favorite foods on Weight Watchers?

Yes, Weight Watchers allows for flexibility and encourages moderation. No foods are off-limits, but they may have a higher point value. The program teaches portion control and making healthier choices overall.

5. Can I do Weight Watchers if I have dietary restrictions?

Yes, Weight Watchers offers options for those with dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. They also have a team of nutritionists who can provide personalized guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
pamperedchefdudeky
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies