• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Getting Bookings Tonight: How to Succeed Despite $600 Loss

In summary, if you want bookings tonight, be prepared with tips on how to get people booked and host special benefits.
pchefpatti13
Any tips for getting bookings tonight. I had a show on Tuesday and didn't get a single booking but it will turn out to be a $600 show. Any tips for tonight? I even offered the drawing for the FREE Ultimate Slice & Grate. I thought that would work. I only have (1) Catalog Show for Nov, (1) Kitchen Show for December and (1) Kitchen Show for February. I am trying to get a fund raiser together for November & December so I can meet my SS #'s

Are you talking about bookings throughout your shows? You need to make sure and tell everyone about the host specials and why they would want to book a show.

Tip 1: DON'T SEEM DESPERATE!! When you are desperate for bookings, you might run people off! You are over-eager to get their bookings.

Tip 2: REMEMBER WHAT BENEFITS THE HOST GETS-FORGET WHAT YOU GET. Don't focus on what you need or want. When we focus on outselves, people feel that we just want them to do a show so we will benefit.

Tip 3: ASK EVERYONE. Track this at your shows, ask every single person. Call the outside orders before transmitting the show to do Customer Care and give them the opportunity to take advantage of the amazing host benefits!

Hope this helps! Just remember that 1 booking will lead into 2 bookings into 4 bookings etc!

You could offer a one-night special--
Book tonight and Your Kitchen Show will be ON ME!​
(*you pay for/bring the ingredients/plates/forks/napkins for one recipe, while the host provides guests and refreshments)
-or-
be candid with the guests. tell them that as you're helping them outfit their kitchen with our products, they're helping you work towards some free products for your business inventory--it's a win-win situation! you help them and they help you.
then, you could ask everyone there what their reason is for not having a show (maybe during, or at the end when you're taking orders and everyone is mingling) and for each reason, you could tell them a way they could have a show...
"i don't have the time" -- well, i do offer express shows, which is where i bring a completed recipe to your home (or church, etc), and simply show a few products--takes an hour at most. the express shows are great b/c it doesn't take up your entire evening, and yet your guests get to see our products first-hand. and best of all--an hour's time gets you some awesome host benefits.. you can't lose! also, catalog shows are perfect for those who have no time in their schedule to fit in a kitchen show. you can drop catalogs off to family, friends, co-workers, or your child's daycare center. how about your church members? list goes on and on! (see "i don't know who will order")
"i don't have the money" -- the best thing about our host rewards is that the levels are calculated OUTSIDE the host order--meaning you do not have to order a THING to get the many benefits! You don't even pay shipping!
"i don't know anyone that will order" -- ask them how many people they send their christmas cards to. people forget that they know others, and they don't realize how many people they really know! [i read of one woman who brought "100 in 4" flyers--the hundred ppl in 4 minutes--to one of her shows and while everyone was waiting for guests to arrive, she gave them each 4 minutes (or so) to fill out their 100 spots. she told them if they could fill their sheets completely, they'd get a prize (twixit clip or citrus peeler or quikcut knife, etc), and for each person they referred to her who booked, they got $5 off their next order! (did not count for that evening's orders and the credit was given only after the referred booking's party closed)] ask if they have kids (MOPS group, daycare, babysitter, parents of their kids' friends), or if they belong to a church (choir, bible study, ministry group) or group of some sort (scouts, PTA, etc). do they get their hair cut? (hairdresser), or do they go to the library (library staff)? what about their local bank (staff there).. these are all places they could flash a catalog
catalog shows are perfect for those who have no time in their schedule to fit in a kitchen show. remember--the products sell themselves, but the catalogs don't walk on their own!
-or-
get them to help their friend, the host. they have tons of games; one where you hang a necklace around the host's neck with some little gadgets tied on.. for each booking, she gets to pick one to keep.
-or-
book a show, open a box: have a small box (or small boxes) with a piece of paper inside saying what prize you want to give away for people booking (ie: classic scraper, small batter bowl, creative cutters set, etc or $10 gift cert. only redeemable through you) and tie a cute ribbon top, then tell the guests that they can open the "gift" and see what's inside once they set a date for their show.. they'll get their gift at the closing of their show.. people LOVE gifts!! you could do a different prize amount for catalog shows, kitchen shows, & fundraisers, maybe in three different colored boxes or with three different ribbons on them.

hope you get A TON of bookings tonight!! God bless!

oh and remember--every person is a brand new circle of customers! :D

Thanks Amanda!Amanda... Thank you! I just copied your post and printed it out. The way you word your sentences sounds like the way I would say it. I am going to try to say these out loud and increase my bookings!

YOU are a blessing!

ooh how did it go?Anne,
The funny thing is that I didn't even think of any of that until I was writing the post in reply to yours!! HA! I guess it was just my subconscious finally venting what everyone has been telling me for the past 6 months!

I'm not discrediting the other advice--this business IS all about the customer, and the more we pour into them, the more will get returned to us. I just saw this firsthand--I sent out a couple catalogs and some order forms and flyers to a distant relative a few hours away. She had said she would try to see if she could round up a couple orders, but if she didn't make enough to have a show, they could be individual ones. I figured that I wouldn't be too disappointed if it ended up just that.. But I followed through, host coaching with her and letting her know I was there if she needed anything. She emailed me today, telling me that in another few days, she can have a $400+ show for me! I'm walkin' on air! Just goes to show, like everyone says, sometimes the ones you've practically given up on are the ones that blow you away! You just never know!

How did your show go, anyhow? I hope it went very well... and the bookings? How did getting those go?

Details! Details! :D

God bless!
~Amanda

soooo how did it go?Anne,
The funny thing is that I didn't even think of any of that until I was writing the post in reply to yours!! HA! I guess it was just my subconscious finally venting what everyone has been telling me for the past 6 months!

I'm not discrediting the other advice--this business IS all about the customer, and the more we pour into them, the more will get returned to us. I just saw this firsthand--I sent out a couple catalogs and some order forms and flyers to a distant relative a few hours away. She had said she would try to see if she could round up a couple orders, but if she didn't make enough to have a show, they could be individual ones. I figured that I wouldn't be too disappointed if it ended up just that.. But I followed through, host coaching with her and letting her know I was there if she needed anything. She emailed me today, telling me that in another few days, she can have a $400+ show for me! No bookings yet, but I'm walkin' on air! [I got some bookings from the mall fair I just did last week, so I'm still high on life from that! :p ]Just goes to show, like everyone says, sometimes the ones you've practically given up on :( are the ones that blow you away! :D You just never know!

How did your show go, anyhow? I hope it went very well... and the bookings? How did getting those go?

Details! Details!

God bless!
~Amanda

I love the advice in here!

Did you ask each and every person as you were taking their order if they'd be interested in booking a kitchen or catalog show? "Would you like fries with that?" ~ I'm not offended.

And don't forget to talk about the opportunity. Just remember no one gets offended by being asked - just think about it as that new restaurant in town that you love and then end up talking about to the next 10 people you bump into! Same thing with PC. You love it and it's such a great opportunity.

Good luck!
Susan :)

I love the advice, too!

I am definaetly be a little more assertive with asking. I watch my recruiter and just marvel at how easily it comes to her and how naturally it sounds.

What are some tips for getting bookings tonight?

1. Reach out to past customers and offer a special discount or promotion for booking a party tonight.

2. Utilize social media to promote your business and offer a limited time booking incentive.

3. Host a giveaway or raffle for those who book a party tonight.

4. Ask friends and family to host a party with you tonight and offer them a hostess gift for doing so.

5. Offer a special discount or bonus for guests who book a party at the event you are currently hosting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
loreo
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
missiemom
  • ChefBrendaC