• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Any Tips on Tex/Mex Rollups or Mango Torte?

In summary, the consultant who made the roll ups at the big recipe rollout back in February said they were kind of messy to make. The torte is messy to make at a show, it does not want to stay together. The torte is yummy though! I made the torte for my meeting and it was EASY! and YUMMMMY! I am going to demo the roll ups and make the torte when I get there. The torte benefits from some additional time for the cake to cool before assembly. I haven't made or tasted the torte yet! Is it yummy? I would not make the torte at a show. I haven't tried the Angel Food cake...YUMMO
Making them both for the first time at a show this week.. any tips, good or bad???

I haven't made either but at our big recipe roll-out back in February, the consultant who made the roll ups I think said they were kind of messy???? If I remember correctly. They sure taste great though! I haven't made the torte yet either.

I hear the torte is messy to make at a show, it does not want to stay togetherr.Yummy though!

I made the torte for my meeting and it was EASY! ...and YUMMMMY!

I am going to demo the roll ups and make the torte when I get there, but demo the pineapple wedger just before serving. I figured the torte could sit in the fridge and firm up a bit???

I would not make the torte at a show. It benefits from some additional time for the cake to cool before assembly.

I haven't made or tasted the torte yet! Is it yummy?

DebbieJ said:
I would not make the torte at a show. It benefits from some additional time for the cake to cool before assembly.

Is this the one with the pound cake? If so, do you bake it? I made it at a meeting and there wasn't much to heating anything except the mint and mango sorbet sauce.

I have made the roll ups and they are a little difficult to get so they are not messy.

For me, I would only do one of these recipes. Unless you are having the guests to an interactive show where they are working on the recipes at the same time. Just my style, however. I will not do more than one recipe. Too many dirty dishes!:yuck:

baychef said:
Is this the one with the pound cake? If so, do you bake it? I made it at a meeting and there wasn't much to heating anything except the mint and mango sorbet sauce.

No, it's not. You buy a cake mix and doctor it up.

baychef said:
For me, I would only do one of these recipes. Unless you are having the guests to an interactive show where they are working on the recipes at the same time. Just my style, however. I will not do more than one recipe. Too many dirty dishes!:yuck:

I am also a one recipe kind of gal. We are not caterers!

Okay, now I'm confused.

Which dessert are you talking about Jenni?

I thought you were talking about the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple. That one calls for a frozen pound cake, thawed. It is definitely one that would be a good show demo.

I think Deb is talking about the Creamy Mojito Torte. That one calls for a yellow cake mix and needs to be cooled. I haven't made it but it does sound yummy. The recipe sounds like it cools enough by the time you do the next steps (doesn't say "cool completely") but having never made it I don't know.

I do agree - only one of the recipes as a demo - have the host do one ahead of time if you want both.

tropical torte with pineapple

I only demo one recipe. I made the troical torte today and think I will do it as a trifle instead of the torte. yummy though

Yes, I was confused--didn't read close enough. Sorry!I would also recommend using Angel Food Cake instead of Pound Cake for the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple. It tastes WAY better.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, I was confused--didn't read close enough. Sorry!

I would also recommend using Angel Food Cake instead of Pound Cake for the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple. It tastes WAY better.

Great idea! Thanks!

I haven't tried the Angel Food cake...YUMMO!! And Beth, you have to try the Creamy Mojito Torte. It looks stunning and tastes out of this world!

One more thing...(if it is not too late), Jenni, make sure your flour tortilla shells are warmed for easier handling. Otherwise they will break when you roll them and make a big mess.

I am in CA so we get hand made fresh tortilla so the cracking is not an issue her beause they are so fresh

What ingredients do I need to make Tex/Mex Rollups?

To make Tex/Mex Rollups, you will need tortillas, shredded cheese, cooked and shredded chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, and your choice of seasonings such as cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.

Can I use a different type of meat for the Tex/Mex Rollups?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked and shredded meat such as beef, pork, or even tofu. You can also omit the meat altogether for a vegetarian option.

How do I assemble the Tex/Mex Rollups?

Start by laying out a tortilla and spreading a layer of shredded cheese on top. Add a layer of the cooked and shredded chicken, followed by a layer of black beans, diced tomatoes, and diced green chilies. Sprinkle on your desired seasonings. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place it seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.

What type of pan should I use for the Mango Torte?

You can use a 9-inch springform pan or a regular cake pan for the Mango Torte. Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

What other fruits can I use in place of mango for the Torte?

You can use any type of fruit that pairs well with the creamy filling, such as strawberries, peaches, or raspberries. You can also use a combination of fruits for a colorful and flavorful twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • gailz2