• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't be the Dunce-Consultant: Tips for Remembering Guest Specials

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of consultants forgetting to remind guests to choose the Guest Special item during their order. Different methods are shared, such as highlighting the special on order forms and having the product in sight during checkout. The consultants also share tips for calling guests and reminding them about the special. One consultant also suggests having the product in front of them during checkout as a reminder and potential impulse buy for guests.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok...I'm usually so scattered brained when closing my shows with guests. There is always a flurry of things going on, and I seem to forget to check and make sure folks have chosen the Guest Special item if their order qualifies for it.

I'm closing out a show from over a week ago, and two of the ladies had qualified for the guest special but didn't select anything, and I missed it! Well, actually just one was AT the show. The other was an outside order before it. So now I have to call them.

What do you guys do to help yourself remember those? I wish P3 had a little pop-up box or flag symbol on the GUEST name- that if they qualified for the special, I'd see it then...NOT when I was getting ready to submit. But since it doesn't, what do you do? Looking for tips so I don't have to look like the dunce-consultant. :)

well, I always talk it up at the show to encourage larger orders, so I never forget it!I also keep a copy of the current guest special flyer in my bag that I use for my checkout stuff, so I put that out on the table when doing checkout.

When I'm totaling their orders at check out & see they are over 60.00 I ask them what would they like.....

Before I put my OOF in the host packets, I highlight everything I want filled out and noticed, including the section in the middle of the form where the guest special is to be written in (I don't highlight the entire section, just the line where it says Guest Special and the description). At shows I use the 3 part order form; when I receive a new supply of those I go ahead and stamp my information on all of them and I take the time to highlight the line that says Guest Special. By highlighting the forms, I am hoping that it will not only remind me, but will help the guest realize that if they spend just a couple more dollars, they get the special.

Well, how I've handled it (since I have done the same thing):

Call the Guest - if you get a machine, say "I was reviewing your order and I've got a question. Call me at xxx-xxxx"

When you talk to them, say "When I was reviewing your order before turning in the show, I found that you get a free (guest special). Your choices are x, y, z. Which would you like?"

First part get them to call you back; second shows you're looking out for your customers, and (s)he's going to get something free. Win-win!

I handle the calls the same way as Melissa. At the shows one way I try to remember is to keep a copy of the guest special in sight. It usually helps.

taterbug said:
Before I put my OOF in the host packets, I highlight everything I want filled out and noticed, including the section in the middle of the form where the guest special is to be written in (I don't highlight the entire section, just the line where it says Guest Special and the description). At shows I use the 3 part order form; when I receive a new supply of those I go ahead and stamp my information on all of them and I take the time to highlight the line that says Guest Special. By highlighting the forms, I am hoping that it will not only remind me, but will help the guest realize that if they spend just a couple more dollars, they get the special.

Great idea! And give me an excuse to use my new free highlighters!!!

Have the actual guest product sitting in front of you at checkout.

This month it's cookbooks, have one or two of them sitting next to you so you remember, and also so THEY remember. Got a tip from conference that if you put the guest special in front of you like candy in a check out aisle, it is like impulse buying as well and if that guest is at $55 or whatever, you can point out that if they spend just a little more they can get X for free. Sometimes it boosts the hosts sales.

I agree with the version of the phone call Melissa mentioned. If by some chance it is an outside order and they didn't choose and item AND you don't have a phone number (because that happens sometimes) I usually just choose the most popular item and they are happy to get it for free.

chefsteph07 said:
Have the actual guest product sitting in front of you at checkout. This month it's cookbooks, have one or two of them sitting next to you so you remember, and also so THEY remember. Got a tip from conference that if you put the guest special in front of you like candy in a check out aisle, it is like impulse buying as well and if that guest is at $55 or whatever, you can point out that if they spend just a little more they can get X for free. Sometimes it boosts the hosts sales.
Great idea! Plus, if they forgot, they can flip through what I have (I don't have all of them, but most!) and make their selection.I did also highlight the Monthly Guest Special section on the 3-ply receipts (I never noticed it before!!)
I'll figure all the little things out eventually. It seems every show, I learn one more important thing that I need to correct. I think by show #100, I should have it down pat! :D

If you had to make the Cookbook choice for them, you cannot go wrong with ALL THE BEST. I love the Wreaths section in particular. The entire book has a nice variety of recipes.

All the Best is always my personal recommendation as well.

What are some tips for remembering guest specials as a Pampered Chef consultant?

1. Create visual aids: Use images or drawings to represent each special. This will help you visualize the products and make it easier to remember them.

2. Practice, practice, practice: Repeatedly go over the specials in your head or with a colleague. The more you practice, the more likely you are to remember them.

3. Use mnemonics: Come up with a catchy phrase or acronym using the first letter of each special to help you remember them in order.

4. Group similar products together: When presenting the specials, group them by category or theme. This will make it easier for you to remember and for guests to understand.

5. Take notes: While listening to the special announcements, jot down key words or phrases that will trigger your memory later on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
prissylovescooking
Replies