• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for a Brand New Consultant?

P
pc_am1
Hi All! I just signed my consultant agreement today and I love this site already. I was just wondering if anyone had any good tips to share for a brand new consultant or things you wish someone would have told you in your first 3 months with PC.

Also, I work full time and PC will be my part time job along with being a mother of a 2 year old so just a bit of info on me plus I love in Pennsylvania.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda

I'm still in my first three months, but here are some things I've learned -

1 - don't get discouraged. Sometimes you'll send something out, like a flyer or an email, or even open house invitations, and you'll get ZERO response - even from people you swore would respond. It's ok!

2 - people can be SO unreliable. I have had people come up to me and excitedly ask me to do a show for them and then suddenly become impossible to get a hold of, or cancel at the last minute with no explanation and no reschedule date. People can also be RUDE. I've heard some of the meanest comments at some of my shows (this stuff is overpriced, these sales people are so pushy, I bought such and such product and I never use it, I hate these parties, etc)

3 - Show excitement for the products. Excitement is catching. If people see that you love a product and use it alot, chances are, they'll at least show interest in it.

Thanks!Do you have any files that you have created that you wouldn't mind sharing that say you are a new consultant.

Post or email me.

Thanks,
Amanda

Actually I used the flyer they have on Consultants Corner. It's called Great Beginnings or something like that. I saved it to it's own file and printed it on blank postcards. Then I sent them to everyone I knew and handed them out throughout my neighborhood. The response was ok, although not what I had hoped. Just remember though, that even having ONE kitchen show can lead to filling a whole month with bookings sometimes. My first kitchen show had five guests and I got three future bookings. The last kitchen show I did (this past Friday) had 15 guests and I got ZERO bookings and only 220 in sales. BIG disappointment because it was my first real show (meaning the first one I did that was outside the circle of family and friends) and I knew that there would be a lot of guests so I thought my sales would be higher. I went in there needing only 320 in sales to get my SS month 1 kit and I didnt get it. However, I do have a full calendar for october, so hopefully I'll get it for that month.

1. What are some tips for managing time as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's important to prioritize your tasks and set a schedule for yourself. Make a to-do list and focus on completing the most important tasks first. Don't be afraid to delegate or ask for help when needed. It's also important to set aside dedicated time for your PC business, whether it's a few hours a day or a set schedule each week.

2. How can I effectively balance being a consultant with my other responsibilities?

One way to balance your responsibilities is to set boundaries and stick to them. Make sure to prioritize your family and personal time, and communicate with your loved ones about your schedule as a consultant. Consider delegating tasks or hiring help for tasks that may become overwhelming.

3. What are some important things to remember when starting as a new consultant?

First and foremost, remember to believe in yourself and your abilities as a consultant. Don't be afraid to take risks and try new things. Stay organized and track your progress to see what is working and what needs improvement. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the journey!

4. How can I effectively promote my business as a new consultant?

Start by utilizing social media platforms and sharing your products and services with your friends and family. Attend local events and network with other professionals in your area. Consider hosting your own events or partnering with other businesses for cross-promotion. And always be prepared with business cards and samples to share with potential customers.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid as a new consultant?

One common mistake is trying to do too much too soon. Pace yourself and focus on building a strong foundation for your business. Another mistake is not staying organized and keeping track of your business expenses and income. This can lead to financial issues down the road. Lastly, don't forget to take care of yourself and avoid burnout. Make sure to take breaks and prioritize self-care to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Marianne Pisanko
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cs25
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tina Marie