• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Getting Bookings: What Am I Doing Wrong?

In summary, the speaker has been struggling to get bookings and has tried various methods, such as leaving catalogs with businesses and doing a $1,000 mystery host event. However, they have only had limited success and are unsure if they are doing something wrong or if their small, low-income town is the issue. Other suggestions were given, such as participating in craft fairs and asking a hairdresser to do a catalog show. The advice given was to focus on building relationships with customers and finding a contact person at each business to act as the host for future events.
Rhonda-Roo
I haven't been working as hard as I could have to get bookings so I can't complain too much. However, I seem to hit road blocks no matter what I try. Last Tuesday I went to 9 businesses & left a catalog with employees (nursing homes, beauty salon - catalog on table for clients at salon, Realtor, used furniture & misc store, doctors office plus old catalogs left for patients, a dentist & Manpower. I had a note explaining that I would be back the next Tuesday to pick up orders, etc.

When I went back this Tuesday, the nursing home, doctors office & dentist office couldn't find the catalog, but they were certain there were no orders. The others had the catalog but no-one was interested in buying anything.

Did I do something wrong? Wrong type of businesses? I'm totally confused. A few weeks ago I also tried the $1,000 mystery host. I only found 2 people interested. One didn't even get the first order & the other one was already planning to order with her tax check... which she did.

I live in a small town & the majority is low/medium income. I don't know if that is the problem or if I am going about things wrong! I won't give up. If I can only get 2 shows a month, that's better than none & I love getting the free products just for submitting 2 shows! I would like to have a few more... hopefully one day I will. ;)

I wouldn't say you've done anything wrong. Those catalogs are out there with your name on them. These things take a while. Just keep going at it. Have you tried doing craft fairs/bazaars? I hit a slump last fall and that's how I got out of it. I did as many as I could, set up my table, offered a small free gift with orders, and did a drawing for a $25 gift certificate. I have gotten a ton of shows from that (when I called with the results of my raffle I told everyone that although they didn't win my grand prize, they won my consolation prize of a free cooking show, except the person that won the gift certificate). You could also ask your hairdresser if she'd do a catalog show. She could keep it open for a month, show the catalog to her clients as she's doing their hair, and take orders. I had one hair dresser do this and it was a $900 show. Bottom line is, you're not doing anything wrong, you're working your business, it'll come around.

Quick question. I saw that you left a note, but did you specifically ask each employee if they wanted to participate & be a host? Did they understand that they'd get free product for passing the catalog around? Did you take their contact info and call them midway?

I agree, you did nothing wrong. Sometimes those work out, and sometimes they do not.

Rhonda-Roo said:
I had a note explaining that I would be back the next Tuesday to pick up orders, etc.

When I went back this Tuesday, the nursing home, doctors office & dentist office couldn't find the catalog, but they were certain there were no orders. The others had the catalog but no-one was interested in buying anything.

Pampered Chef, as well as most direct sales, really focus on the relationship building with your customers. I think this would work better for you if you took some time to chat up the receptionists or anyone at the offices. Explain the process and see if you can find a person who will accept the order forms and catalogues and agree to be the host. The person who takes the packet gets the rewards! They will then take more responsibility for the catalogues and orders. That should be your contact person for when you go back. Don't agree to pamper a business (ie bring in treats or anything special) until you've found your host.

Best of luck to you.

Dotty said:
Pampered Chef, as well as most direct sales, really focus on the relationship building with your customers. I think this would work better for you if you took some time to chat up the receptionists or anyone at the offices. Explain the process and see if you can find a person who will accept the order forms and catalogues and agree to be the host. The person who takes the packet gets the rewards! They will then take more responsibility for the catalogues and orders. That should be your contact person for when you go back. Don't agree to pamper a business (ie bring in treats or anything special) until you've found your host.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you Dotty - you saved me from typing as you said EVERYTHING I was thinking!!!

Thanks all! Dotty ~ it clicked when you said "They will then take more responsibility for the catalogues and orders. That should be your contact person for when you go back." Yeah... then I have a name! lol I don't know why I didn't do that!I've set up at a bridal shop... which was a flop. We only had 13 names in our drawing boxes. The same girl won 4 of the drawings. lol I'm trying to find every opportunity for setting up a booth to help get my name & catalogs out there.

Last edited:

1. How do I approach potential hosts to book parties?

One way to approach potential hosts is to reach out to your personal network, such as friends, family, and coworkers. You can also attend local events or join online groups related to cooking or entertaining to connect with potential hosts. Be sure to emphasize the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as earning free products and having a fun and interactive event with friends.

2. What are some strategies for overcoming objections from potential hosts?

Some common objections from potential hosts may include not having enough time or not wanting to bother their friends. To overcome these objections, be sure to highlight the convenience of hosting a party and how little effort is required on their part. You can also offer to help them with the planning and invite process, and remind them of the benefits they will receive as a host.

3. How can I make my parties more appealing to potential hosts?

One way to make your parties more appealing is to offer a variety of themes or options. For example, you can have a traditional in-home party, a virtual party, or a catalog party. You can also offer special deals or incentives for hosting a party, such as a free product or a discount on their order. Make sure to also highlight the fun and social aspect of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

4. How often should I follow up with potential hosts?

It is important to follow up with potential hosts, but you also don't want to be too pushy. A good rule of thumb is to follow up within a week of initially reaching out, and then follow up again after a few weeks if you haven't heard back. Be sure to personalize your follow-up messages and remind them of the benefits of hosting a party.

5. What should I do if I am still having trouble getting bookings?

If you are still having trouble getting bookings, it may be helpful to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice. They may have some tips or suggestions based on their own experiences. You can also try expanding your network by attending local events or reaching out to new groups online. Don't give up and keep trying different strategies until you find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef_2_Four
  • Princess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • MaggieChef13