• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Recipes Specifically Targeting Bamboo?

In summary, there is a catalog with great pictures of bamboo products that can be used for pantry items, salads, and a tropical torte that can be served on a bamboo platter.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Is there a file or does anyone have a Recipes by product document for any bamboo products? I thought having something like that along with some enticing pictures would be great to share with customers.

Salads are always great!

The catalog has amazing pictures. Just open it to that page while talking about the products. I use bamboo all the time for serving the recipes I demo.

I do pantry items in the bamboo..dip for chips , sauces over cream cheese with crackers on cracker tray and oil dipping in the small petite bowls with bread in medium square bowl.

I found this recipe in another area of this site. I have also made it, and it received rave reviews. The comments are from other people. I have only made it with sugar. It looks absolutely beautiful on the bamboo platter!This is one of my favorite recipes. . .and yes, there is a great deal of sugar. When I use sugar, I just make sure the person mixing the dressing whisks the heck out of it. I wanted you to know that I have successfully made this with Splenda and people were equally as pleased as when I've used sugar.Strawberry Spinach Salad
Dressing
1 lemon
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp poppy seedsSalad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 oz. (1 ½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ med. Cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinachFor dressing, zest lemon to measure ½ tsp zest. Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.Preheat oven to 350° F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of a small bar pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.Meanwhile, hull strawberries; cut strawberries into quarters.Score cucumber lengthwise; remove seeds. Slice cucumber; cut slices in half/ Slice onion into thin wedges.Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately

There was a Tropical Torte that is a great recipe for summer time that you can serve on the bamboo platter. It's in one of the season's bests.

Have you thought about trying to use honey instead of sugar? I would be curious to know if it is a good replacement, since I stay far, far away from Splenda.

I haven't tried anything. I was going to try Splenda, but how do you feel about Truvia? I bet the honey would be tasty and it would take care of the graininess (not sure if this is even a word) of the sugar.

I like Truvia and Agave Nectar. I appreciate all the comments. Thank you!

1. Can I use bamboo in any recipe?

Yes, bamboo can be used in a variety of recipes, including soups, stir-fries, and salads. It is a versatile ingredient that can add unique flavors and textures to your dishes.

2. How do I prepare bamboo for cooking?

To prepare bamboo for cooking, first rinse the shoots under cold water to remove any dirt or debris. Then, peel off the tough outer layers and cut the shoots into desired shapes. You can also soak them in water for a few hours to soften them before cooking.

3. Are there any health benefits to cooking with bamboo?

Yes, bamboo is a good source of fiber and contains essential minerals such as potassium and calcium. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and may help improve digestion.

4. Can I use bamboo shoots in place of other vegetables?

Yes, bamboo shoots can be used in place of other vegetables in many recipes. They have a mild, slightly sweet flavor and a crunchy texture that can enhance a variety of dishes.

5. How do I store leftover bamboo shoots?

Leftover bamboo shoots can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, but the texture may be slightly altered after thawing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • carlajanes
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • kcmckay