• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Products You Struggle to Sell?

In summary, the products that Jenny does not like are the bakers roller (small end) and the kitchen spritzer. The product that Jenny likes is the cookie press.
amya
I'm interested to know if there are any of our products that you guys don't really care for and find hard to sell. Personally, I don't really like the Baker's Roller and I have a hard time selling it at my shows. I just seem to have better luck with my standard wooden rolling pin. Maybe that's just me. Anyway, does anyone else have a product that would fit here?

Well I've tried the cut n seal a few times and just end up with a mess, I thought it would be wonderful for the kids for when they have sack lunches, but no luck, I made 3 sandwiches one night trying to flatten it or use less pb but it just didn't work, I ended up putting it on tortilla shells and rolling them up, maybe I am not doing it right, but I seem to think that it just isn't tall enough.

I do not like the kitchen spritzer!!

I need to work with the cookie press. I don't like it currently.

The cut n seal did you press the middle of the bread down and put the filling in first.

chefloriray said:
I do not like the kitchen spritzer!!

I'm with you on the spritzer. It clogs despite keeping the lid on.

Well...I like the Kitchen Spritzer. So far I haven't had a clogging issue. However; I do not like the Cookie Press. I've had two now and both are hard to use. The only shape that really works is the Christmas Tree. Sold quite a few though, and I do tell my customers about my bad experiences with products. I tell them that 98% of everything in our catalog is AWESOME!!! But that 2% just doesn't reach the same level of quality, for me. They appreciate my honesty and candor.

I also dislike the Cut N Seal. Doesn't really seal. Our pastry blender is not very sturdy either. The first time I used the blades warped so badly I ended up just using a fork.

Other than that, no real complaints! ;)

Kitchen SpritzerThe way to get the Kitchen Spritzer not to clog is when you are done using it just let the pressure out by unscrewing the lid, then tightening it back up, then it should work perfect for you, I havent really found i tool i dont like yet.

still clogs
Jennie4PC said:
The way to get the Kitchen Spritzer not to clog is when you are done using it just let the pressure out by unscrewing the lid, then tightening it back up, then it should work perfect for you, I havent really found i tool i dont like yet.
Hi Jenny,
I have tried what you said (let the pressure back out when done using it and mine still clogs! Any other suggestions?
Candy McIntyre
Maine Consultant

I would have to say that I do not care for the cookie press either. The 2 times I used it I was very frustrated. I also had a really hard time with the cheese grater until I read on here to microwave the cheese for 10 seconds (sharp cheese). But still, the idea you have to mic something before you use the product does not make much sense. I usually just recommend it for harder cheeses, nuts and chocolate. I think that is really it.
Laura Anglea
:D

Re: Cut N SealI absolutely love this product... sorry you've had trouble with it. My kids won't eat PB&J without it. Have you tried this? On the bottom slice, make a little indentation with the heel of your hand to make a little "well" (doesn't have to be much or tear the bread).

Then put the PB&J only in that middle section (not out to the edges like you would when making a sandwich) and the top slice with a little more peanut butter (or jelly, however you like yours) and then press the seal down followed by putting down the plunger. I have never had a mess this way..

Hope it works for you b/c I really love it!

Re: Chef Kearns: Re: not sealing... are you putting too much stuff in the middle??? I haven't had a "sealing" problem! BTW - Love ya!!

Last edited:
amya said:
I'm interested to know if there are any of our products that you guys don't really care for and find hard to sell. Personally, I don't really like the Baker's Roller and I have a hard time selling it at my shows. I just seem to have better luck with my standard wooden rolling pin. Maybe that's just me. Anyway, does anyone else have a product that would fit here?

The bakers roller (small end) is great for crusts that need to be pressed into a pan (like cheesecake). You can't do that with the old rolling pins! ;)

The mini fluted cake pan. It's not that I dislike it really, but it is SO hard to clean! And I honestly don't like the egg slicer much. My first one broke when I tried slicing kiwi in it. So I don't use my new one except when necessary at a show! Otherwise I love everything I have!

Brooke

I am with you on cleaning the mini fluted pan. I love to use it, but what a pain in the neck to get all those little spaces clean.

I had my first kitchen spritzer for about 5 years.... I just got a new one because it wasn't spraying well. Perhaps it is the kind of oil you folks are using?

I'm not such a fan of the adj. measuring set...the smaller spoon doesn't fit into even the PC spices!

I'm not too crazy about the cut-n-seal either. I bought one a long time ago (way before I was a PC consultant) and I ended up just throwing it away. I had it, used it a few times and every time it didn't work. So I bought one recently thinking maybe I had a dud, and I still end up with the same result - no seal and a bigger mess to clean up.

I agree, the cheese grater is annoying for the softer cheeses. My husband hates the cheese grater. He says he'd rather me buy the shredded cheese - "you know the kind with the woodchips in it" - I told him the cellulose story :rolleyes: ! haha! And after listening to him deal with the cheese grater, I broke down and have bought shredded cheese! ;)

I have mixed emotions about my egg slicer too. It works really well for eggs and olives and bananas, but when I try strawberrys and kiwis its a struggle. I love my cheese grater. I rarely have my cheese clump and I don't even microwave my cheese. If it does start clumping I just get the knife I cut the block of cheese with and use it to get the cheese out. Maybe I just got a good grater.

I don't have the mini fluted pan yet but I do have the large one. I normally, after taking the cake out of it, fill it up with water and let it sit for awhile. This softens whatever is left in it and I can normally spray the rest of it out. I also do this to my other stones if food is a little stuck to them.

i dont have any other suggestions about the kitchen spritzer, but i was talking to my mom and she works with a lady that used the toaster bags and she was very dissapointed she felt that if she wasnt home it could have burnt her house down she said it got very smokey, so she just threw them away

Jennie4PC said:
i dont have any other suggestions about the kitchen spritzer, but i was talking to my mom and she works with a lady that used the toaster bags and she was very dissapointed she felt that if she wasnt home it could have burnt her house down she said it got very smokey, so she just threw them away
I haven't tried the toaster bags, but I'm thinking...waste of money?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I'd rather clean out the crumb tray every few weeks for free...

I have heard that some people have had problems with them smoking. But I never have! I don't use mine every day, but I do use them somewhat often and they've worked fine. I eat turkey sandwiches a lot and I get really sick of them. Being able to toast them up or do a hot ham and cheese makes it a little different for me. It is pretty cool how bread comes out looking toasted with the little lines and everything and it happens right through the bag. I've heard you can reheat a piece of pizza up this way, too, although I've never tried that.

I can't say I've sold too many of them, but I guess I also don't talk about them too much.

PamperYourKitchen said:
I haven't tried the toaster bags, but I'm thinking...waste of money?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I'd rather clean out the crumb tray every few weeks for free...

I like the toaster bags. The kids can make their own grilled cheese sandwiches without my help. I can make a large omelet, cut it into 1/4ths and heat them up in the morning for breakfast.

Cut N SealI was also very dissapointed in the cut n seal :( . My daughter is always wanting me to buy the frozen PB & J sandwiches, and thought I would save some $ by purchasing the cut n seal. I think it would work out better if the edges were a little sharper to actually cut the bread.

Are you all rolling the center of the bread before you try to cut it? That helps. It took me a while to get used to it.

adjustable scoopI don't really like the adj. scoop- all the liquid goes to the back- and I have the new one!! I also dislike the cookie press. I never use it- ever!!!!!

nbittermann said:
I don't really like the adj. scoop- all the liquid goes to the back- and I have the new one!! I also dislike the cookie press. I never use it- ever!!!!!
I just use the Measure-All Cup for any liquids. I just use the Adjustable Scoop for dry ingredients. And even then, I still don't seem to use it very often for some reason.

Cake Stencil SetI love most of the products (I've never had a problem with the cut-n-seal, I just make sure I cut before I seal, and I love my cookie press - I use the cake mix recipe and get great results). I don't like the cake stencil set. The stencil ALWAYS sticks to the frosting, even if I've let the frosting set. And, if I let it set too long, the sprinkles (or whatever I'm using) don't stick. :eek:

OMG I feel so stupid :eek: , I have never cut before I sealed. Now it all makes more sense. You have to cut it with the outside ring and then seal it with the inside ring. I feel sooooo stupid.

Thanks for the laugh, DebbieSorry, I had to laugh when I read your post, with you, of course, not at you. I get so many people at shows that do the same thing. Just remember the name - it's not Seal-n-Cut ;)

Diane

1. What if I don't like a product I purchased from Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we stand by the quality and satisfaction of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with a product, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You can return the product within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.

2. Can I return a product if I have used it?

Yes, our satisfaction guarantee applies to all products, even if they have been used. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase and will gladly accept returns, no questions asked.

3. What if I received a damaged or defective product?

In the rare case that you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to provide a replacement or refund, and will cover any return shipping costs.

4. Can I exchange a product for a different one?

Yes, we offer exchanges for any product that you are not completely satisfied with. Simply contact our customer service team and they will assist you with the exchange process.

5. Do I need to provide a reason for returning a product?

No, you do not need to provide a reason for returning a product. We understand that everyone's needs and preferences are different, and we want you to be completely happy with your purchase from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • kcmckay