• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Other Homeschooling Moms Doing Pampered Chef?

I homeschooled my kids and they're now 11 and 7. When they were younger, I was able to do PC work around their school schedule, but now that they're older, I'm more able to dedicate more time to PC.
teresah551393
Please forgive me, i really don't know which category this goes under. I am looking for other homeschool moms who are making PC work with all the responsibility homeschooling contains. I am homeschooling 3kids, ages 9, 6, 5. I am also trying to run my PC business. I find such conflict with my time. I struggle to stay on track with PC when I am concentrating on homeschool, and then i struggle to stay on track with homeschool when I give PC a little more effort. I want to have a successful biz but cannot/ will not let school suffer. Just wonder how other hs moms handle things. I am not looking for full time career in PC, just the money I need to keep the kids in their extra curric. activites, that's my "why". If you are a homeschooling mom and successful at PC, I would love to hear from you!

teresah551393 said:
Please forgive me, i really don't know which category this goes under. I am looking for other homeschool moms who are making PC work with all the responsibility homeschooling contains. I am homeschooling 3kids, ages 9, 6, 5. I am also trying to run my PC business. I find such conflict with my time. I struggle to stay on track with PC when I am concentrating on homeschool, and then i struggle to stay on track with homeschool when I give PC a little more effort. I want to have a successful biz but cannot/ will not let school suffer. Just wonder how other hs moms handle things. I am not looking for full time career in PC, just the money I need to keep the kids in their extra curric. activites, that's my "why". If you are a homeschooling mom and successful at PC, I would love to hear from you!
ChefRuthie homeschools, and she is a director w/ PC....but she isn't on here much, so you might want to PM her to ask her some questions.here is a link to her profle:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/members/chefruthie/

Thanks, I will

Well, I am a homeschooling mom of 2 boys (5 and 8), but I can't honestly say my PC business is "successful". I'm active and still going, but not doing alot of shows yet....so I guess it depends on what you mean by successful. :DI try to do school in the morning, before I even let myself boot up my computer. We're doing first grade, so the work isn't terribly time-consuming - a couple of hours (they are both at the same grade level, so that helps!).

I'm not a mom but I homeschool my nephew (1st grade), my neice (pre-k), and my other neice is just here with me all day (she's 3). Homeschooling doesn't effect my PC business. We are on a schedule every minute of the day from Bible in the morning to snacks, quiet time, and each lesson. I'm able to do any PC work for the day when they are having quiet time or while they're eating lunch/snacks. Our 'school' day is usually 8:30 - 3:30 depending when my sister drops them off. Because 'school' is at 'Aunt Tara's house" I needed to make it more structured so they wouldn't think they are coming to my house for play like any other time. We don't go off to run errands or anything like that. I wait until after school to do those things. When I need to meet with hosts/customers for anything it's always in the late afternoons. I find I have plenty of time for calls and customer care during the day but if I didn't I can always do it in the evening.

It's different for me b/c I don't have them here at night and I can get a lot done then. But for the moms who do - I would make a homeschool schedule and do your best to stick to it. The key is to be consistent. Make sure snack or lunch or quiet time or whatever is they same time everyday so they get used to you being on the phone or in the office or whatever you need to do with PC at that time. Consistentcy teaches a lot of things over time and will help shape their behavior. This is just one person's opinion - hope it helps!

I homeschool my two- 11 and 7. Still working on the balance. At this point, I am content with PC comng second.

loreo said:
I homeschool my two- 11 and 7. Still working on the balance. At this point, I am content with PC comng second.

me too except my kids are younger :)

PC is definately second for me. I have decided that PC never begins before 2PM, no matter the issue. The answering machine will be my secretary. Also, no PC on Sunday anymore. I would be content to have 4-6 shows per month, just don't want to get overwhelmed again! Thanks for the interesting feedback.

Attempting to homeschool here! I say attempting as it's our first year, 8 yr old, 5 yr old, and 3 yr old. I have a hard time w/ the balance and shutting my PC to do list off in my mind! Any advice would be wonderful! I am not trying to become a big name in this business, just make enough to help us out while my husband is in school (oh and hopefully take the kids to Disney!). Those months with a nice paycheck seem to coincide with the months where things seem to fall apart around home. I would love tips on keeping it all together :)

I am homeschooling preschool this year and will be doing Pre-K and Kindergarten in the fall.

off topic of pc could you pm me with recommendations for curriculum? I am starting homeschooling in the fall for a pre 3 and a pre 4. thanks :)

I like this topic of discussion, but realize it may be off topic too. Don't want to bother anyone, but if anyone wants to continue feel free to email me
5higginsATbellsouthDOTnet Homeschooling is something I am passionate about, it is also the biggest WHY I do PC. I need to try to earn the money needed for all the extra activities the kids are in. Love bouncing ideas!

teresah551393 said:
I like this topic of discussion, but realize it may be off topic too. Don't want to bother anyone, but if anyone wants to continue feel free to email me
5higginsATbellsouthDOTnet Homeschooling is something I am passionate about, it is also the biggest WHY I do PC. I need to try to earn the money needed for all the extra activities the kids are in. Love bouncing ideas!
Usually, when something is off-topic, we just take it to the Chef's Lounge.;)

Ditto what Tara said, that is great advice. We have been homeschooling for 11yrs now and structure will be your best friend. With planning you will always accomplish so much more. Commit to doing school first thing to get it out of the way. Running errrands always "ate" our day up, and we might as well kissed it goodbye. Staying home sounds simple enough, but it will take self control, since there will always be something to lure you away.

MOTH -Managers of Their Home is a great tool to help you make the most of your time, both for school and Pampered Chef. Check it out: Official Titus2.com: homeschool information by Steve and Teri Maxwell

Hope this helps.
Jennifer

1. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant for homeschooling moms?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work from home, making it an ideal opportunity for homeschooling moms. You can also earn extra income and receive discounts on high-quality kitchen products.

2. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with homeschooling my children?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and training to help you successfully balance your business and homeschooling commitments. You can also set specific work hours and involve your children in your business to make it a fun and educational experience.

3. Are there any special incentives for homeschooling moms who join Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a special starter kit for homeschooling moms at a discounted price. You can also receive additional rewards and bonuses for reaching certain sales goals and recruiting new consultants.

4. Can I host Pampered Chef parties with other homeschooling families?

Absolutely! Hosting Pampered Chef parties with other homeschooling families is a great way to earn additional income and share your love for cooking and quality kitchen products with others.

5. How can I use Pampered Chef in my homeschooling curriculum?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking tools and educational resources that can be incorporated into your homeschooling curriculum. You can use these products to teach your children important cooking skills and nutrition lessons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
LarissaRed123
Replies
Views
kristina16marie