• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the 16 oz Pound Cake the Perfect Addition to Your Easter Dinner?

I've used ladyfingers (those that are sponge cake based, not cookies) and pound cake. Both hold up fine.This is a delicious recipe, but very sweet.I made it with the cookie version of ladyfingers (couldn't find the cake version or pound cake here in Canada), and they were perfect... I made it a few hours in advance, and the ladyfinger cookies had softened up very nicely. Leftovers the next day still tasted amazing... The cinnamon in this recipe is awesome, and goes well with the coconut flavors.Okay, now I want to make it. Where do I find it?
DebPC
Staff member
I'm thinking of making it for Easter dinner and would like a review if possible. Thanks!

I made it last sat for a tastefully simple party i had. Everyone loved it. Pretty easy to make. I'm making it again tomorrow for easter but i'm cutting down alittle bit on the cinnamon i also use the 16oz poundcake
(sara lee) instead of the lady fingers

DEBBI said:
I made it last sat for a tastefully simple party i had. Everyone loved it. Pretty easy to make. I'm making it again tomorrow for easter but i'm cutting down alittle bit on the cinnamon i also use the 16oz poundcake

When my Director made this for our cluster meeting she said the lady fingers all but dissloved when mixed with the liquid (prior to layering it). It was still yummy, but when I make this, I, too, am going to opt to use the pound cake (probably a little cheaper, too).

About a month ago we made it in advance and served it the next day. I used the "trimmed" frozen Sara Lee pound cake and frozen unsweetened strawberries that I sliced up. It held up nicely and was fabulous. I didn't think I would like the cinnamon in it but it was a necessary ingredient. If it weren't a bit expensive to make I would take it everywhere with me. Do make it for Easter!​

It's been a big success among my customers and hosts. Most of the hosts kept the leftovers--always a good sign. I recently made it without the cinnamon because the host and her mom are both allergic. It was still good.I use the pound cake. I also use unsweetened, frozen, sliced strawberries that I buy at Sam's Club. At the grocery I can only find unsweetened, frozen, whole strawberries. These don't slice well, so I recently simply chopped them a bit with the Food Chopper. Worked great.

I made this for a fundraiser I had at the beginning of March. Everyone loved it. I was able to bring home the leftover's and my kids enhaled it. So did my DH who doesn't like coconut.

I made it with the pound cake because I couldn't find lady fingers.

I made it, it was delicious!

I too would use pound cake next time. The lady fingers fall apart when mixed.

I made it with the ladyfingers and it was AWESOME!! I'm making it again tomorrow with no edits. I like it just the way the recipe reads. If I ever did want to change the cake I would probably use Angel Food cake instead of pound cake to keep the lightness of the cake part.

DEBBI said:
i also use the 16oz poundcake

Good to hear - I was thinking about doing the same. We made it at our last cluster meeting with the ladyfingers - I didn't think they held up very well in the liquid mixture - and we ate it pretty much right after making it. I think they would get way too soggy if you refrigerated it for awhile after making. Also, I'm thinking the poundcake will be much less expensive - we have a Brownberry/Entemann's outlet in town - I can probably get the poundcake for $1.75, versus 3 packages of lady fingers at $3.50 "a pop"!

To the OP - I thought it was great - pretty rich with the coconut milk, but a very unique, good taste - the coconut milk & cinnamon give it a very unexpected flavor - tasty!

I've done it twice. I used the pound cake... can't really find lady fingers close by.
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm making this on Sunday, from the first time I watched it, I thought the Lady Fingers would not hold up. So I will be using the pound cake....:D

I've used lady fingers (those that are sponge cake based, not cookies) and pound cake. Both hold up fine.

This is a delicious recipe, but very sweet.

I made it with the cookie version of ladyfingers (couldn't find the cake version or pound cake here in Canada), and they were perfect... I made it a few hours in advance, and the ladyfinger cookies had softened up very nicely. Leftovers the next day still tasted amazing... The cinnamon in this recipe is awesome, and goes well with the coconut flavors.

Okay, now I want to make it. Where do I find it? I've been out of the recipe/demo loop for awhile now.

it's in the current season's best, so you'll find it behind CC.

I too have made it and when I use the crunchy (not soft) ladyfingers they did not fall apart and it was yummy.

krahema said:
Good to hear - I was thinking about doing the same. We made it at our last cluster meeting with the ladyfingers - I didn't think they held up very well in the liquid mixture - and we ate it pretty much right after making it. I think they would get way too soggy if you refrigerated it for awhile after making. Also, I'm thinking the poundcake will be much less expensive - we have a Brownberry/Entemann's outlet in town - I can probably get the poundcake for $1.75, versus 3 packages of lady fingers at $3.50 "a pop"!

To the OP - I thought it was great - pretty rich with the coconut milk, but a very unique, good taste - the coconut milk & cinnamon give it a very unexpected flavor - tasty!

I wish I could get a pound cake for $1.75! They are almost $6 each here. I was happy when they were on sale 2 for $8. Oh well, the price to pay living in Alaska. Anyway, it was so yummy that I am making it for Easter. And it was much better the next day.

Someone brought it to our last cluster meeting. I must be the only oddball. :D I didn't really care for it. The ladyfingers had turned to mush, so it was just super sweet mush with strawberries. It was a texture thing for me. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I love cinnamon, but I didn't really care for it in this. Maybe it was just too much? I would probably make it with pound cake or try those cookie things others mentioned.

don't cut the lady fingers too small, only cut them in half. You can also substitute pound cake in there recipe, I usually make my own pound cake, just buy the box mix, much cheaper than buying a pre-made one.

We made this for a show last weekend and used angel food cake instead. It was good and the cake held up well. I will make it again and use the angel food cake as well.

I made it with pound cake and it was a little mushy, but I did not have the correct amount of sour cream, so the liqud part was probably a little thinner. THe taste was fabulous. MY husband and kids could not get enough of it. I loved it as well. I do WW and really watch what I eat, so it took a lot of self control to stay out of it! LOL!

I am going to be making it as an extra for a show next week.

mmmmmmmm
use 2 lbs of strawberries though
and i love the ladyfingers in it!

Oh, yeah, I use extra strawberries, too.

I LOVE all these reviews. It is just what I was looking for on Easter morning, as I, too, want to make it for Easter Dinner. I'm HOPPING off to the store right now. Happy Easter to all!!

Okay, I made this today and it was pretty liquidy, especially the part with the pound cake. THEN, I looked back at the recipe, knowing you all said it would be fine with the pound cake, and realized the frozen pound cakes they sell in my local store (without going 1/2 hour to the next one) are only 10 ounces vs. the 16 ounce ones the recipe says you can substitute for the lady fingers. I almost doubled the strawberries, and only 3/4 tsp. of cinnamon. Other than not enough cake, this was FABULOUS!! I can't wait to try it again with more cake!

Yes, the 16 oz pound cake (at least with Sara Lee) is the "Family Size"

1. What are some traditional Easter dishes that I can make for dinner?

Some traditional Easter dishes that you can make for dinner include roasted lamb, glazed ham, deviled eggs, hot cross buns, and scalloped potatoes.

2. How can I make my Easter dinner more special?

You can make your Easter dinner more special by adding personal touches, such as decorating the table with Easter-themed linens and centerpieces, incorporating spring vegetables into your dishes, and making homemade desserts.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make Easter dinner?

Yes, you can use your Pampered Chef products to make Easter dinner. Our products, such as the stoneware collection and the Quick Cooker, are perfect for cooking your Easter dishes to perfection.

4. What are some easy and delicious Easter side dishes?

Some easy and delicious Easter side dishes include honey glazed carrots, roasted asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, and a spring salad with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette.

5. How can I make sure my Easter dinner is a success?

To ensure a successful Easter dinner, plan and prepare ahead of time, use fresh and quality ingredients, and don't be afraid to try new recipes. Also, make sure to have all the necessary kitchen tools and equipment, such as knives and baking pans, ready to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCLaurel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikkies
  • unlimitedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChef05
Replies