• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting HP Laptop Adapter Beeping

In summary, the HP laptop was not charging and started beeping. It seems that the adapter may be the problem.
cewcooks
I have an HP laptop that is less than a yr old and my problem is the adapter, when I plugged it in this am, it would not charge my laptop and it started beeping.

What does this mean?

Had one, it was a piece of crap - had problems with it, until it finally died completely. Now I have a Mac!:D

Sorry - can't help you with your problem, but I'm not surprised you are having issues.:(

I have two hp very lucky no problems. I think it is your adapter.

it's either the adapter or it's the port the adapter plugs into. You should have a 1 year warranty with hp even if you didn't purchase an extended warranty with the store you bought it from. Call HP and see what they'll do for you.

With my old one it was the port and if I wiggled the adapter cord where it plugged into the laptop it eventually started charging.

I have an HP, this one for about a year now and LOVE it. Not sure what the problem is though, never had that happen.

ChefBeckyD said:
Had one, it was a piece of crap - had problems with it, until it finally died completely.
Sorry - can't help you with your problem, but I'm not surprised you are having issues.:(

Right there with you Becky! :grumpy:

My mom had an HP w/ that problem. Once it happens once, it's probably a gonner. She had the port replaced several times, as well as the power cord, and finally gave up.

Got got one, hope I don't have that problem. I am looking forward to taking it to a fair this week and my shows this month.

I think laptops have problems with their adaptors across the board. My family's had the same problem with multiple Toshibas and I have a Dell that other than the adaptor has never had a problem in the 3 years I've had it! The Toshiba were pretty much as loss as it was the adaptor port getting lose (in certain positions it would work but it didn't really "snap" into the port). With my Dell, it was the adaptor itself and still under warranty so they just sent me another one. It's been acting up off and on (sometimes it won't charge when it's plugged in but it always recognizes the adaptor). Do you know someone else with the same kind of adaptor that you could try and see if it's the port or the adaptor?

mrshamel3808 said:
I think laptops have problems with their adaptors across the board. My family's had the same problem with multiple Toshibas and I have a Dell that other than the adaptor has never had a problem in the 3 years I've had it! The Toshiba were pretty much as loss as it was the adaptor port getting lose (in certain positions it would work but it didn't really "snap" into the port). With my Dell, it was the adaptor itself and still under warranty so they just sent me another one. It's been acting up off and on (sometimes it won't charge when it's plugged in but it always recognizes the adaptor). Do you know someone else with the same kind of adaptor that you could try and see if it's the port or the adaptor?

The problem with Toshiba laptops (and, from a quick Google search, lots of other laptops) re: the adapter port is a bad solder joint where the port connects to the motherboard. It is fixable, if you (or someone you know) is willing to pull the computer apart and resolder the part.

Yeah, my older Toshiba had the problem, and I finally handed it over to my husband last week (after going thru more and more effort to get the darn thing to take a charge over the past several months). It is back to working well now, and charges up much faster than it did over the last year or so :)

Aha! There you go! My hubby's a computer consultant (that's what he calls himself, I call him the "everything computer guy") and he always had us send it back to Toshiba since pulling apart a laptop is alot trickier than taking apart a desktop. I don't think that's the deal with mine not always charging, it did some other stuff that makes me think that.

1. Can I use my HP laptop for Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can definitely use your HP laptop for Pampered Chef business. Our website and software are compatible with most laptops, including HP.

2. Will I need any special software or programs on my HP laptop?

No, you will not need any special software or programs. Our website and software are accessible through any web browser, which is already installed on your HP laptop.

3. Is there a specific model of HP laptop that is recommended for Pampered Chef consultants?

While there is not a specific model that is recommended, we suggest choosing a laptop with a faster processor and more storage space to ensure smooth and efficient use of our software.

4. Can I access my Pampered Chef account from multiple HP laptops?

Yes, you can access your Pampered Chef account from any device with an internet connection. This includes multiple HP laptops, as well as other devices such as phones or tablets.

5. What do I do if I encounter technical issues with my HP laptop while using Pampered Chef software?

If you experience technical issues while using our software on your HP laptop, please reach out to our technical support team for assistance. They can help troubleshoot any problems and ensure that you are able to use our software effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies