1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Any one have a hp laptop

1. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

I have an HP laptop that is less than a yr old and my problem is the adapter, when I plugged it in this am, it would not charge my laptop and it started beeping.

What does this mean?

Jul 5, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Had one, it was a piece of crap - had problems with it, until it finally died completely. Now I have a Mac!:D

Sorry - can't help you with your problem, but I'm not surprised you are having issues.:(

Jul 5, 2009
  3. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

I have two hp very lucky no problems. I think it is your adapter.

Jul 5, 2009
  4. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

it's either the adapter or it's the port the adapter plugs into. You should have a 1 year warranty with hp even if you didn't purchase an extended warranty with the store you bought it from. Call HP and see what they'll do for you.

With my old one it was the port and if I wiggled the adapter cord where it plugged into the laptop it eventually started charging.

Jul 5, 2009
  5. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I have an HP, this one for about a year now and LOVE it. Not sure what the problem is though, never had that happen.

Jul 5, 2009
  6. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Right there with you Becky! :grumpy:

Jul 5, 2009
  7. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

My mom had an HP w/ that problem. Once it happens once, it's probably a gonner. She had the port replaced several times, as well as the power cord, and finally gave up.

Jul 5, 2009
  8. aried

aried Advanced Member Gold Member

Got got one, hope I don't have that problem. I am looking forward to taking it to a fair this week and my shows this month.

Jul 5, 2009
  9. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I think laptops have problems with their adaptors across the board. My family's had the same problem with multiple Toshibas and I have a Dell that other than the adaptor has never had a problem in the 3 years I've had it! The Toshiba were pretty much as loss as it was the adaptor port getting lose (in certain positions it would work but it didn't really "snap" into the port). With my Dell, it was the adaptor itself and still under warranty so they just sent me another one. It's been acting up off and on (sometimes it won't charge when it's plugged in but it always recognizes the adaptor). Do you know someone else with the same kind of adaptor that you could try and see if it's the port or the adaptor?

Jul 5, 2009
  10. SpiritdancerIA

SpiritdancerIA Member Gold Member

The problem with Toshiba laptops (and, from a quick Google search, lots of other laptops) re: the adapter port is a bad solder joint where the port connects to the motherboard. It is fixable, if you (or someone you know) is willing to pull the computer apart and resolder the part.

Yeah, my older Toshiba had the problem, and I finally handed it over to my husband last week (after going thru more and more effort to get the darn thing to take a charge over the past several months). It is back to working well now, and charges up much faster than it did over the last year or so :)

11. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Aha! There you go! My hubby's a computer consultant (that's what he calls himself, I call him the "everything computer guy") and he always had us send it back to Toshiba since pulling apart a laptop is alot trickier than taking apart a desktop. I don't think that's the deal with mine not always charging, it did some other stuff that makes me think that.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted