• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any One Gotten the Picnic Basket Yet?

In summary, the picnic basket seems to be taking a long time to ship, and some hosts are having trouble closing shows in a timely manner.
vanscootin
Gold Member
Morning! I feel better today after my rant yesterday... :)

Has anyone gotten the picnic basket yet? I earned mine back on the second and nothing so far.

I'm also waiting.....

I earned mine on the first and still nothing. I worked really hard to get this one so early and for what I don't know, cause it is seeming to take WAY LONG to get it and I really REALLY wanted this one. :D

Glad I'm not the only one. It says ships as earned... I wonder what the hold up is. I'm super excited for this one!

I earned mine yesterday. I can't wait to get it.

I hope we don't end up with a "sling situation" like in January where they run out. I need to get my 2 shows in ASAP!

At least it's not an item that you are hoping to display for sale. The FD apron took forever to get here and now that it's here, I didn't have any shows to show it off at yet.

Since it's not available to customers or hosts, I think it's a "mean tease" to carry around. :) But I really want one. I need one more show, and with Father's Day coming up- I think I can get it just from family getting gifts.

My NED has hers & said that the DCB fits in it! :D

Bobby, take it to a picnic & encourage someone to sign & submit 2 shows by the end of the month so they can earn it too! :D

Sheila said:

Gee, thanks Sheila... now I'm going to be sitting by the mailbox waiting! LOL!

I'm so excited for it! I must say that when I first started PC I never got excited about an earning an incentive... but now I'm obsessed and HAVE to earn them!

Some levels of execs (maybe all - I don't know) had them in April. I don't know of anyone who has their earned ones yet. I can't wait either.

I submitted my second show yesterday and I CANNOT WAIT to get mine so I can take my family on a picnic! :)

Teresa LM said:
At least it's not an item that you are hoping to display for sale. The FD apron took forever to get here and now that it's here, I didn't have any shows to show it off at yet.

My apron came really quick!

vanscootin said:
Gee, thanks Sheila... now I'm going to be sitting by the mailbox waiting! LOL!

I'm so excited for it! I must say that when I first started PC I never got excited about an earning an incentive... but now I'm obsessed and HAVE to earn them!

Yes, she's a NED, so that may be why she already has one. ;)

Got an email today saying baskets will ship the week of May 23rd so looks like we will get them the end of the month. Thankful to get the bonus but wish they hadn't said they would ship as you earn it. Glad they sent the email so I can stop stalking the mail man.

Got an email today saying baskets will ship the week of May 23rd so looks like we will get them the end of the month. Thankful to get the bonus but wish they hadn't said they would ship as you earn it. Glad they sent the email so I can stop stalking the mail man.

They probably didn't anticipate how many people would earn them as fast as they probably did. It's FREE! Be glad they are giving them away and making it so EASY to get- without all of the hoops to jump through (like doing shows 1st-15th of the month). :) I just want to earn it.

I also received an email saying it would ship May 23rd.

I am curious. How are you able to submit 2 shows to earn the bonus on the 1 or 2nd of the month? I have hosts that take days to close. And, how do you work the host specials?

Technically it's not free... you do get 1099'd for all the bonuses and incentives you earn. I was talking to a friend who is a financial planner and he burst my happy bubble on our earned incentives. But I don't care what he has to say.... love our incentives... even though it's coming at the end of the month! Our weather here has been too crappy for an out door picnic anyways!

I always have a collection of orders that are able to go in at the beginning of the month.

You can also have Catalog shows ready to close in the begining of tthe month / I I am hading out a catalog packet for and it is the last week of the month I will make it for the following month and colect it in 2 weeks

vanscootin - most of the things we earn are tax write-offs. So yes, while they do show up on our 1099s, we can also write them off, thereby making them, once again, free!

If I hold a party at the end of the month, I give the host the option of which specials they want. So, If the parth is on the 25th and they like the next month's special better than this month's, I wait until the first to submit it.

mountainmama74 said:
vanscootin - most of the things we earn are tax write-offs. So yes, while they do show up on our 1099s, we can also write them off, thereby making them, once again, free!

How can you make it a tax write off? I think I may need a new CPA if that's the case.

vanscootin said:
Technically it's not free... you do get 1099'd for all the bonuses and incentives you earn. I was talking to a friend who is a financial planner and he burst my happy bubble on our earned incentives. But I don't care what he has to say.... love our incentives... even though it's coming at the end of the month! Our weather here has been too crappy for an out door picnic anyways!

I always have a collection of orders that are able to go in at the beginning of the month.

But you can write them all off!

vanscootin said:
How can you make it a tax write off? I think I may need a new CPA if that's the case.

You have to "claim" them, but then you turn around and "claim" it as supplies, so technically, you are coming out even. I didnt learn that until about 3 yrs into my business...:rolleyes:

Itjane, just a heads-up--if you're talking about cooking shows, that's a violation of policy. The date of a cooking show must be the date it's held. Catalog shows have leeway because there's not a specific date on which it's held. And, there are people from the home office who frequent this site.

How do you handle the guest specials if you submit it in a different month anyway?

vanscootin said:

Most of the things we earn are things we use for our business. Even logowear, blankets, coolers, chairs - all are advertising materials. The product is a business supply. So yes, you do have to claim it as income...but then you take it back out when you're filing your expenses!

vanscootin said:

In P3, I enter in the value that gets assigned to the incentives (it was on the back side of the 1099 or whatever it's called that PC sends to us around tax time) as an expense. Then it comes up in the income/expense report.

raebates said:
Itjane, just a heads-up--if you're talking about cooking shows, that's a violation of policy. The date of a cooking show must be the date it's held. Catalog shows have leeway because there's not a specific date on which it's held. And, there are people from the home office who frequent this site.

Rae, I always thought that too but just last year Jean Jonas herself said that we could date a show held at the end of a month with the following month to take advantage of incentives. That way we aren't so stressed about getting that end of month show in just a day or so after it's held.

BethCooks4U said:
Rae, I always thought that too but just last year Jean Jonas herself said that we could date a show held at the end of a month with the following month to take advantage of incentives. That way we aren't so stressed about getting that end of month show in just a day or so after it's held.

Yep - I remember that. BUT I think it might have been on a Director's Call, so not everyone is probably aware of that. I'm trying to remember the context in which it was said, but she definitely said to let hosts with parties the last few days of the month choose which month they wanted to date their show. I think she might have been talking about trying to not have the glut of shows closing the last day of the month.

I am offering all of my shows from the last week of May the option of a June show. Because of Memorial Day weekend, it will make it harder for them and for me to work on closing shows. Plus, since I have only 2 weeks in June to hold parties (because of vacation) it gives me the opportunity to have a little more time for Sellathon. The biggest factor here is being up front and honest with your hosts when giving them the option.

Are we going to be able to submit shows on Memorial Day, by the way?

Teresa LM said:
Are we going to be able to submit shows on Memorial Day, by the way?

You can submit shows any day....

Beth & Becky - Jean has said it (dating end of month show for the following month) in general conversation, not just a director's call. Maybe it was at Conference last year?

Thank you, Becky.

mountainmama74 said:

Alas, that isn't the case, according to my accountant. You can't write off something that you didn't pay for. Even though they show up as "income" on our 1099's, and we pay taxes on it, we didn't actually buy it. I was not happy to hear that.

Thanks Beth, Becky, and Becca. I must have missed that. Good to know.

Waiting same email will be shpped on May 23rd

Sheila said:

Makes me wonder if it will be a new product in the F/W catalog - only in a different color. That would be nice for customers who already have the DCB and no way to transport it :) - and for those of us who so far have been unable to earn it :cry:

How would you date a show in a different month than it is held and still get the guests the guest special if the qualify? I would think you would have to offer the same month hostess special and guest special.

DebinCincy said:
How would you date a show in a different month than it is held and still get the guests the guest special if the qualify? I would think you would have to offer the same month hostess special and guest special.

If I have a party on the 25th of the month. I give the host the option of which specials to present. If she chooses the following month, I will let everyone know that the party will be submitted on the 1st. I date the party for the first and use the new month specials. In reality, you DID do a cooking show, and it could have been rescheduled. I've had it happen in the past where the host wanted the next month, but scheduling forced her to book at the end of the month. There has never been any confusion with my guests because I am upfront about it.

During the season changes my Direcor encourages shows a the end of the month using both catalogs. You sell the items that the price goes up or are discontinuted in a few days and the new products, so you end up with 2 shows. I have only done these as my shows and I raffle off the host benefits to 2 seperate people.

Amyskitchen2 said:
During the season changes my Direcor encourages shows a the end of the month using both catalogs. You sell the items that the price goes up or are discontinuted in a few days and the new products, so you end up with 2 shows. I have only done these as my shows and I raffle off the host benefits to 2 seperate people.

I would be very careful of this. If you have a host do this then their benefits will be lower.

Has anyone gotten theirs or had theirs be shipped atleast? I really hope to get mine soon to use the beginning of June. : )

I just got mine! it was on 5-27.. it's awesome... brought it to the beach and everyone wanted to buy it! :thumbup:

Can't wait for mine!

Last edited:
I submitted m y second show last night. I am so happy to get this incentive. Now to work on 1 or 2 levels for SAT in June! :D

Got mine last week some time!! Love it! It is huge!!!

Got mine on Friday....just in time to go for a weekend getaway. took the DCB, small cutting board and MFP in it, sold a DCb and MFP because of it! Its soooo cute and useful! easy to clean too.

<h2>1. When can I expect to receive my picnic basket from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The timeframe for receiving your picnic basket will vary depending on your location and the processing time of your order. You can check the estimated delivery date on the confirmation email you received when you redeemed your points for the basket.</p><h2>2. I earned my picnic basket a few days ago, but haven't received any updates. Is this normal?</h2><p>It is normal for there to be a delay between earning your picnic basket and receiving updates on its delivery. However, if you have not received any updates after a week, please contact our customer service for assistance.</p><h2>3. Will I be notified when my picnic basket has been shipped?</h2><p>Yes, you will receive a shipping notification email once your picnic basket has been shipped. This email will include a tracking number so you can keep an eye on its progress.</p><h2>4. Can I track the delivery of my picnic basket?</h2><p>Yes, you can track the delivery of your picnic basket using the tracking number provided in the shipping notification email. If you encounter any issues with tracking your package, please reach out to our customer service for assistance.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I have not received my picnic basket by the estimated delivery date?</h2><p>If you have not received your picnic basket by the estimated delivery date, please allow a few extra days for potential delays in shipping. If you still have not received your package after a week, please contact our customer service for assistance.</p>

1. When can I expect to receive my picnic basket from Pampered Chef?

The timeframe for receiving your picnic basket will vary depending on your location and the processing time of your order. You can check the estimated delivery date on the confirmation email you received when you redeemed your points for the basket.

2. I earned my picnic basket a few days ago, but haven't received any updates. Is this normal?

It is normal for there to be a delay between earning your picnic basket and receiving updates on its delivery. However, if you have not received any updates after a week, please contact our customer service for assistance.

3. Will I be notified when my picnic basket has been shipped?

Yes, you will receive a shipping notification email once your picnic basket has been shipped. This email will include a tracking number so you can keep an eye on its progress.

4. Can I track the delivery of my picnic basket?

Yes, you can track the delivery of your picnic basket using the tracking number provided in the shipping notification email. If you encounter any issues with tracking your package, please reach out to our customer service for assistance.

5. What should I do if I have not received my picnic basket by the estimated delivery date?

If you have not received your picnic basket by the estimated delivery date, please allow a few extra days for potential delays in shipping. If you still have not received your package after a week, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • agw
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
agw
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD