1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Any Mystery Host success???

1. I am really interested in having a Mystery Host Grand Opening to give my business a really strong start, and I have seen a lot of flyers and posts about Mystery Host Shows...but it seems like people are always disappointed and saying that no one showed up! My questions are...

1) Has anyone had a successful Mystery Host show? If so, what did you do to make it successful?

2) Did you invite people that you knew or people from your neighborhood?

3) If you invited people from your neighborhood, what did you do to insure that they came? (versus just giving them the flyer and waiting to see who shows up)

Any encouragement would be appreciated. I just don't want to spend all the time and money on something that doesn't have potential to be successful -- especially since I don't have a lot of start-up money! Thank you in advance!

Sandi

Dec 26, 2005
  2. cwcollins

cwcollins Novice Member

my first in on the 14th of January, I've made a flyer, you may take a peek if you like!
    Good Luck!

Attached Files:

Dec 26, 2005
  3. bkwrm

bkwrm Novice Member

I had a great Mystery Host show

Hi I decided to have a sort of Thank you Mystery host show so I invited all of my past hosts and told them they could bring guests. I invited nearly 100 but only 20 came but we had a great time. My show actually had a host and co host because it ended up being over 800.00. I also gave away door prizes. I tried to have all my food prepared ahead of time and just welcomed everyone to my home while I prepared a microwave cake. Then everyone ate and placed the orders. I handed out tickets and drew for the winners. It was really great.

Dec 26, 2005
  4. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

My suggestion would be to not go crazy preparing a ton of food. I did that and everyone who came said that they just ate and they weren't very hungry. I made myself crazy for days ahead when I could have just done a few simple things and a short demo. My Open House was successful, but it was frustrating to have sent out over 100 invites and have to call a lot of those people to see if they were coming. Anyone have any ideas on how to get people to RSVP these days? :rolleyes: Good luck with your open house! I hope it's a great springboard for your business!

Julie Myers
    Denver, PA

Dec 27, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted