• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Luck With Slimquick or Other Diet Pills?

In summary, some people are successful with diet pills while others are not. Some people might need to see a doctor to set a weight goal. Some people might try a support group like Weight Watchers or TOPS.
kearstin
I'm just wondering if any of you have had any luck with Slimquick or any of the other diet pills that are one the market. Slimquick just happens to be the one that appears to have the most natural ingredients.

I'm scared to death to take any of these pills, but am not losing any weight on my own and am getting really frustrated!! I work out regularly and don't really eat that badly, yet I can't drop a pound and am really starting to feel really badly about myself!

Maybe there is another problem. I would consult your Dr. Could be lots of things...but if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, sometimes there is something else.

Not trying to make you paranoid, but just saying....

Sorry! Personally I dont think I would try a diet pill. Some make your heart race and my heartrate is high to begin with...

eeeeew! Don't take diet pills!! They totally mess up your metabolism. Don't do it! I think the suggestion to go to a dr. is good. You might have a thyroid problem or something. Or you might want to even consider getting a couple of sessions with a personal trainer. It's important to be working out at your target hear rate in order to lose weight. Also, make sure you actully are eating healthy and don't just think that you are. I had a friend that was drinking Jamba Juice one or two times a day thinking it was super good for her since it was mostly fruit and yogurt but those things are full of sugar and calories too. Just stay away from the diet pills!

back last august and september i went to the dr and was taking phentermine, i think is how you spell it. i lost about 20lbs while taking it, in fact i have another appt. to go back to the doc this week to start them again. this is one of the oldes diet pills around. i have to go to the doc once a month and the third month have blood work done to make sure everything is going ok. i did lots of research on them before taking them and found them to be by best option.

How about joining a support group like WeightWatchers or TOPS.

I wasn't having luck losing either and joining TOPS gave me just the incentive I needed. The cost is very minimal and you have to weigh in every week.

Suggestions:

Drink lots of water - plain water.

Do not drink soda, not even diet.

Keep a chart of everything you eat right on the refrigerator for everyone to see. You would be surprised what you reach for unconsciously every day. The chart made a huge difference for me in my choices and quantities.

No fast food and only eat out on special occasions.

I weigh myself every day. If I lose I celebrate by staying on the diet. If I gain I exercise a little extra that day.

Get some kind of exercise every day. I walk or ride our stationary bike every day.

I lost over 80 pounds doing the above. Then life happened (I had surgery, then kidney stones, then family members were ill/died, etc.) and I got out of my good habits. Over 6 years I gained it all back. I recently went back to doing all the above things and am losing it again. I plan to be in better shape by July and keep working at it after that. I hate that I have to now start all over with this but I hate how I look and feel. It is so worth giving up a few things now to get what I want later!

You can do it! Just change up the things you have been doing and you'll get through that plateau. Don't take drugs. Slimfast and such things can be a good substitute meal or snack but the best thing is to make a lifestyle change that you can use forever and don't be like me - if you gain 5 pounds go back to the food diary, etc. to keep it in control.

EDIT: Do see a doctor first! Set your weight goal with him. BTW: TOPS requires a doctor "note" with your goal weight on it.

Check out this website/book. I had tried EVERYTHING, including Weight Watchers - did WW for 12 weeks, and lost 3 stinkin' lbs, while DH, who technically wasn't even on the stupid diet, lost 10 lbs! (but I'm not bitter.:rolleyes: )

Anyway, I digress - I read this book after seeing the author on the Today Show - he made so much sense, and he seemed to be describing me to a T - so I started with this - and it's the first time I've been able to lose weight since having my baby 4 years ago! I lost 3.5 lbs the first week - which was more than I lost in 4 months of Weight Watchers. And DH is much happier, because I'm not obsessively tracking every bite - and other than the cost of the book, it's free. :thumbup:

http://www.ultrametabolism.com/

I guess it sounds silly now that I'm thinking about it, but I'd never even considered talking to my doctor about it. I just have sort of assumed that it's metabolism or what not. Actually at first I thought it was "love" that did it to me as I've gained pretty gradually (was 120# when I met my husband 10 years ago and now am almost 170#).

I hate the idea of taking any kind of pills because deep down I know they won't work or the results won't last, but I'm hitting a low point I think.

I have tried Curves and didn't lose one measly pound. Now I try to go to the gym 4 - 5 times a week. I might see about a couple sessions with a personal trainer there though.

Go here: http://www.thedailyplate.com and set up a profile. Track what you're eating and be honest with it. You may find that you're eating great but just too many calories for your activity level. If you're within your means and still not losing then you'll have a way of showing what and how much you are eating in case you need to show a food diary to a doctor or nutritionist. I've been using this site since like January of this year and it's made a difference. I have thyroid and energy issues so losing weight is not easy for me plus I don't own a scale so can't obsess over weight but I know my pants are looser thanks to The Daily Plate.. plus of all the good diary sites they list sooooo many foods by brand and restaurant even. It's very user friendly. Don't take pills... there's no wonder drug or silver bullet. It's really a matter of burning more calories than you're taking in and making sure the ones you're taking in are nutritious and not empty. Easy ways to cut out empty calories... cut out sodas, juices and if you drink lots of coffee, keep it black... sugar packets and such can really add up over time. Juices may seem nutritious but you're better off eating the fruit vs drinking the juice which in many cases is simply Vitamin C infused sugar water. Good luck and get a physical with bloodwork if things don't improve to rule out other things.

Don't waste your money on the pills. If they really worked, every Dr would be telling their patients to run and get them quick!!

I have had great results with the online "sparkspeople.com" site. It's free, has a ton of info, lets you track your food, exercise, etc.

And yes, be honest with what you eat. That has been an issue with me over the years. Kick up your fiber, stay away from the processed junk out there, drink your water, TRACK YOUR FOOD (sorry for the shout but this is key) - that is so important I had to say it twice.

Since last Jan, I have released 40 pounds back into the universe. And it's because I count everything and walk 4 miles a day. I developed some knee issues this past winter, had to stop walking from Nov until March and reconnected with 10 or those released pounds. Now that I can walk again, I have re-released 5 of the 10 lbs. It's slow, but they are going. You can do what you want to do, you have the power. It's easy to say slow metabolism, age, etc (I know, I'm 51, menopausal, etc, etc) but really, it's all about calories in, calories out.

All else fails, get a dog! Or better yet, you can always borrow one of mine.

You: on a Diet (Dr. Oz and Rozen, not sure if that is spelled right) is a good book too. It's not a "diet" plan per say but an eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle book. I liked it because they break everything down into real language instead of medical stuff. There are some yummy recipes in there too.

A few of my freinds were on Phentermine with the Dr.s apporoval and guidence and they all lost 20+lbs. I tried it but it just made me feel all doped up on something!?! I did lose 8lbs on it but never kept up with them because of the dry mouth and weird feeling I had.

I tried the "herbal" pills. Don't do it. I ended up in the doctors office because I didn't eat enough with it one meal. I thought I was dying. Even the herbal ones mess with your chemistry.
I like the Dr. Oz plan, but haven't followed it in awhile. I lost 20 lbs. on it. His theory is though it isn't about the scale numbers, but the tape numbers.

back last august and september i went to the dr and was taking phentermine, i think is how you spell it. i lost about 20lbs while taking it, in fact i have another appt. to go back to the doc this week to start them again. this is one of the oldes diet pills around. i have to go to the doc once a month and the third month have blood work done to make sure everything is going ok. i did lots of research on them before taking them and found them to be by best option.

Ditto--- i also went to my dr and he prescribed phentermine and lost like 25 lbs....................he did an ekg before prescribing.....................

worked well for me

1. Can Slimquick or other diet pills really help me lose weight?

Many people turn to diet pills in hopes of quick and easy weight loss. While these pills may provide some initial results, they are not a long-term solution for weight loss. A healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise are the most effective ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

2. Are there any side effects of using Slimquick or other diet pills?

Like any medication or supplement, there are potential side effects associated with using diet pills. These can include nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and more serious side effects such as heart problems. It is important to consult with a doctor before taking any diet pills and to carefully read the label for possible side effects.

3. How long does it take to see results from using Slimquick or other diet pills?

The amount of time it takes to see results from using diet pills can vary greatly. Some people may see immediate results, while others may not see any changes at all. It is important to remember that using diet pills alone is not a sustainable way to lose weight. Results will likely be more noticeable when paired with a healthy diet and exercise routine.

4. Can I continue eating my normal diet while taking Slimquick or other diet pills?

Many diet pills claim to work without requiring any changes to your diet. However, a healthy diet is essential for long-term weight loss and overall health. While taking diet pills, it is important to still maintain a balanced diet and avoid overeating.

5. Are there any diet pills that are safe to use?

It is important to note that any medication or supplement, including diet pills, may come with potential risks and side effects. It is always best to consult with a doctor before taking any diet pills or supplements. Additionally, be cautious of false claims and do your research before trying any new diet pills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ish
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies