• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Ideas What I Can Make With Apple Butter?

V
vwpamperedchef
I cleaned out the fridge this morning and low and behold is a jar for apple butter. My MIL gave it to us bc they didnt like it. So, I don't like to waste things, so I thought I would make something. I found a recipe for baked beans with the apple butter and I will make that tomorrow. But still have Apple Butter left over.......

Any recipe ideas would be helpful and appreciated.
TIA

I JUST read a recipe using this...I think it might be either the F/W 08 SB or the new cookbook. I'll go look :D

In the new holiday cookbook. There's a bourbon cake that uses 1 cup of apple butter in the cake batter.

My first thought was to make our mini caramel/cinnamon rolls - but instead of using the butter and sprinkles, use the apple butter. I bet it would taste good with some of our cinnamon sprinkles sprinkled on before rolling...

I have no idea what that would taste like - I was just trying to think of something easy.

Here is a link to some Muirhead Cinnamon Apple Butter Recipes. (I LOVE their Pumpkin Butter):
http://www.muirheadfoods.com/cinnamon_apple_butter_recipes.shtml

Oh, I forgot: I usually make scones and spread Pumpkin Butter (instead of butter or margarine) on them. So I bet Apple Butter would be good too! I do not know how sweet Apple Butter is or if you would need to add sugar/cinnamon. I guess you could spread Apple Butter on any warm breadkfast rolls or bread....??

Carmel Apple Dip

Caramel Apple Dip
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese,
softened
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
5 apples or pears, wedged
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except peanuts and apples in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Chop
peanuts using Food Chopper; add to Batter Bowl. Mix well; chill.
2. Wedge apples using Apple Wedger; arrange around dip and serve.
Yield: 16 servings (2 cups)
Cook’s Tips: Apple butter can be found in the jams and jellies section of most grocery
stores. Substitute 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained, for the apple butter.

I use apple butter all the time! I make my own without sugar and spread it on toast, pancakes, waffles, you name it! It can replace the fat in brownies (if a recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butter, use 1/4 cup apple butter) just don't mix it as much so that the wheat protein isn't over-developed and you will have excellent low fat brownies! If the apple butter is spiced, it will give it a mexican flair! Good luck! I think home made apple butter is much better, but try it on the cinnamon rolls! Kam was right, they are awesome!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I use apple butter all the time! I make my own without sugar and spread it on toast, pancakes, waffles, you name it! It can replace the fat in brownies (if a recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butter, use 1/4 cup apple butter) just don't mix it as much so that the wheat protein isn't over-developed and you will have excellent low fat brownies! If the apple butter is spiced, it will give it a mexican flair! Good luck! I think home made apple butter is much better, but try it on the cinnamon rolls! Kam was right, they are awesome!

OMG I love Apple Butter! Any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe?? TIA!!! :blushing:

Paula Deen made Sour Cream Scones this weekend on one of her shows, I bet the butter would taste great spread on them! They looked yummy!

4kids4me said:
OMG I love Apple Butter! Any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe?? TIA!!! :blushing:

Spiced Apple Berry Butter

2 quarts Apple sauce (8 cups)
1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
4 cups sugar (2 cups honey if you don't use refined sugar)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus spice blend

1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
1 bay leaf
1tsp Pampered Chef Double Strength Vanilla

1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy 4 quart pot and simmer 15-20 minutes until very thick. Remove bay leaf.
2. Pour boiling hot butter in hot jars (clean and sterilized!) leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rim and place lids and rings.
3. Water bath in boiling water for 10 minutes for both pints and quarts ( according to manufacturer's directions).

.Makes 5 pint jars, or 10 half pint jars (1 pint less if you use honey)

That seems totally do-able. One question, tho. What is candied ginger and where would I find it?? Thanks so much!! :D

You can use regular ginger grated fine on the micro plane. 2T total should do. You can find ginger root in the produce section of most grocery stores. Candied ginger is just preserved ginger (not like the pickled variety that comes with sushi though!:yuck:) It has been preserved in sugar though so if you want totally unrefined sugar, use the fresh. Wheew. Long way of saying you can use the fresh, eh? My sister used the dry bottled variety and said it was good too. Just about a Tablespoon of that. Have fun!

Smear the apple butter on a pork loin, tenderloin, or even pork chops and bake in the oven....yummy!

ljeffries said:
Smear the apple butter on a pork loin, tenderloin, or even pork chops and bake in the oven....yummy!

Okay! I am sooo trying that! It would be good with Chicken too and a smear of curry paste and apple butter. I am getting hungry. It is way too late at night to fire up the oven!

Thanks for the great ideas!!

My dad makes apple butter twice a year, but he does it in a HUGE copper kettle over an open fire. It takes all day long and constant stirring, it tastes great but is a lot of work. He uses 60lbs of sugar, so I don't think it would replace any fat in brownies for me!! LOL It's definitely not for the diabetic! I think it's great just on toast with butter. He likes to put it with cottage cheese.

Well I've been "marinating" my baked beans in the apple butter/mustard/raisins/black pepper since yesterday. Which is NOT what the recipe said but I decided I have too much to do today to make those during dinner time. So we shall see. Sounds interesting. DH is the one who likes apple butter, not me. Its an all natural apple butter, which sometimes all natural has no flavor with some things. IMO.

Ill let you know how the baked beans turn out.

1. What is apple butter?

Apple butter is a type of spread or condiment made by cooking down apples with sugar and spices until it becomes a thick and smooth paste.

2. How long does apple butter last?

If stored properly in an airtight container in the fridge, apple butter can last for several months. It can also be frozen for longer storage.

3. Can apple butter be used in savory dishes?

Yes, apple butter can be used in a variety of savory dishes such as marinades, sauces, and dressings. It adds a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor to these dishes.

4. What are some other recipe ideas for using apple butter?

Apple butter can be used in desserts such as apple butter bars, apple butter bread, and as a topping for ice cream. It can also be used in breakfast dishes like apple butter pancakes or as a spread for toast or bagels.

5. Is apple butter a healthy option?

Apple butter does contain a significant amount of sugar, but it also has some nutritional benefits. It is a good source of dietary fiber and contains some vitamins and minerals from the apples. However, it should be consumed in moderation as a part of a balanced diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • SarahT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • jwpamp