• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Cookware without Scratching: Tips & Tricks

In summary, try Dawn Power Dissolver or the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush to clean the outside of the cookware without scratching it up. If this does not work, deep cleaning may be necessary.
amycorrine00
any idea how to clean the outside of the cookware without scratching it up?? I have a customer that wants to know, and I'm sure there are others I could tell this to.

SorryI know this sounds like a lame answer, but try Customer Service or Field Services.

Cleaning CookwareTry Dawn Power Dissolver. Someone here suggested it for the glazed stoneware, too. It works well, just don't wet the area first. Let it sit for 10 to 30 minutes, then wet and wipe down. If the stains are a couple years old, it may take several tries. :rolleyes:

You can find it near dish detergents at most supermarkets.

Thanks!! It is my husbands Aunt and she's pretty good about buying PChef and I didn't want this to ruin her "vibe" :p

cleaning cookwareHere is something I found that I thought you would find interesting. It was on another board posting.
Jenn*
Thank you for contacting the Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your product
question. To remove staining from the exterior of the Professional Cookware
a grease cutting detergent (like Dawn) and your Easy Clean Kitchen Brush
might be all you need. If this has not been successful, deep cleaning may be
necessary.
Deep Cleaning
* To remove stubborn spots, first soak in hot, soapy water. Rub exterior and
interior surfaces with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
* Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing 1/2 cup baking soda with 3
tablespoons water. Apply paste to desired areas on exterior surface of
Cookware, let stand 15-20 minutes. Wipe off excess paste; rinse thoroughly
and dry.
* To remove residue from rivets, clean with the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush or
other nylon bristle brush.
* To maintain clean and shiny lids, clean with a cloth dampened withvinegar
or lemon juice periodically.
Directions for deep cleaning the exterior surface of the Professional
Cookware can also be found in the Use & Care/Recipe Cards provided with each
set of Cookware.**You can also try using the cleanser Soft Scrub with the
kitchen brush to remove any exterior discoloration.
Generation II
Thank you for contacting the Pampered Chef Customer Service Department. To
remove stubborn stains from the exterior porcelain enamel surface,
rub the surface using a non-abrasive pad that has been dipped in a solution
of equal parts of ammonia and water. Do not allow pans to soak in the
solution. Wash, rinse, and dry before using. If further assistance is
necessary, please contact our Test Kitchen Department at 630/ 261-4059.

Thanks SOOOO much!!!

1. How can I clean my non-stick cookware without scratching it?

To clean non-stick cookware without scratching it, avoid using harsh cleaning tools such as steel wool or abrasive sponges. Instead, opt for a soft sponge or cloth and a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner. You can also use a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water to create a gentle scrub. Be sure to rinse and dry thoroughly after cleaning.

2. Can I use metal utensils on my non-stick cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware as they can scratch or damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or nylon utensils that are gentle on the surface.

3. How do I remove burnt-on food from my cookware without scratching it?

If you have burnt-on food on your cookware, let it soak in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes before attempting to clean it. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub the food off. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water as a natural abrasive cleaner.

4. What is the best way to clean stainless steel cookware without scratching it?

To clean stainless steel cookware without scratching it, avoid using harsh cleaning tools or abrasive cleaners. Instead, use a soft sponge or cloth and a gentle cleaner, such as white vinegar or a mixture of baking soda and water. Be sure to rinse and dry thoroughly after cleaning to avoid water spots.

5. Is it safe to put my cookware in the dishwasher?

While some cookware may be labeled as dishwasher safe, it is generally recommended to hand wash your cookware to avoid any potential damage. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can cause the non-stick coating to peel or the surface of the cookware to become discolored. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before putting your cookware in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lsm72