• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Pampered Chef Allow Husband and Wife Teams?

In summary, my husband and I are thinking about signing up for personal Chef Professional. We are both excited about the opportunity to learn more and grow as personal chefs. I think he would be better doing the presentations, while I handle the business end of things. I think women would enjoy attending a cooking show where the man is doing the cooking.
strasfamily
I think my husband and I are going to sign up under his name. We are both excited about joining, but I think he would be better doing the presentations whereas I would be better doing the business end of things. Plus, I think that maybe women would enjoy attending a cooking show where the man is doing the cooking.

Anybody else do this?

me and my hubby are a team. he helps me with my demo's by carrying the stuff and setting it up and even helps cook sometimes. i do all the business stuff. he has even helped make some phone calls when i have been to chicken. i think its a great thing and couldnt do it with out him!!

Thata what my wife and I do I do the majority of the shows and she does more of the admin. stuff. I have noticed that women do tend to love the idea of a man cooking for them.
Nate

We have a couple spouse teams in my cluster. One is a husband, wife & daughter team. They use the money for special stuff like vacations and stuff. They've not been doing PC for long. They love it.

Oh whoa! That is soo great! I'd like for my Husband to get in on PC with me, but alas...he's busy with "his" job (AD-Military)....which, believe me, keeps him REALLY busy.

I guess my DH would not call us a team but he is so very helpful! I started this bis with his encouragement. He helps me get everything ready for shows and to clean up/unpack after the shows. He promotes me to all of his friends and at his work. He has even gotten on the phone for me and booked a few parties for me with people in his family or who he knew better. I am not sure I would have been successful if not for his encouragement! I tried to sell knives about 10 years ago and flopped. Wonder what would have happened if I had him around back then!!

We have a team in our cluster. The husband signed on because he loves to cook and is an actor at heart, so he loves the demos. She was doing alot of the business side at home because he works full time. When we had that big cranberry stoneware incentive for new recruits, she decided to finally sign on, too. She couldn't sign on with him, so she also signed on with the same director. She really intended to qualify to get the stoneware and quit, but she barely hung on. Anyway, last summer she attended conference, and began host coaching in person. Well, her entire business has turned around, she's doing 3 shows a week, has promoted to director, and is so chock full of great ideas! Her husband's PC business has since taken a back seat to hers.

Here's the idea I came up with since observing their situation: What if he had recruited someone who in turn recruited the wife? If the middle recruit were to go inactive, I would think the wife would be given to the husband even though they live together, right?

My husband and I are a team...He does all the shows and I'm the paperwork girl. I make sure all the shows get booked, I also do all the craft fairs and Farmers Markets..etc...My husband is also AD military but he loves PC so he makes time for it, I know what days I can book shows on and what days hes not avaliable, if someone wants a show on days he can't do it, I do them myself but I try not to have to do that because I hate cooking..lol so I usually just let the guest do the demos...lol right now we don't do as many shows as we would like but with him being AD and going to college full time I can see why...lol but we love what were doing and when he gets out of the Navy in 9 months, PC will turn into my full time job.

Dawn,

Are you signed up under your name or his name? I was going to have my hubby sign up under his name since he will be the one doing the shows, but now I am thinking maybe I should do it under my name since I am better with paperwork and such.

Dawn said:
if someone wants a show on days he can't do it, I do them myself

Be careful with that. Through PC we have a huge amount of liability insurance. The insurance is only on the consultant whose name appears on the agreement. If the spouse - who is not a consultant - were to do a show and accidentally break something or burn something of the host's, the spouse would be liable to pay for the damage, not PC.

The company should allow husband and wife teams. I know of other Direct Sales companies that do allow this. Maybe we should suggest it to PC.

Don't get me wrong, they're not against the teams. It's just that we pay $2 a month for the insurance and it only covers that person. As long as the official consultant is there, there should not be a problem. I have not heard of other Direct Sales companies that allow couples to sign up - maybe because I haven't been looking for one. When couples sign up, do they pay more (ie. two starter kits) or do you have to pay more initially to sign with those companies as an individual?

I thought the rule was, two people in the same household could not both be consultants, husband/wife, mother/daughter etc? I have been trying to get my daughter to sign, but have been discouraged because she still lives at home.

In the post above, do the husband and wife consultant use different mailing addresses?

The rule, to my understanding, is that you cannot recruit anyone that lives at your physical address. I believe someone else could recruit your daughter - your recruiter - and you both could be consultants. I would call HO and ask someone.

Spouse Teams...Yes, there are direct sales companies that allow husband and wife teams. I don't think Amway/Quixtar would have been around as long as it has without spouse teams.:rolleyes:
I know the Home Office is protecting the interests of single working consultants by avoiding the issues that come up when a spouse direct sales team goes through a divorce. It can affect the entire line. However, if multi-million dollar stars can work out pre-nupts, surely our corporate lawyers could do the same for Pampered Chef spouse teams. :confused:
Close friends on my team are a working PC marriage - he's the consultant and does the shows and she's the detail person. Because they are my lifelong friends I worry about their future in PC. What happens to the business she has been instrumental in building if he should die? It seems grossly unfair that she lose not only a husband but her livelyhood as well. :mad:
If married teams can have only one consultant, then there should be provisions for a spouse or partner heavily involved in the PC business to take over the business upon the death of their consultant spouse - perhaps with the approval of their team. Married teams are strong and working together to build a business, each using his or her strengths, makes their business and their marriage stronger than it might be as a lone consultant. It seems that we discriminate between those who are married partners and those who are not with our rules. The Home Office could find a way around this if they wanted to, IMHO. :(

1. What are the benefits of being a husband and wife team with Pampered Chef?

As a husband and wife team with Pampered Chef, you have the opportunity to work together and build a business as a team. You can support and motivate each other, share responsibilities, and combine your different strengths and skills to create a successful business. Additionally, you both have the potential to earn income and rewards through your joint efforts.

2. Can we both attend training and events together as a husband and wife team?

Yes, Pampered Chef welcomes and encourages husband and wife teams to attend training and events together. This allows both partners to learn and grow together, strengthen their teamwork, and network with other couples in the business.

3. Are there any special requirements or qualifications for husband and wife teams?

No, there are no special requirements or qualifications for husband and wife teams with Pampered Chef. Both partners must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Social Security number or Tax ID to become consultants. As long as both partners are committed to working together and building a successful business, you can join as a team.

4. How can we balance our roles and responsibilities as a husband and wife team?

Pampered Chef offers a flexible and customizable business model, so you and your spouse can determine how to divide roles and responsibilities according to your strengths and schedules. You can also seek guidance and support from your upline and fellow consultants to help you find a balance that works for your team.

5. Can we have separate businesses as a husband and wife team with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you and your spouse can have separate businesses with Pampered Chef. However, it is important to communicate and coordinate with each other to avoid conflicts and ensure a successful partnership. You can also choose to have a joint business name and share resources and customers, or keep your businesses completely separate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StrengtheningCore
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cook1