• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Any Gone on a Low Sugar/Sugar Free Diet?

In summary, Karen and her husband live a healthy, low sugar, gluten-free lifestyle. They eat all the food groups and avoid processed and refined vegetable oils. They also eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and grass-fed, humanely raised local beef, pork, and pastured chicken and eggs.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I am just wondering if anyone has ever tried or is on a low sugar/sugar free diet? Looking into eliminating sugar from my diet....
I suffer from Restless Legs Syndrome and I think this might help...

Looking for thoughts, ideas, recipes, foods to avoid and such!

Thanks,
Karen

We don't do a sugar free diet. It's how we live! We have no refined sugar in our house, and no foods containing refined sugar.

For sweeteners, we use coconut palm sugar, raw honey (not from the grocery store shelf), real maple syrup, and occasionally stevia, although it's not my favorite.

When we first eliminated sugar though, we didn't even use these. We totally got rid of sugar for about a month. This gave us time to get over the cravings (because you'll have them - sugar is an addiction!) and to adjust our taste buds. Once you don't eat sugar for a while, everything tastes sweeter. It was incredible to us to eat broccoli and have it taste sweet. At first we thought it was the broccoli itself, and then we realized it was our taste buds!

Watch for hidden sugars. There is sugar in almost all processed foods & condiments and it hides under many many different names. Here is a list of 50!
1. Barley malt
2. Beet sugar
3. Brown sugar
4. Buttered syrup
5. Cane juice crystals
6. Cane sugar
7. Caramel
8. Corn syrup
9. Corn syrup solids
10. Confectioner’s sugar
11. Carob syrup
12. Castor sugar
13. Date sugar
14. Demerara sugar
15. Dextran
16. Dextrose
17. Diastatic malt
18. Diatase
19. Ethyl maltol
20. Fructose
21. Fruit juice
22. Fruit juice concentrate
23. Galactose
24. Glucose
25. Glucose solids
26. Golden sugar
27. Golden syrup
28. Grape sugar
29. High-fructose corn syrup
30. Honey
31. Icing sugar
32. Invert sugar
33. Lactose
34. Maltodextrin
35. Maltose
36. Malt syrup
37. Maple syrup
38. Molasses
39. Muscovado sugar
40. Panocha
41. Raw sugar
42. Refiner’s syrup
43. Rice syrup
44. Sorbitol
45. Sorghum syrup
46. Sucrose
47. Sugar
48. Treacle
49. Turbinado sugar
50. Yellow sugar

My hubby is worried about the lack of fiber then with no bread and no pasta ~ I know the veggies have some but what else can I do?
Could you email directly what you do eat?
[email protected]Thanks!Karen

Vegetables are a natural source of fiber. Thanks for the site link Becky. I found she had a recipe for a Zucchini bread on there with no sugar. I'll have to try that as I have a bunch of zucchini on my counter right now!

Karen, you can get LOTS of fiber without eating bread and pasta - but even if you are eating bread and pasta, you can still get it w/o sugar. It's just that it's all high carb and converts to sugar in your body. I believe that the USDA recommendations for grains in your diet are WAY too high. Since going to a gluten-free, sugar-free, low grain diet, we are so much healthier here! No more migraines, no more constant colds and bronchial infections,

Here is a passage from my blog about what we eat:

HOW WE EAT

* We eat all of the food groups. Meats, Dairy, Grains, Vegetables, Fats, Fruits, Nuts and Seeds...
* Unless it comes naturally low fat or fat free from it's source, we don't eat anything low fat or fat free.
* We eat healthy real saturated fats (organic, fresh butter, coconut oil, lard...)
* We don't eat processed & refined vegetable oils (no corn oil, or soy oil, or canola oil - have you ever heard of a canola plant?)
* We eat lots of fruits and vegetables - raw and cooked
* We eat grass-fed, humanely raised local beef, pork, and pastured chicken and eggs.
* We eat wild caught fish and seafood
* We eat local, lightly processed dairy products, and raw cheeses
* We eat small amounts of natural sweeteners. Raw Local honey, Maple Syrup, Coconut Palm Sugar are our main choices for sweeteners.
* We eat Gluten Free. No wheat, rye, barley, spelt, or kamut.
* We DO NOT eat perfectly. I firmly believe in the 80/20 principle. Okay, maybe the 90/10 principle is more like it...where as long as we are eating this way 80-90% of the time, I'm not going to stress about the other 10-20%. So, if my son is offered ice cream, I don't have to freak out. :) Except for the Gluten. That one really makes us sick, so we try as best we can to keep Gluten-Free 100% of the time. Oh, and also food colorings. Artificial Food Colorings are horrendous, and the little guy cannot tolerate them - so those are also on the 100% gone list.

esavvymom said:
Vegetables are a natural source of fiber.

So are nuts & seeds! Almonds and Almond butter are very high in fiber!

Becky is right. I have a terrible time with foods as my main source of food is pasta. That's why I look like I do! But I simply cut the "white" stuff and anything with artificial colorings. I have lost 52 pounds since last July. Yeah, only about a pound a week but hey, it is a start. and I feel better! Also, it turns out that many of us are allergic to those colorings and do not know it. Did you know that you would simply stop eating Frito snacks and Cheetos if they did not contain enough colorings? THEY ARE BOTH GREY WITHOUT THEM! Cheetos cheese puffs, not the fried ones, without the coloring, look like like that slightly grey lint in your pockets!

Ewww yuck John! What an image....I'll never look at them the same way again (I don't eat them much, but my kids get some now and then.) I wonder what most processed foods would really look like. If we ONLY knew! And CONGRATS John! 1 lb a week doesn't sound like much, but that's a lot and the healthy way to do it! Forget shows like "Biggest Loser", that's just not realistic. I think it gives people a false sense of weightloss should be, and they get discouraged.I know I've got to do something. I've had problems with one hip and now my knees. I think part of it could be my bed (we're mattress shopping today), but I put back all of my weight that I had lost previously. My mom is TRYING the no white-stuff way of eating, so maybe I can help her by doing something too. I plan on reading through Becky's Blog and the other ones she linked to from hers.

1. What is a low sugar/sugar free diet?

A low sugar/sugar free diet is a diet that restricts or eliminates the consumption of added sugars and high sugar foods, such as desserts, candy, sugary drinks, and processed foods. It focuses on whole, unprocessed foods that are naturally low in sugar, like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats.

2. What are the benefits of following a low sugar/sugar free diet?

Following a low sugar/sugar free diet can have numerous benefits, including weight loss, improved blood sugar control, lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, improved energy levels, and reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.

3. Can I still eat sweet foods on a low sugar/sugar free diet?

While a low sugar/sugar free diet does restrict added sugars, there are still plenty of options for satisfying your sweet tooth. Fruits like berries and apples can be a great source of natural sweetness, and there are also sugar alternatives like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol that can be used in moderation.

4. Is a low sugar/sugar free diet suitable for everyone?

A low sugar/sugar free diet can be beneficial for most people, but it may not be appropriate for everyone. Those with certain health conditions, like diabetes or hypoglycemia, should consult with a healthcare professional before making significant dietary changes. It is also important to make sure you are still getting all the necessary nutrients and calories on a low sugar/sugar free diet.

5. How can Pampered Chef products help with a low sugar/sugar free diet?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and products that can help make following a low sugar/sugar free diet easier and more enjoyable. Our spiralizer can turn vegetables into tasty noodle substitutes, our blender can make delicious and nutritious smoothies, and our nonstick cookware allows for cooking with less added oils and sugars. We also have a collection of low sugar/sugar free recipes available on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Karen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jen123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies