• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ANTM: Celebrating Short Girls - My Journey as a 5'1.5" Contestant

In summary, the 5' 1.5" woman said that she is enjoying the girls that she didn't like in the previous competition and that she is also enjoying hearing her name mentioned on the show. She also said that she is enjoying the re-broadcast of the current season.
raebates
Staff member
As a 5' 1.5" woman, I'm enjoying the "short" girls. I say that because to me 5' 7" is tall. I'm very glad that the ones I didn't like are gone. Usually I have to put up with at least one of them until pretty near the end. I'm also enjoying hearing my name week after week. The really fun thing for me this morning was listening to last night's episode. Mr. Jay said something along the lines of "Rae is beautiful. When she was walks into a room she brings a brightness. But, it just doesn't translate to film." I like to think that's me. :) The Furry Guy says I don't translate well to 2 dimensions. You need all 3 to really appreciate me.

The participants that I didn't like are gone, too. Hooray! Was it just me, or did that one girl just totally read "Nnenna"? And not in a good way, either.

If you're talking about the African-American girl who had trouble doing anything but a strong, almost angry face, I thought the same thing at first. She grew on me, though. Maybe it was hearing her story about leaving an abusive relationship. That's what made it difficult for her to open up. I thought she was starting to make progress, but the judges obviously didn't agree.

ANTM

Ya know, when I see this on the board, I can hear Judy Garland, as Dorothy, saying over and over, "ANTM! ANTM!"

(Okay, "Auntie Em!" for those of you who don't see the world in the same skewed way I do.)

You're not the only one, KG. Even though I know what it is, I still hear Dorothy.

I don't watch TV, I had to go Google ANTM to see what the heck you were talking about! LOL

"We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz..."

G...r...o...a...n!!!!

You mean, you haven't groan accustomed to me yet?

I'm watching the re-broadcast for this week. I have to say that I'm really happy with the final 2. Nicole has the look of a model and she seems to be very teachable. I just love Laura. She's a real sweetie. And, I think it's odd how she photographs so much more beautiful than she is.

I had to laugh when Erin got mad about the hula and about Laura choosing Jennifer to share her reward. First of all, bossing people around while they're trying to learn the dance is not exactly viewed by those same people as helpful. Secondly, she talks trash about Laura, then is surprised that the woman doesn't want to spend several vacation days with her? Well, I for one am shocked. Not!

Erin's arrogance was getting to me. And, her comment about listening in her head to one of "those songs the teenagers listen to." Give me a break! She's 18.

I wouldn't have minded Jennifer being in the final 2. I think she has a career ahead of her.

Last edited:
Oh, and I cannot believe that Miss J told Laura that she was "the gold tooth in a mouthful of decay." Huh? I'm certain he could have figured out a better way to tell her that she definitely stood out.

Anybody else find the song that they play after the elimination really annoying?

I can't say I've noticed what they play.I, too, found Miss J's choice of wording funny. When one thinks about it, he essentially called all the other models a bunch of rotten teeth.

Well, that's pretty false. Sounds like he's incising a riot.

1. How did you become a contestant on "ANTM: Celebrating Short Girls" as a 5'1.5" model?

I was scouted by a casting director while working as a freelance model. They were specifically looking for models under 5'7" for the show and I fit the height requirement.

2. What was the most challenging part of being a short contestant on "ANTM"?

The most challenging part was proving to the judges and other contestants that being short does not limit your potential as a model. I had to constantly work harder and prove myself in photoshoots and challenges.

3. Did you face any discrimination or challenges in the modeling industry because of your height?

Yes, unfortunately there is still a lot of stigma surrounding short models in the industry. I have been turned down for jobs and told that I was too short for certain clients. However, shows like "ANTM" are breaking down those barriers and showing that height doesn't determine a model's talent or potential.

4. What was your favorite moment or photoshoot on "ANTM"?

My favorite moment was when I won a challenge and got to walk in a runway show during New York Fashion Week. It was an incredible experience and I felt like I was really breaking barriers as a short model.

5. How has your experience on "ANTM" as a short model impacted your career?

Being on "ANTM" has opened many doors for me in the modeling industry. It has given me a platform to showcase my abilities and has helped me gain more recognition and opportunities as a short model. I am grateful for the experience and the impact it has had on my career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies