1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: ANTM - Short Girls

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

As a 5' 1.5" woman, I'm enjoying the "short" girls. I say that because to me 5' 7" is tall.

I'm very glad that the ones I didn't like are gone. Usually I have to put up with at least one of them until pretty near the end.

I'm also enjoying hearing my name week after week. The really fun thing for me this morning was listening to last night's episode. Mr. Jay said something along the lines of "Rae is beautiful. When she was walks into a room she brings a brightness. But, it just doesn't translate to film." I like to think that's me. :) The Furry Guy says I don't translate well to 2 dimensions. You need all 3 to really appreciate me.

Oct 17, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The participants that I didn't like are gone, too. Hooray! Was it just me, or did that one girl just totally read "Nnenna"? And not in a good way, either.

Oct 17, 2009
  3. raebates

If you're talking about the African-American girl who had trouble doing anything but a strong, almost angry face, I thought the same thing at first. She grew on me, though. Maybe it was hearing her story about leaving an abusive relationship. That's what made it difficult for her to open up. I thought she was starting to make progress, but the judges obviously didn't agree.

Oct 17, 2009
  4. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

ANTM

Ya know, when I see this on the board, I can hear Judy Garland, as Dorothy, saying over and over, "ANTM! ANTM!"

(Okay, "Auntie Em!" for those of you who don't see the world in the same skewed way I do.)

5. raebates

You're not the only one, KG. Even though I know what it is, I still hear Dorothy.

Oct 18, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I don't watch TV, I had to go Google ANTM to see what the heck you were talking about! LOL

Oct 18, 2009
  7. The_Kitchen_Guy

"We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz..."

8. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

G...r...o...a...n!!!!

Oct 18, 2009
  9. The_Kitchen_Guy

You mean, you haven't groan accustomed to me yet?

10. raebates

I'm watching the re-broadcast for this week. I have to say that I'm really happy with the final 2. Nicole has the look of a model and she seems to be very teachable. I just love Laura. She's a real sweetie. And, I think it's odd how she photographs so much more beautiful than she is.

I had to laugh when Erin got mad about the hula and about Laura choosing Jennifer to share her reward. First of all, bossing people around while they're trying to learn the dance is not exactly viewed by those same people as helpful. Secondly, she talks trash about Laura, then is surprised that the woman doesn't want to spend several vacation days with her? Well, I for one am shocked. Not!

Erin's arrogance was getting to me. And, her comment about listening in her head to one of "those songs the teenagers listen to." Give me a break! She's 18.

I wouldn't have minded Jennifer being in the final 2. I think she has a career ahead of her.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    Nov 13, 2009
  11. raebates

Oh, and I cannot believe that Miss J told Laura that she was "the gold tooth in a mouthful of decay." Huh? I'm certain he could have figured out a better way to tell her that she definitely stood out.

Nov 13, 2009
  12. raebates

Anybody else find the song that they play after the elimination really annoying?

Nov 13, 2009
  13. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I can't say I've noticed what they play.

I, too, found Miss J's choice of wording funny. When one thinks about it, he essentially called all the other models a bunch of rotten teeth.

Nov 14, 2009
  14. The_Kitchen_Guy

Well, that's pretty false. Sounds like he's incising a riot.

Have something to add?