• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sandra's Gone: A Reflection on Claire, Talia and the Show

In summary, the conversation discusses the latest episode of America's Next Top Model and the elimination of contestant Sandra. There is also a discussion about the behavior of other contestants, Claire and Celia, and their chances of winning. The conversation also touches on the age difference between Celia and the other contestants and her maturity and interest in fashion. Some members of the conversation have not watched the episode yet and are discussing the lack of a spoiler tag. One member shares a personal experience related to the show and another member admits to not knowing what ANTM stands for until seeing it on a forum thread. The conversation ends with a summary of the topic at hand and a remark about not knowing much about the show.
raebates
Staff member
:sing:Sandra's gone! :sing: Sandra's gone! :sing: Sandra's gone!:sing:

I had definitely had enough of her I'm-so-much-better-than-anyone-else attitude. It was clear from what she said as she was leaving that she really didn't get it. I can only hope that in watching the episodes she sees how unattractive that arrogance is.

I felt for Claire. She should never have spoken out the way she did last week. I understand why she did, but it wasn't her place. I understand, too, why the judges felt they needed to make a public reprimand. I'm glad she is staying, though. I believe she's learned her lesson. I also think she has a good chance of winning.

I also understand Talia's ambivalence. She clearly has some self-esteem issues. Her confidence is strongly tied to the approval of others. The modeling world can be a cruel place. I hope she is able to learn how to develop inner strength.

Hrmph. I thought you were telling us that Harley-Davidson came out with a new model.

I am so confused... What is ANTM? The only "reality show" I watch is Biggest Loser...

pcchefjane said:
I am so confused... What is ANTM? The only "reality show" I watch is Biggest Loser...
America's Next Top Model... I don't watch the season, but sometimes I will watch old reruns.. :)

I'm glad someone asked.....because I had NOOOOOOOO idea what you were talking about. I'm thinking like a soap opera or something!!!

Sure, when I ask about ANTM people have no clue, but when ChefAnn starts a thread everyone understands. [huffs and stomps off grumbling]

raebates said:
:sing:Sandra's gone! :sing: Sandra's gone! :sing: Sandra's gone!:sing:

I had definitely had enough of her I'm-so-much-better-than-anyone-else attitude. It was clear from what she said as she was leaving that she really didn't get it. I can only hope that in watching the episodes she sees how unattractive that arrogance is.

I felt for Claire. She should never have spoken out the way she did last week. I understand why she did, but it wasn't her place. I understand, too, why the judges felt they needed to make a public reprimand. I'm glad she is staying, though. I believe she's learned her lesson. I also think she has a good chance of winning.
Do you mean Celia? I think she had a real chance of winning this season, until she spoke out. Now, as Nigel pointed out, they have doubts about how she'll be able to handle the modeling world. And I think she needs to work on her "soft face" - most of her pics have an almost scowl.

And I, too, was dancing around the living room when they eliminated Sandra. She reminded me so much of Nnenna from Cycle 6. Not just the accent, but the attitude. Like neither of them had heard of humility.

Yeah, Celia. (Don't know where I got Claire.) The thing I like about her is that she seems capable of taking criticism as well as critique. She is willing to learn and work on what the judges and/or special guests say. She seems fairly intelligent and mature, especially compared to so many of the other contestants.

She is the oldest contestant this cycle. I agree with you that she seems to be able to take criticism well. I get the impression, too, that she's far more interested in fashion than the other girls, who just want to be famous. She always looks good at panel, and never gets criticism about her clothing choices.

Darn the lack of a spoiler tag! I hadn't watched it yet. :(

Oops- sorry, Keith. At least the pics will be a surprise (some are really bad this week).

leftymac said:
Darn the lack of a spoiler tag! I hadn't watched it yet. :(

i hadnt seen it yet either. i was waiting for this weekend to catch up on my dvr. but i am soooooo glad she is gone!

chefann said:
Oops- sorry, Keith. At least the pics will be a surprise (some are really bad this week).

thats my favorite part anyway - the reveal of the pics. ill just fast forward to that now.

Sorry, Keith. I waited until the next evening to post so I wouldn't spoil it for anyone who hadn't had a chance to watch it. How in the world to you have the patience and discipline to wait until the weekend to watch?

I didn't know what ANTM meant til I saw KG's thread!

My son and DIL were at the hotel in NYC where the "riot" was. I heard a blip about it and wondered if it was near my kids. Sure enough, it was at THEIR hotel!

I know so little about it that I don't even know if "riot" needs to be in quotations or if it was truly a riot... I just knew there was some sort of uproar, as my exDH would have said.

Anyone else over Aminat? Now that Sonja's gone Aminat's arrogance is more apparent than ever. The girl needs to get over herself. I understand their reason for letting London go. I liked London, but she was fading. On a personal note, it was good to see an avowed Christian behaving well on one of these shows. It seems like the moment one of them says they're a Christian they start behaving badly, rudely, or judgmentally. Someone once said that too the worst advertisement for Christ is Christians. London handled herself well, even as she was leaving the house. I was proud of her.ETA: Celia is still my favorite. She clearly learned her lesson. As a matter of fact, her ability to listen and learn is one of the things I like about her.

Last edited:
I agree with you on all those points, Rae. My favorite, too, is Celia. She's been dropping in the callout order though. Unless she shows something unique in the next couple of photo shoots, I think she's going to be eliminated.Going back to last week and the recap/"never before seen footage" episode, I loved the juxtaposition of Sandra saying that some of the other girls have no class and her picking her nose on camera. :D

That was classic. Did you have a Willie Wonka flashback like I did? ([Picking nose] "Spitting is a nasty habit.") One of the things I find really intriguing about ANTM is appalling lack of self-awareness. So many of these young women are convinced that they are the best at everything they do, when they're really bad at most of it. I've noticed that the ones who understand that it's necessary for them to learn who usually go the furthest. As for Celia, I noticed. I think she's still suffering a bit of backlash from her earlier faux pas. The feedback that we're hearing from the judges is still mostly good.

raebates said:
As for Celia, I noticed. I think she's still suffering a bit of backlash from her earlier faux pas. The feedback that we're hearing from the judges is still mostly good.
That's the important part right there. We don't see the entire panel, nor all of the comments from the judges. I've noticed that a lot of Celia's photos have a very stern expression, and I can't imagine that the judges haven't mentioned that to her and told her to soften up (there's one girl every season who gets that comment, but the first one who comes to my mind is Jade).

Yeah, I try to forget Jade.

I love that Celia kicked Aminat in the face. Of course, it was an "accident." LOL!

Is it just me, or is Natalie not nearly as sexy as she seems to think she is?

Not really surprised at the results. I wish they were more positive about Celia, but I understand what they're saying.

That challenge reminded me a lot of the martial arts challenge from the China trip.

Me, too. Fo did a good job. She's cute, but I don't think "fashion model" when I see her. Celia's body control astounds me.

I called this one. I can't remember if they said whether or not she booked any go-sees, but the comments from the designers weren't good. I felt really sorry for Celia in the challenge. It sounds like she was in the building but not in the room on time. I was proud of her for not arguing the point, though.

I felt bad for her, too. She was late, but I give her credit for judging traffic closely, and for trying to fit in as many as she could.I don't think there's been a season yet in which all the models have gotten back from go-sees on time.

I think you're right. In the past, though, some have gotten really nasty about it. I have to say, I don't care for either Teyona or Aminat. Teyona's behavior when the prize arrived was both rude and childish. She shows very little class. Aminat's just so full of herself I find her irritating. I figure that Teyona is likely to win, though. I'd like to see Celia make it to the final 2. It will do my heart good if she is there longer than Aminat, since Aminat's constantly bad-mouthing Celia.

raebates said:
I have to say, I don't care for either Teyona or Aminat. Teyona's behavior when the prize arrived was both rude and childish. She shows very little class. Aminat's just so full of herself I find her irritating.
I had the same reaction when she started being all childish and greedy about the prize. Heaven knows she needed the wardrobe help, though.

raebates said:
I figure that Teyona is likely to win, though. I'd like to see Celia make it to the final 2. It will do my heart good if she is there longer than Aminat, since Aminat's constantly bad-mouthing Celia.
I'd also love to see Celia in the final 2. I hope she takes Paulina's comments about practicing to heart, and does better in the next 2 photo shoots, since those will determine the final 2. Anything can happen with Tyra behind the camera next week, and then we're down to the finale. And almost definitely a commercial/photo shoot for the final 3 to determine the final 2.

I'm getting tired of Animat's typical poses. It seems she never does anything beyond the "ghetto girl" stance - and it's been pointed out at panel. She's just lucked out that other models have had worse pictures.

Based on some of the designers' comments to Fo at the go-sees, I think next season will be very interesting, with the "5' 6" and under" clause. They're going to need to find designers who specialize in petite clothing for the go-sees and the final fashion show.

I'm looking forward to the next cycle. It will be interesting to see what designers they choose.

I was disappointed, though not surprised, to see Celia go. I was very disappointed in Paulina's reaction to Celia's choice to share in the reward. I thought she was rude. Then again, I've never been one of her biggest fans.It will be interesting to see the finale.

I also thought Paulina's reaction was rude. The winner got to choose. That means she could pick anyone. Paulina must have never watched how winners pick the others to partake.Celia joins a very small group of contestants who won the challenge the week they were eliminated.

At least she went out feeling good about herself. If I read high fashion magazines, I'd expect to see her in the not-too-distant future.

I was a little suprised to see her go. I am not sure who I want to win it all.

Yeah, it's hard to know who to cheer at this point.

raebates said:
Yeah, it's hard to know who to cheer at this point.

I agree. Teyona is just awful, I think, yet I feel she is going to win. The girl just should never smile - that way she doesn't show those big ole horse teeth. Aminat never did it for me, and I love Alison, but she's awful on the runway.

I just think this show has gone downhill the past few cycles and has just become a joke. I long for the early days when the contestants looked more like models. Now, it's just more and more about Tyra.

I'll still watch it, because after 12 cycles it's like an old friend (Same reason I watch Survivor after 18 seasons). I do think, however, that Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo is a much better show, and there's still drama!

leftymac said:
I just think this show has gone downhill the past few cycles and has just become a joke. I long for the early days when the contestants looked more like models. Now, it's just more and more about Tyra.
I totally agree! When we had E on our cable, we'd watch "The Soup" on Friday nights. And I loved their panning of how ANTM and The Tyra Show are both just vehicles for Tyra to talk about herself.

I can't get those shows. I use an antenna. It's ANTM or no models at all for me. While I'm about over this cycle, I still enjoy the show. I find the psychology and sociology of it interesting.

I watched Make Me a Supermodel a few times before my cable lineup was reduced. It was OK, but very different because of the types of challenges, and the fact that there were models of both genders included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies