• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Mix N Chop be used for making cake balls?

In summary, the conversation included various uses for the Mix N Chop tool, such as mashing frozen orange juice, chopping boiled eggs, making jam, and shredding chicken for BBQ. It was also mentioned that the Mix N Chop is useful for making cake balls, which are crumbled cake mixed with frosting and shaped into balls, dipped in chocolate, and decorated. This idea was suggested by a customer and used for a cake ball demo. The conversation also included different variations of cake balls, using either cake and frosting or crumbled Oreos and cream cheese. These cake balls are popular and have been given as gifts and used as party prizes.
AmyDare
I don't have a quick stir pitcher, and was making orange juice...and trying to figure out a quick way to mash up the frozen OJ...and the Mix N Chop did a fantastic job!:love:

I chop boiled eggs with mine all the time. Just dump everything in a bowl, chop away and when you are through you have chopped eggs to go on a salad. Add the stuff to make egg salad sandwiches.
I took mine to church to help break up the frozen punch at Christmas so I can see how you would use it for frozen oj.
Oh, a customer told me she uses hers to chop pasta for her kids.

I have the quick stir pitcher and still use the mix n chop for the frozen oj since I broke my first quick stir doing just that. Love the mix n chop, love the quick stir.
Mara

I use mine when making jam - it allows me to chop the fruit and even stir and heat all with one tool!

Cool ideas folks! I have sold a ton of those just based on the original use. With all these other ideas WHOA! I do however have a recipe for a Berry Mojito in the Quick Stir Pitcher that you must use the Mix 'N Chop to muddle the berries and mint first because the "blade" of the pitcher is too weak to do it right. But I work with a lot of farmers and home makers so the jam idea - wow and the frozen juice idea is great too! Thanks for posting this!

I used my mix n' chop last night to make cake balls!!
It was the best tool to make the cake finely crumbled :)

Yes! The only thing better for making cakeballs is a 7-12 year old boy...my son LOVES to stick his hands in the bowl and crumble the cake. He Loves to get all gooey.
I actually did a cake-ball demo for a women's group and one of the gals suggested we use the mix n chop. :)

The mix and chop also makes a very pretty design for the top pie crust!

Have a fellow team mate who states she used it to "chop" up the chicken for the smoky BBQ chicken recipe! Haven't tried it, but am curious to see if it works!

AmyDare said:
Yes! The only thing better for making cakeballs is a 7-12 year old boy...my son LOVES to stick his hands in the bowl and crumble the cake. He Loves to get all gooey.
I actually did a cake-ball demo for a women's group and one of the gals suggested we use the mix n chop. :)

What is a cakeball?

I've never heard of a 'Cakeball' either. What did you do for a cakeball demo? I have a group of ladies I have done so many parties for -- this sounds like something new.

Sandi

It works great for chicken/pork bbq. I cut my chicken/pork into chunks, put it in the crockpot and cook with sauce. When I am ready to serve, I just use my Mix'N Chop to shred instead of pulling apart with forks. Fabulous! Also great for homemade applesauce.

Cakeballs are AWESOME!! It wasn't a Pampered Chef demo, but you could work it that way. Either go to bakerella.com and check out cake pops, or just do this:
Bake a cake. Remove it from the pan and cool completely.
Put the cake in a large bowl and crumble it up. The large collapsable bowl and the mix n chop work great. Mix in one container of frosting.
Take the mush you just created and roll it into balls, as if you were making peanut butter cookies.
Put the balls on waxed paper and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the prep bowls, melt almond bark--white or chocolate.
Dip the cake balls in the chocolate and put back on the waxed paper to dry.
If you're feeling adventurous, put the opposite color of chocolate in a ziplock bag and drizzle over the top to decorate, or go all the way with them like Bakerella does, and turn them into cake pops and be truly creative.
There's another version that uses crumbled oreo cookies and cream cheese, too...YUM!
I gave cakeballs as Christmas presents this year. I've given them at parties as the "prize", too. People really want the prize when it's cakeballs!

sandilou said:
I've never heard of a 'Cakeball' either. What did you do for a cakeball demo? I have a group of ladies I have done so many parties for -- this sounds like something new.

Sandi

like Amy said......I've never done this for a demo either.
But, today is my in-home daycare provider's birthday, so I made them for her!!
If you haven't had them...TRY them, they are fabulous!!
I always make these and Oreo Truffles for the holidays!!!

Yes, they're fabulous!

The freezer part is very important, otherwise you'll end up with chunks of cake in your bark. I made some with strawberry cake, cream cheese frosting and chocolate bark, mmmm....

"Put the cake in a large bowl and crumble it up. The large collapsable bowl and the mix n chop work great. Mix in one container of frosting."

Does the frosting need to be microwaved for a few seconds or no? Was just wondering how easy it is to mix...even with the mix n chop.
I want to try making this!!

No...room temperature frosting works just fund. It's pretty easy to mix...and the cakeballs are only 2 weight watcher points each!! :)

Someone in my cluster has a client who had to buy a new mix n chop. Her husband claimed her first one to use, get this- to mix paint with! It would probably work well as a mini tiller in the garden too. Or for my son to use to make moats and trenches in the sand at the beach.

I use it in place of a pastry blender when making biscuits and need to cut in the butter!! Works fabulously.

As a newbie..I LOVE all of these tips! Thank you, folks!

shelly.nurse said:
I use it in place of a pastry blender when making biscuits and need to cut in the butter!! Works fabulously.

I like the idea!

It works really good to mash banana's for banana bread, etc. No holes to get gunk stuck in like a traditional masher!

Do the cake balls need to be kept refrigerated since they are frozen at one point? I amean, so that the dunking part doesn't get 'melted'. do you make them the size of peanut butter balls or coconut balls--just enough for a bite-size ball?

1. Can the Mix N Chop be used for chopping vegetables?

Yes, the Mix N Chop can be used for chopping vegetables. It is designed with sharp blades that easily chop through vegetables, making it a convenient tool for meal preparation.

2. Is it safe to use the Mix N Chop in non-stick cookware?

Yes, the Mix N Chop is safe to use in non-stick cookware. The nylon material of the blades will not scratch or damage the surface of the cookware.

3. Can the Mix N Chop be used for mashing potatoes?

Yes, the Mix N Chop can be used for mashing potatoes. The sharp blades make it easy to mash boiled potatoes into a smooth consistency.

4. Is the Mix N Chop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mix N Chop is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

5. Can the Mix N Chop be used for cooking ground meat?

Yes, the Mix N Chop is perfect for cooking ground meat. The blades help to break up the meat into smaller pieces, resulting in evenly cooked and crumbled meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Christine Moore
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies