• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What other creative uses can prep bowls have besides in the kitchen?

In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of constantly getting up from the sewing machine while working on quilts and the use of a prep bowl as a makeshift pin container. The participant also shares their favorite use for the prep bowl, which is for apples, and recommends the prep bowl set for both sewing and meal prep purposes.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I am making some quilts for Christmas yesterday but I have to get up from my sewing machine every time I go to pin more panels together and I kept forgetting to bring my pin box..then I would get it and when I went back to the sewing machine..I would forget the container to put the pins back into. So I decided I didn't want to have to keep walking back and forth..so I turn around and look at the kitchen table..and there was a prep bowl sitting on there..so I used that..now I have decided that when I do actually have a sewing room I will need a prep bowl set for some of the little things.

I just thought that I would share.

My favorite use lately has been for apples. I eat an apple and cheese every day on my way to my work out. The small apples I get fit perfectly in the prep bowl after they are cut up. And I don't have to waste a bigger bowl.

Excellent ideas.

3 (and possibly 4) large eggs also fit in the 2 cup Prep Bowl. I made a flip cake at work the other day for the office Christmas pot-luck, and they made the 1.5 hour trip with not even a crack!

Hi there! I completely understand the struggle of constantly getting up from your sewing machine to retrieve items. It can be quite frustrating and really disrupt the flow of your project. Using a prep bowl as a makeshift pin container is a great idea! It's always helpful to have multi-functional tools in the kitchen and in your sewing room. I highly recommend our Prep Bowls set, not only for sewing projects but also for meal prep and organizing small items. Thank you for sharing your tip with us and happy quilting!

1. What are some other ways to use Prep Bowls besides for food prep?

Prep Bowls can also be used to hold small craft supplies, as a catch-all for loose change or jewelry, as dip bowls for entertaining, and even as mini planters for succulents.

2. Can Prep Bowls be used in the oven or microwave?

Yes, Prep Bowls are safe to use in both the oven and microwave. Just make sure to remove any metal rings or decorations before heating.

3. Are Prep Bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, Prep Bowls are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them to preserve their longevity.

4. How many Prep Bowls come in a set?

The number of Prep Bowls in a set can vary, but most sets come with 4-6 bowls.

5. Can Prep Bowls be used for hot liquids?

Prep Bowls are not recommended for use with hot liquids, as they are not designed to withstand high temperatures. It is best to use them for cold or room temperature ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
abaker1
  • siderits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • MSmith