• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Use My Cell Phone in Toronto Without Breaking the Bank?

No fancy phone here!DH googled it & came up with a few choices. We have pre paid Verizon phones & it says they should work.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Just because I was curious I called my cell phone company about using my cell phone in Toronto - or if it was going to be worth it to bring it. They told me that it will cost $3 a day just to have it on as it searches for a tower and 99 cents a minute to use it. But he told me if I put it on Airplane Mode it will essentially be on but not searching for a tower. I won't be able to use it but can still have it with me in case of an emergency. I knew it would cose to use it in Canada but didn't know it would cost just to have it on up there.

wadesgirl said:
Just because I was curious I called my cell phone company about using my cell phone in Toronto - or if it was going to be worth it to bring it. They told me that it will cost $3 a day just to have it on as it searches for a tower and 99 cents a minute to use it. But he told me if I put it on Airplane Mode it will essentially be on but not searching for a tower. I won't be able to use it but can still have it with me in case of an emergency. I knew it would cose to use it in Canada but didn't know it would cost just to have it on up there.

That's good to know. If your phone has WiFi capability, you may still be able to turn that on in Airplane Mode and use your internet if you're in a place with a wireless network.

NooraK said:
That's good to know. If your phone has WiFi capability, you may still be able to turn that on in Airplane Mode and use your internet if you're in a place with a wireless network.

No fancy phone here!

DH googled it & came up with a few choices. We have pre paid Verizon phones & it says they should work. I'm bringing mine just in case we get separated.....but I really don't think there will be a problem. :D

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I'm always on the go and rely heavily on my cell phone to stay connected. I completely understand your concern about using your phone in Toronto and the potential costs associated with it. It's great that you reached out to your cell phone company for clarification.I wanted to share with you a handy tip for using your phone while traveling. Instead of putting your phone on Airplane Mode, which will disable all cellular functions, you can simply turn off data roaming. This will prevent your phone from connecting to any cellular networks and incurring additional charges, but you will still be able to use your phone for calls and texts in case of an emergency.I hope this helps and have a great trip to Toronto! Don't forget to pack some of our amazing Pampered Chef products to make your vacation meals a breeze. Happy cooking!

1. What are some must-see attractions in Toronto?

There are so many amazing attractions in Toronto, but some must-sees include the CN Tower, the Royal Ontario Museum, and the Distillery District.

2. Is it easy to get around Toronto?

Yes, Toronto has a great public transportation system including buses, subways, and streetcars. You can also easily walk or bike around the city.

3. What is the best time of year to visit Toronto?

The best time to visit Toronto is during the summer months (June-August) when the weather is warm and there are many festivals and events happening throughout the city.

4. Are there any hidden gems in Toronto that tourists should know about?

Absolutely! Some hidden gems in Toronto include Kensington Market, Graffiti Alley, and the St. Lawrence Market.

5. What is the food scene like in Toronto?

Toronto has a diverse and vibrant food scene with a mix of international cuisines and local favorites. Be sure to try some classic Canadian dishes like poutine and butter tarts while you're here!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
DebbieJ