• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Be Wary: Possible Scam Attempt by Kate Collinson

In summary, there is a scam going around where someone named Kate Collinson is pretending to be interested in purchasing products. They claim to be a caterer and want to order products online, but only pay with paper checks. They ask for personal information and the shipping address, and then send a fake check for payment. This is a common scam and even if it was a legitimate customer, their warranty does not cover commercial use. It's important to be cautious and not pre-order products for anyone unless they are a trusted customer, relative, or friend. Unfortunately, the scammers continue to do this because it works on some people.
Ginger428
Gold Member
Looks like another scam going around....

Name: Kate Collinson
E-mail: [email protected]
Day Phone: (304) 365-7236
Evening Phone: (304) 365-7236
Address: no information entered - no information entered
City: no information entered
State: no information entered
Zip: no information entered
Language Preference English

This person is interested in the following matters:

Purchasing Products.

When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Refer: Purchasing Products
Comments or Message: Hi,
Hope you well ok,i want t order some product from you.Kindly please get back to me asap.

So I call her back & get a message, then I email her & get this reply.....

Hello,
Am glad to read back from you,just a little information about me,my name is Kate Collinson.Am a caterers and food service professionals,my company have prefer to order some product on line but for now all the purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below are the list of items needed....

#2307 Petite Bamboo Spoon Set................................................................................................(3)
#2419 French Fry Cutter.....................................................................................................................(4)
#1585 Decorator Bottle Set ..............................................................................................................(5)

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items,before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location upon my arrival

Hope to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

For Payment, Get back with the below details

1- Name to be written on the certified check
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State

Thank you and enjoy your day and how much sales tax to charge? And when is The next order date

Thanks,
Kate

Yes it is a scam! Why do people waste their time?

I agree, scam. Even if it was a real customer, our warranty doesn't cover commercial use ~ so she'd be out of luck either way.

AND, unless you are an excellent customer,relative or good friend. There is NO way I'll pre order products for you!!

the thing we have to remember is that it MUST be working for them.. otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it! So someone out there is falling for it!

pcjenni said:
the thing we have to remember is that it MUST be working for them.. otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it! So someone out there is falling for it!

Yes. It costs them virtually nothing to do it and if they just get 1% falling for it they consider it successful.

Jenni, sad but true! :(

I totally agree!! SO SAD... :mad:

1. What is "Be Wary: Possible Scam Attempt by Kate Collinson"?

"Be Wary: Possible Scam Attempt by Kate Collinson" is a warning message that may appear on various online platforms, including social media, email, or websites. It is intended to alert users about a potential scam attempt by someone named Kate Collinson.

2. How can I identify if it is a scam attempt by Kate Collinson?

There are several red flags that may indicate a scam attempt by Kate Collinson. These include receiving unsolicited messages or emails from her, being asked to provide personal or financial information, and being promised large sums of money for little to no effort. If you encounter any of these signs, it is best to be cautious and not engage with the individual.

3. What should I do if I receive a message from Kate Collinson?

If you receive a message from Kate Collinson, it is important to not respond or engage with them. Do not provide any personal or financial information, and do not click on any links or attachments in the message. Instead, report the message to the platform or email provider and delete it immediately.

4. Can I report a scam attempt by Kate Collinson?

Yes, you can report a scam attempt by Kate Collinson to the platform or website where you encountered it. You can also report it to the authorities, such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or your local law enforcement agency.

5. How can I protect myself from falling victim to a scam attempt by Kate Collinson?

The best way to protect yourself from a scam attempt by Kate Collinson is to be cautious and vigilant. Do not engage with suspicious messages or emails, and do not provide personal or financial information to anyone you do not know or trust. It is also helpful to regularly review your online accounts and report any suspicious activity immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katem51
  • imported_iteachurkid