• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Scam .... via Consultant Contact

In summary, the scammer is asking for personal information, shipping information, and payment information.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I received 2 contacts via Consultant Contact. One I have actually spoke to the person and she lives in a town nearby. Here is the other one: "Great news! A customer has located you through the "Find A Consultant" page, and would like you to contact them. The following information has been provided Name: Dana Bowling Email Address: [email protected] Phone Number:
Note: i want to order from you and i hope to hear from you.Thanks and God bless"
So with only an e-mail contact (which should have been a red flag) I e-mailed her. I did not hear back and (dumb me) I sent a second e-mail mentioning the first must be lost in cyber-space. I received a reply today and promptly sent it along with the background information to the home office. I am however not happy that I did give her some of my contact information in my previous e-mails. Not good. I am putting her e-mail address on my blocked sender list. Just for everyone's info I am posting her e-mail reply below.

"I am Dana, i go through Pamperedchef store online to look for products and newRep. and find their products very lovely and came across your pamperedchef store.I hate to say this but i am disable,am deaf woman.I have a rep who help me place order on the site before, but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more,and this is why i will love to make you my new Rep .
I will like to deal with you in purchasing some products from you for my mom church pastor wife, who lost her husband last month september,2013.I want to get this Kitchen tools product for her to contribute to what the church has done to her,and to beautify her new kitchen.
A new home was giving to her with her 9 years old son.
Again i do not operate credit card any more due to what i have experienced in the past with my disability,i'll also tell my friends about you just as soon as everything works out fine so that they also can patronize you.

THIS IS THE UNIQE PRODUCTS I WANT TO ORDER.

(2 Quantities) #2538 Skillet Dinner Set —
(1 Quantities) #2546 Holiday Dinner —
(1 Quantities) #3140 Rockcrok™ 4-qt. Dutch Oven —
(1 Quantities) #1321 Deep Covered Baker - Cranberry —

Pls i have Question to ask u,Is there any discount for products listed,if YES or NO? Let me know what the total cost for the complete set of this products.Calculate all the total prize for the items and let me know the amount this is going to cost me.
Also: ( Do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment? )??
If so let me have your full name,contact address, not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.
I need to inform you on how payment will be issue out to you,and it will be through my boss i work with,before i stopped working and moved here to start new life after the problem i had with my ex husband.
Kindly get back to me with the total cost for the products, your full name,contact address and also your phone number where you will like my boss to mail out the payment to,And once you receive my payment for the prize of the products you plsgo ahead and place order for the product on pamperedchef.
My address information: 898 West O Avenue, Nevada, IA 50201, United States

Notice: I hope this products will be secure and safe when shipping from the company to my address,and lastly i hope you are not the type that will do away with my payment when you receive it and ignore me?
I promise to add you handling fees as soon as you get the products for me and when you receive the payment you will receive additional $30 as handling fees.
I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon.
God bless you more..

Sincerely,"

Wow- it's been awhile. I guess they never give up. thanks for sharing as it's always a good heads up.

I'm new to PC, what is their scam? Dropping the shipping and tax on you? Or not paying at all?

Here is the reply I got from the home office: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Home Office is aware of this scam and we are advising consultants to disregard these emails and to delete them. Please be aware that these types of emails are beyond our control at this time.

As a precaution, never engage with unknown customers who are requesting cashier's checks or certified checks for over the amount of the purchase price. They are often fraudulent and expect you to refund the difference, thereby gaining access to your banking information. If you are unfamiliar with the customer who sent the email, report the email as junk or spam and delete the email. Sending a reply to an unknown sender may simply verify that yours is a working email address and could result in even more unwanted messages.

This has been addressed in numerous PCNewsire editions
I do apologize for the inconvenience. Pampered Chef Technical Support Team"It is always too good to be true. I have also sent the info to Yahoo

Just received a "scam" email-had not gotten one for some time. Does anyone know who we report this to at the Home Office?Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

I think they send fake checks/money orders.

I received 2 emails saying someone had complained about me to Dunn and Bradstreet. I looked up above and the email had been sent to a bunch of people. It contained links.
Watch out for this one too.

Another person wanting to place an order. I replied and this is what I got:
"Hi, Thank you for the quick response,
Here is the product.
Product number #1785 For ----Salad & Berry Spinner 2 QTY
Product number For #3132 All White Ceramic Cookware 11" Covered Skillet 2 QTY
Shipping Address:
Don Richard
2401 park ave
Lynchburg va 24501
i want you to please place the order for me and get back to me with
the total cost of the items including shipping cost and name and
address for the Payment is by Certified check.
Full Name:
Full Address Not P.O Box:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Contact Number :"
But you will have the payment in hand and clear in bank before you
place and submit the order for me.
Thank you."I replied with his total including direct shipping and tax. I told him I needed a phone # and although the address he gave me was listed to another name the order could still be shipped there. I told him to mail the check directly to my bank in care of Anita with a note saying it was for a PC order.
We'll see what happens.

I wouldnt place the order until your bank confirms the check has cleared though. They can send a realistic looking FAKE cashiers check or money order. Then when you deposit it, you place the order thinking you got paid, but the check/m.o. Is a fake and doesnt clear.....just like a bounced check. Then you are out the money because the bank essentially removes that deposit plus may charge you a bounce fee. The PC order is on the way to the scumbag customer who defrauded you, and you are stuck.I wouldnt have replied. My policy...cash, credit card, or personal check. If you are not local, it is credit card only. If you pay by check, it has to be local only, or someone I know personally...and I will place the order when it clears.

Thanks for your comment.
Just got a reply from my 'customer'. He says thanks for your reply and I will tell you when the check is mailed out.

Last edited:
I agree with esavvymom, DO NOT REPLY TO THESE MESSAGES! Pampered Chef Home Office has mentioned these scams in the PC Newswire several times. Please be careful.

I got one of these recently and the thing that really tipped me off was that she was from several states away from me. If you search for a consultant (put in an address kind of close to you but not yours) the leads will be three consultants near where you live, and one of them should be yourself. So it was crazy to think that if someone was looking for a consultant, that they'd get me when I live states away.
And for the cashier's check, a friend fell for this a few years ago when selling a very large item. The bank cleared it and they shipped the item, only to find out the check was fraudulant later. The bank did not stand by them and they were out thousands of dollars as well as their property.
It is just creepy.

I just got one again the other day... I was so excited to see that I finally got a web lead, only to have them send the exact letter, so I delete it. Again this morning I just got excited b/c I got another lead...all it gives (again) is I want to order. I sent my response saying to order online with credit or debit or with cash in person...BUT I know its just another scam. It saddens me b/c currently I am the only one online in my area and I would LOVE to get a REAL lead!

cindiskitchencabinet said:
I got one of these recently and the thing that really tipped me off was that she was from several states away from me. If you search for a consultant (put in an address kind of close to you but not yours) the leads will be three consultants near where you live, and one of them should be yourself. So it was crazy to think that if someone was looking for a consultant, that they'd get me when I live states away.
And for the cashier's check, a friend fell for this a few years ago when selling a very large item. The bank cleared it and they shipped the item, only to find out the check was fraudulant later. The bank did not stand by them and they were out thousands of dollars as well as their property.
It is just creepy.
I think banks should have some responsibility too. If they clear it, then they should stand behind it! Otherwise, put it as a "hold" until it does clear all the way through. So it is not cleared on your end until all the way.

I never respond to the lead. It is usually the same obvious one sentence, "I want to order from you". If they change it up a bit, I go to the FB forum, or here to check for the name. I got a kick out of the most recent contact lead:First Name Sender: Frey
Last Name Sender: Chris
Sender EmailAddress : [email protected]
Day Phone : 3164697016
Evening Phone : 3164697016
Cell Phone : 3164697016
Other Phone : 3164697016
Preferred Phone : Day
Best Time of Contact: morning
Address 1 : NILL
Address 2 : NJ
Address 3 : 37371
City: san jose
State: al
zip:
I want to order I think they better study up on their U.S. Geography a little.

That's a funny one, Brenda. I think I've gotten one from that same name. So, I had to look up the area code. It's from Wichita, Kansas which is half-way between San Jose and New Jersey so they covered the whole US with that one!Shari in TX

Well if you notice, the state says Alabama even though in Address two they did say New Jersey. I wish home office would check these a little better before shipping them off to consultants. Too many are getting fake leads.

Jamiea291 said:
Well if you notice, the state says Alabama even though in Address two they did say New Jersey. I wish home office would check these a little better before shipping them off to consultants. Too many are getting fake leads.
It isnt their responsibility though to do that, it is ours. We are independent contractors basically, not employees (even though they take great care of us).
Besides, in their eyes, It could have been a purchased gift. Rmember in the new system, a guest can buy a product and have it ship directly somewhere else.

I received a contact lead 3 days ago...it had a name of Jordan Linda, no phone number and just an email. I was cautious, but I sent and email just in case and this is what I received back...Hello, My name is Mrs Linda,I was going through your pamperedchef store online and find some nice product that i will love to order from you...Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, I'll also tell my friends about you so that they also can patronize you.Also let me know the city and state you are in.
THIS IS THE UNIQUE PRODUCTS I WANT TO ORDER.(1)..#2537 Deep Covered Baker Dinner Set
(2)..#2538 Skillet Dinner Set
(3)..#1112 Small Bamboo Knife Block Set I am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total price,full name and contact address so that i can have the full payment sent to you asap so that you proceed with the order asap.I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon.

Sincerely, Linda.CLEARLY not legit...just beware everyone!

Seriously. Don't you just want to email back and say "I might have been born at night, but it was NOT last night! "Thankfully, they use the same spiel almost every time, so they are easy to spot. I've not gotten very many (especially after I removed any specific contact info on my website. You have to use the Contact Me link.) but I would reply back that I'd be happy to assist them but they need to process through the website with a credit card. If you can get a bank or cashiers check, then you can get cash out and purchase a prepaid credit card or something. (Can we use a prepaid credit card in our system with the zipcode requirement now?)

I received an email from "Don Richard" as well (see 2/18/14 post from byrd1956), but he must have moved from Lynchburg, VA, because now he is now in Chapel Hill, NC. ;) He said he was having trouble ordering from my website. I really didn't think much of the fact that he lives in NC & I live in FL. I just figured he knows someone who knows me...I've had out of state orders before, so it's nothing too unusual. Anyway, here's the email he sent me after I told him I could take a phone order for "some pampered chef items needed for his new home":Thank you for the quick response,Here is the product.Product number #1785 For ----Salad & Berry Spinner 2 QTY
Product number For #3132 All White Ceramic Cookware 11" Covered Skillet 2 QTYShipping Address:Don Richard
224 Silver CreekTrail
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
(770) 322-4371 Use the number to complete my order, I wish to make
this a phone order but am a deaf man, please bear with me.i want you to please place the order for me and get back to me with
the total cost of the items including shipping cost and name and
address for the Payment is by Certified check.Full Name:
Full Address Not P.O Box:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Contact Number :But you will have the payment in hand and clear in bank before you
place and submit the order for me.
OK, he's deaf, a lot of people are; we can do this via email, no problem...so I give him the total for his order and where he can send payment, then I let him know I would submit the order after I received his payment. So later that day I get this email (which is when I realize there is no way this is legit and has got to be a scam.)i have a good news for you regarding the payment. I had just read from
my Boss that the payment has been issued out to you and that you will
be receiving it any moment from this week. But there is a big
problem,because she was informing that she sent out the whole amount
she was owing me instead of her to just send you the amount for the
Pamperedchef Orders i am purchasing from you, i was so mad at her when
i heard this cos i don't know if my money will be safe with you when
you got it. I wanted her to send the remaining of the funds to my art
work seller for the art works i needed.... I just don't know what to
do cos i am totally confused, please may i know if my money will be
safe with you when you get the payment and will I be able to get the
remaining of my money after you might have deducted your total amount
for the Pamperedchef items?.... Because I need you to have the
remaining money sent through western union or money gram to my Art
work dealer as soon as you receive the payment... Kindly email me back
as soon as you receive this email.
I should have figured something was up when he gave me the items he wanted to order. When someone says they need new Pampered Chef items for their new home, who orders only 2 salad spinners & 2 11" ceramic skillets ?? Kind of a strange order, don't you think.... Anyway, I was a little curious, so a little internet research showed (SURPRISE!!!) that address belongs to someone other than "Don Richard", and the phone number he provided is a land line in Georgia (but it's a North Carolina address). This whole thing just ticks me off... Unfortunately, there's not anything I can do about it.

Last edited:
Here's a copy of my most recent contact from a scammer. I received one last year from "Frey Chris" or is it "Chris Frey?" as well. That person actually got a bit angry with me when I didn't move as fast as they wanted me to with the "certified check" delivery, etc.. I was suspicious from the start, so of course there was no transaction between us. There won't be any transaction between this new one either.

Hello Consultant,

I want you to Place the order for me, I got your sales from [amperedchef Products. I need a STRAIGHT ORDER from you not Preferred Client. Kindly let me know if there is a discount to it. My Debtor will send you a CERTIFIED CHECK for the amount of the Products listed below, As i don't operate CREDIT CARD nor DEBIT CARD, I am a deaf WOMAN and will prefer you received the payment first before submitting my Order because it will be sent via Mail, Pls E-mail me with your Full Name, Address and Cell Phone number , Also the total price for the products+shipping/tax to this address(7450 West 108th Street Overland Park, KS 66211) so that the certified check can be mailed out ASAP. The table below illustrate my Order.

Item Description Qty Retail Price Total Price
Cake Pan Set (#1707) 1 $20.00 $20.00
Rockcrok™ Dutch Oven(#3140) 1 $135.00 $135.00
Executive Cookware 12" Skillet (#2865) 1 $155 $155

Sub Total : $310(Excluding Shipping/tax)

Thk You.

Last year the e-mail was [email protected]. Just a small difference, but hopefully (s)he continues to be unsuccessful. Although, I received my contact from this person in February 2013, and they're still at it.... :(

I have received the same thing just different name!!! Other than that the wording was identical.

I did end up getting an e-mail reply just like Renee. This time I didn't respond and have heard nothing since. I would think these people could use there persistence in a much better way. They must not have a life...

I've often said that if some of these scammers and hackers put that much effort into a legitimate job they'd be very successful.

I just got a email from off my website for a similar thing. I am waiting to hear back from them. I did some searching and they just made a facebook yesterday lol., if it is a scam which it probably is I will post their name so you all can be on the look out as well!!

I have gotten several of these. The English is always bad and they always give some sob story of why they can't pay with a credit card and they want to place a very large order. The last time I got one of these, I emailed back with my own 'sob story' of why I couldn't help them. It was a doozy of a story and they did not respond. LOL

I replied to one of these via my iphone. What information can they get on us if we reply??

If all you do is reply they only know that they have a good email address.

chef2you said:
I have gotten several of these. The English is always bad and they always give some sob story of why they can't pay with a credit card and they want to place a very large order. The last time I got one of these, I emailed back with my own 'sob story' of why I couldn't help them. It was a doozy of a story and they did not respond. LOL
Even with a credit card they are a scam. We used to get them quite a bit (in the autoparts store) get a "code red" authorization and the CC company will check it deeper. Usually with these they have stolen the CC number and info and are trying to get lots of product shipped offshore (usually Nigeria) before the authorization server catches up.With a check just tell them it'll take two weeks to ship. Go to your banker and explain and almost always it'll turn out to be a scam.

1. Can you verify if this contact is legitimate or a scam?

It is always important to be cautious when receiving unsolicited contact from someone claiming to want to do business with you. In this case, the fact that the person only provided an email contact and mentioned being disabled should raise red flags. It is always a good idea to do research and verify the legitimacy of a contact before engaging in any business with them.

2. How can I protect myself from potential scams like this in the future?

One way to protect yourself is to always be cautious and do thorough research before engaging in any business with someone you do not know personally. Additionally, never give out personal or financial information to someone you do not trust or who has not been verified as legitimate.

3. What should I do if I have already given out my contact information to this person?

If you have already given out your contact information, it is important to monitor your accounts and be cautious of any suspicious activity. You may also want to consider reporting the incident to the appropriate authorities for further investigation.

4. How can I tell if a contact is legitimate or a scam?

There are a few red flags to look out for when determining if a contact is legitimate or a scam. These include unsolicited contact, requests for personal or financial information, and vague or inconsistent information from the contact. It is always best to trust your instincts and do thorough research before engaging in any business with someone you do not know.

5. How can I report potential scams to the proper authorities?

If you believe you have been a victim of a scam or have received suspicious contact, you can report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). You can also report it to your local law enforcement agency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
Replies
Views
Zombielicious
  • Suzyengl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies