• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What advice do you have for a mom of three looking to become a PC consultant?

In summary, becoming a PC consultant as a mom of three offers a flexible schedule, a supportive community, and extra income. To manage both roles, it's important to involve your children in the business, prioritize time effectively, and enlist help when needed. Finding a balance between motherhood and the PC business can be done through creating a schedule and prioritizing self-care.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Hi, I also just found this thread...

So, I live in NE Ohio, and plan on signing up as a PC consultant in June (Am taking a class in April and May that will take up alot of evenings so it's not worth starting now). I'm using this time to PLAN, and I have found SO much useful info and wonderful ideas here. So thank you to all of you who post and answer questions.

I have three little ones, DD turned 4 in November, DD turned 3 on Valentine's day :love: ! and littlest DD will be 1 in March. I stay at home and they keep me very busy!

Thankfully I have a very supportive DH who's willing to tackle getting them all to bed on his own while I'm out, so I'm ready to give PC a go. I think it will be alot of fun, and hey, hopefully the extra income will help with our trips to England to visit my family :)

Anyway, thanks again, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you around here!

PS Moved here from MI, will always be a Michigander in my heart, hence the title... Realised it is probably confusing...

Last edited:
Read your other post in the thread about the weather. Welcome!

Welcome!! You'll LOVE this site!! Are you aware of the WONDERFUL special that PC is offering right now for those that sign their contract agreement in February?? It's like no other!!

Welcome, AnnieBee!I put this in the other thread, but I'm about 45 minutes from AA. In fact, I have a group of regular customers/hosts in Ypsilanti, so I'm in that area every couple of months. Any time you need a "fix", you contact me, OK?

Where from in MI?

We lived in Ann Arbor for seven years (grad school at U of M). Moved there from England - didn't ever intend on staying in the US, but I met my DH :love: ! Thankfully I have awesome in-laws who are truly my family here in the US. Only thing is, they're all in Michigan, and I'm here in Ohio... :(

Thanks ChefAnn :) I did also see your reply on the other thread. You guys are all so nice!

AnnieBee!! I live in NE Ohio, too!! And, since I actually grew up in NE Florida, I feel your "homesickness" pains!! lol

Where exactly are you in Ohio? If you need a more "local" friend, I may not be too far away!!

Welcome!
Paula

Medina, just a bit south of Cleveland and west of Akron. How about you?

I'm sure you're especially homesick for FL when the weather's like this :)

Edited to add: DUH! I just saw your location! I'll have to look up where Boardman is now...

Not exactly next door, but not terribly far, either! I used to live in Akron, many years ago, as a "newlywed"...sigh!! lol We lived on the west side of Akron, off the White Pond exit, which is just east of Fairlawn!!

My husband is from Boardman, which is a suburb of Youngstown, and we moved here when we started our family. We're probably about an hour east of you now...

Do you have a cluster to attend meetings with in Ohio? I know we're an hour away, but you're sure welcome to join ours any time!! In fact, we have one tomorrow night!

I do miss warmer weather, to be sure! However, my parents have both passed away now, so that heart tug for Florida isn't really there as much any more. Now...I'd love to think about moving...out west somewhere! That is, southwest!! lol

Paula

Also, my mother-in-law is a truly wonderful lady, as are my two sister-in-laws. My husband and I will be married 23 years come June 1st, and now they are my "family", that is, in addition to my 3 great kids!!

The people here are really nice, too, so that's always helpful. And our church is full of super Christian friends, and they are "family", too!! So, it does help alot.

But, believe me, it took YEARS before I could relax and accept my place here!! And I still haven't ever really "thawed out", I don't think!! My joke to my hubby is, when I get to Heaven someday, I want the "summer section"!!

;0)

Paula

HI
welcome to PC. Are you signing on with someone from Ohio or Michigan? I live in Elyria, and you are welcome to attend our meetings as well. We sometimes meet in Elyria, and sometimes in North Royalton with a director's group.
Again, welcome
Karlene reaser

Paula R. Lewis said:
Not exactly next door, but not terribly far, either! I used to live in Akron, many years ago, as a "newlywed"...sigh!! lol We lived on the west side of Akron, off the White Pond exit, which is just east of Fairlawn!!

My husband is from Boardman, which is a suburb of Youngstown, and we moved here when we started our family. We're probably about an hour east of you now...

Do you have a cluster to attend meetings with in Ohio? I know we're an hour away, but you're sure welcome to join ours any time!! In fact, we have one tomorrow night!

I do miss warmer weather, to be sure! However, my parents have both passed away now, so that heart tug for Florida isn't really there as much any more. Now...I'd love to think about moving...out west somewhere! That is, southwest!! lol

Paula

No cluster yet, but I'm sure I will have - the consultant I'm signing with is super efficient and seems to have a lot of recruits, so I'm guessing she will have all of that stuff going on. Although she doesn't live too close to me either...

I'm not hugely familiar with the Akron area, but we do go to the Sam's Club in Fairlawn!

Glad to hear that you also have wonderful in-laws! It is a HUGE blessing. And I too have great Church friends. And a wonderful next-door neighbour. But I still wish I could see my family more too :)

Well, I think I'd better be getting to bed now! DH is getting annoyed already with how much time I have spent here...

Last edited:
kreaser said:
HI
welcome to PC. Are you signing on with someone from Ohio or Michigan? I live in Elyria, and you are welcome to attend our meetings as well. We sometimes meet in Elyria, and sometimes in North Royalton with a director's group.
Again, welcome
Karlene reaser

Hi Karlene, I will be signing with Susan Warshay, from your neck-of-the-woods. Do you know of her? Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! I am not too far from you, either....over in Hartville which is south of Akron! Nice to meet another NE Ohioan!!

Susan Warshay is fabulous!! You're going to be in really great hands there!!

She is in the Home Office direct line, and I'm in there, too!! (not under her though) Maybe we'll get to meet sometime!! Conference in July, perhaps!

Small, small world!! (I'm under Diane Hunt, who's under Phyllis Echement..Phyllis knows Susan...)

Paula

Welcome! Sounds like you are going to have a very strong start!

Welcome, and best wishes on your new business.

Thank you all for your welcome!

Paula - that's great that you know Susan. She is very nice and has been very helpful so far. Having hosted with her, I know she is very "on the ball". I just hope I can keep up (and don't disappoint her)!! I am planning on trying to make a big start to make the most of my first 90 day incentives, but after that I think I will take things a bit more slowly. My kids are pretty young, so I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put into this, and I feel bad leaving my DH on his own too much while I do shows. Bedtime wears us out, even when both of us are around to do it! He is very supportive of me trying this, but I know how much I dread getting the kids to bed by myself when he is out!! :yuck:

The way I look at it is, I can give PC my best shot, and after a few months see how both DH and myself feel about it. If it just too much, I can always try again in a year or so when the kids are a bit older. We are also pretty involved in our church too, so we certainly keep busy! But I do think that doing PC will be FUN! I hope so... :)

ANyway, it has been nice hearing from some more OH/MI people!

"See" you around,

AB :chef:

yes I know SusanAnnieBee
Susan and I are "sister Directors". her director and my director was the same person..That director just recently quit PC. Susan and I used to hold our meetings together. She will be a wonderful director for you...
The nice thing about PC is you can do as much or as little as you'd like. I've been doing it 9 years, and my business definitely has changed directions over the years...sometimes I do it "big" and other times I shift some gears.
I started when my oldest was just about 9 years old. I also had a 7 year old, 3 1/2 year old and 1 year old twins.!!!!! They are now 18, 15, 13, and 10 year old twins!!!! I love PC
I'm sure we'll run into each other from time to time with Susan.
karlene

Another welcome from a Ohioan!! I am in Mansfield right in the middle of the state. I used to live in Elyria, though!

Karlene - are you related to Susan Reaser (school teacher)?

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you!

kreaser said:
AnnieBee
Susan and I are "sister Directors". her director and my director was the same person..That director just recently quit PC. Susan and I used to hold our meetings together. She will be a wonderful director for you...
The nice thing about PC is you can do as much or as little as you'd like. I've been doing it 9 years, and my business definitely has changed directions over the years...sometimes I do it "big" and other times I shift some gears.
I started when my oldest was just about 9 years old. I also had a 7 year old, 3 1/2 year old and 1 year old twins.!!!!! They are now 18, 15, 13, and 10 year old twins!!!! I love PC
I'm sure we'll run into each other from time to time with Susan.
karlene

Hi again Karlene, I guess it really is a small world :) It would definately be nice to meet you some time. I can't believe you have managed to do PC with all of those kids! My three keep me busy enough. DH and I havn't totally ruled out #4, but I keep thinking, what if #4 turns out to be 4 and 5?!! My oldest two are hard enough (they are 14mnths apart!) to be patient with...

Anyway, I am looking forward to starting with PC - this forum is such an amazing resource to have.

Annabel

1. What are the benefits of becoming a PC consultant as a mom of three?

As a mom of three, becoming a PC consultant can offer many benefits. First and foremost, it allows you to have a flexible schedule and work from home, which is perfect for balancing your responsibilities as a mother. Additionally, PC offers a supportive community of consultants and the opportunity to earn extra income, which can definitely come in handy with a growing family. Plus, you get to share your love for cooking and entertaining with others!

2. How do I manage being a PC consultant while taking care of my young children?

Managing your time effectively is key when juggling motherhood and a PC business. One tip is to involve your children in the process by having them help with simple tasks, such as setting up displays or passing out catalogs. You can also schedule parties and events during times when your children are napping or have downtime. And don't forget to enlist the help of a supportive partner, family member, or babysitter to watch your children while you attend events or parties.

3. How much time and effort should I expect to put into my PC business as a mom of three?

The amount of time and effort you put into your PC business will vary depending on your personal goals and schedule. However, as a mom of three, it's important to find a balance that works for you and your family. Some consultants are successful with just a few hours a week, while others dedicate more time to grow their business. It's important to set realistic expectations and prioritize your time accordingly.

4. How can I involve my children in my PC business?

Involving your children in your PC business can be a fun and rewarding experience for both you and your kids. You can have them help with setting up for events, packaging orders, or even creating simple recipes or crafts to share with customers. This not only allows you to spend quality time with your children, but it also shows them the value of hard work and entrepreneurship.

5. What advice do you have for balancing being a mom and a PC consultant?

Balancing motherhood and a PC business can be challenging, but it's definitely doable with some organization and time management. One tip is to create a schedule or routine that works for your family and stick to it as much as possible. This can help you stay on track with your business tasks while also making time for your children. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, family, or friends when needed, and remember to prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess02
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Jennifer golden
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • bcmama