• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Communication Woes: Struggles with Closing Shows and Frustrating Delays

This is why you need to set a closing date and make sure the host knows about it. You need to be firm but fair. Sometimes a 'no' is the best thing for the host and their business. If the host doesn't listen, then you may need to take more drastic measures such as cancelling the show.
cewcooks
I have seen a lot of threads on here about hosts who won't call consultants back to close their show, but I feel that I need to vent my family does not get it.. I had a good show on the 7th of Aug(my show avg this month is $1000) At the end of the show I said to the host that I would talk to her in a couple of days, that was last wed. I have e mailed her 2x and left 3 phone messages and she has not returned or e mailed me back. I probably won't have my 2 shows by the 15th and I won't make the 22nd pay day but I am so frustrated with this lady not responding to me I could just scream. On my call last night I said to please call me asap to close her show b/c I am sure her friends are anxious to receive their products and that I don't like to hold shows open this long w/o any orders coming in so could you call me asap to close your show.. nothing..

Any advice? Thanks In advance.

I feel your fustration! Why do they start to drag their feet after the show?

Sorry no advice, just saying that you aren't alone.

Can you call one of her friends to make sure that she is okay and that they didn't have a family tragedy?

This is why during the first host coaching call, I set a closing date and ask my host to mark it on her calendar. That way you are not leaving multiple messages and getting frustrated. The expectation is set from the start and the host knows when the show has to close.

I actually talked to her mom on Wednesday about a pc recipe and she had not heard from her..

I feel your pain, my host would make an appt. and not be there, I would call her and she would say 'Oh I forgot, I'm at the waterpark", or "Oh I forgot I went to santa cruz today". She finally called me back at 11:45 pm for me to come over to her house to close her party. This Host sought me out to have a party, I had never met her. Very frustrating and we lose out on our bonus gifts!

DebbieJ said:
This is why during the first host coaching call, I set a closing date and ask my host to mark it on her calendar. That way you are not leaving multiple messages and getting frustrated. The expectation is set from the start and the host knows when the show has to close.

I've started doing this as well and it makes a HUGE difference!~

I would call and leave a message that you are worried about her and hope nothing bad has happen. Ask her to call you so you know she is ok.

OR just call her and tell her that you need to close the show and if you have not heard from her by X:XX, then you are going to have to choose the free products for her. And you know how excited she was to go on a shopping spree on the Pampered Chef.

Hopefully, she'll call you back.

This why I close my shows the day/night of the parties. It has worked out wonderfully for me. No more stressing. ;)

pamperedpals said:
This why I close my shows the day/night of the parties. It has worked out wonderfully for me. No more stressing. ;)

How do you get the host to do that though? I try, but there is always one or two people who take a catalog home and say they have a friend who may order something or they decide they (host) wants to take it to work to try and get more orders. So, do you say "NO" or are you doing that good of a job host coaching her to do that BEFORE the show. I know I need to improve in that area. This week's host, I was able to get to close in 3 days- I just said "I have to close it by Saturday". I didn't give her a choice- and I'm glad I did that, because it was my 2nd show for August (phew!) so I get my slide. The other show I thought would be my 2nd, hasn't closed yet (long distance catalog show for MIL).

I'm going to break down and buy the Tammy Stanley CD set with this months nice commission check :D. So maybe I'll learn how to make all that come together better....I jsut have a hard time telling people 'no'...especially when they realize what the sales are and that they aren't where they WANT them to be- so they ask for more time.

I pull out my calendar at the end of the party and ask if "Monday" or "Tuesday" works well for closing the party. Then I ask, what time is a good time to call you? I write it on her show tally page and I write it on my calendar. Saying I will call you in a "couple of days" leaves the door wide open for closing and they do not take it as seriously. People need a deadline.

Call her next and tell her that you need to close the show by ___. Tell her you will pick the most popular products with her earned free products and close the show if you do not hear from her.

scavallero said:
I feel your pain, my host would make an appt. and not be there, I would call her and she would say 'Oh I forgot, I'm at the waterpark", or "Oh I forgot I went to santa cruz today". She finally called me back at 11:45 pm for me to come over to her house to close her party. This Host sought me out to have a party, I had never met her. Very frustrating and we lose out on our bonus gifts!

**thread jack** LOL I've had people tell me the exact same thing for this area! :)

Wow Thanks for all the advice, the sad thing about this situation is that she used to be a pc consultant a couple of years ago before she got married..

1. What should I do if my host cancels their party?

If your host cancels their party, the first thing you should do is reach out to them and find out the reason for the cancellation. Depending on the reason, you may be able to reschedule the party for a later date. If not, you can offer to host the party yourself or see if another guest is willing to host.

2. Can I invite other guests to my host's party?

No, it is not appropriate to invite additional guests to your host's party without their permission. However, you can encourage your host to invite more guests or ask if they are comfortable with you inviting a few more people.

3. My host is not responding to my messages. What should I do?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through a different method such as a phone call or social media. If they still do not respond, you may need to consider finding a new host or hosting the party yourself.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if my party doesn't meet the minimum sales requirement?

In most cases, you will still be eligible for host rewards even if your party does not meet the minimum sales requirement. However, the rewards may be reduced. It is best to check with your consultant for the specific details and policies.

5. My host wants to cancel their order. Can they do that?

Yes, your host is able to cancel their order before the party closes. However, if the order has already closed, it cannot be canceled. It is important to communicate with your host and ensure they are satisfied with their order before the party closes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • lkhartmann