• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Fun Ideas for a Pampered Chef Booth at a Family Fun Fair?

), and a bowl of M&Ms or other small candies. The first table, we put our main items (our kitchen stuff, our cutters, our pots and pans, our tea kettle) and then we put a sign up sheet for flyers (again, don't give them out free, they won't build an interest), and a bowl of Hershey's Kisses or other small candies.
cheesehead
Well, I just somehow got lucky today and have been given a spot for a very low price in a Family Fun Fair scheduled for September in a local community. The woman running the Fair said they had over 3000 poeple in attendance last year and expect higher numbers this year due to the place they are having it at this year (a brand new Family Sports Complex). Anyhoo, it seemed too good of an atmosphere to pass up. But now here is my question - I have done a search and found lots of wonderful advise and ideas (thanks!!) for County Fairs, Business Expos, etc but nothing along the lines of a Family Fair. I know I can do it just like those types of Fairs but feel like I need something more "fun" since it is geared towards kids and families. I will have a flyer about the Mom/Kid Kitchen Show, but know I can do more than that.

Do you have any suggestions for fun, kid/family ideas to draw people to my booth. I plan to have a basket of candy, but think I need something more fun but not too expensive. I would really appreciate any creative ideas or suggestions!

I know this sounds kinda crazy but...We have something that draws kids to our booth with out fail. Even some adults cannot resist. And I have no idea why. It actually annoys my recruiter. But hey, it gets them to come to our booth! It is a string of lights that one of our director's got at Target. It has plastic light up fruit on it and I can not believe how irresistable it is to kids. We've even had people say that they'd like to order them from us. Maybe I need to buy some and give them as an incentive to host a party! ;)

I don't know if you if you're able to have food at this Family Fun Fair (some require extra permits for this), but if so, you can have the Creative Cutters out and use it to cut shapes of stuff. I'm not sure what you'd use that would last throughout the day to cut with (maybe even Playdough?), but at shows it works well on green/red peppers, cheese, meat, etc.

Those cute little things attract a lot of attention. So do the new striped Simple Additions stuff if you have any thing to display in there. That's also a great place to have candy to give away. You could even get a bunch of stickers to give some away to kids who come by your booth. Once one kid tells others that you're giving away stickers, word will spread!

What a great opportunity for you!

If you have a Quick Stir pitcher fill it with water, but first put about 1 cup of confetti in the bottom (play with the amount of confetti). Leave it near the edge of your display. Every so often just pump the handle and the kids cannot resist the swirling colored paper (use that metallic confetti). Adults will come over to tell you they have one and love it or wonder what it is.

You all are giving me such great ideas, but I am a brand new consultant. I own the products from the starter kit, a couple of stones, the rice cooker, micro cookers, kitchen spritzer, the sugar shaker thing, and the EADecorator. I do have a show of Friday, so I suppose I could add a few things to that show - maybe I will get the kids cook book, cutters, and the pitcher?

I am starting to get very nervous about agreeing to do this!! I don't even know how I will set up the table to look decent! I don't have a director nearby (she is from a different state) and my hospitality director still hasn't even contacted me or my director. I hope I didn't bite off too much by deciding to take this on!

I took the offer because I think this is a great way to get off to an excellent start and get out of the friends/family loop, but I don't want to look like a joke! :rolleyes: So any additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

My cluster just did a fair last weekend, and here's how my director set it up.

3 tables (all with tablecloths, just go buy some cheap vinyl ones with the felt on the back. Take your whole crate, and put the tools around it, on it, etc - make it take up a whole table.

The second table, we put a sign up sheet for catalogs (don't give them out free, they won't build your business... but if you get them to give their name/address, then you can mail one and continue to market to them if you choose). Also (for the gullible ones) set up a drawing for a 'free kitchen show' or 'free kitchen class!'. You can provide the receipe ingrediants or not to make it free .. and then everyone wins (tho, they won't know that ;).

On the same table, put out some playdough and cookie cutters, plus the bakers roller.. the kids will come play with it. I also like the confetti in the picture idea :)

On the last table (if you can have three... this is just how we had it, shaped like a U), get a big poster board and put something shiney on the edges to attract. Inside, put up the flyers for the host special, the guest special, some paperwork on joining PC, etc. You can also put a catalog out, but i'd put it in a binder so that it doesn't walk away.

Anyhow, that's what we did - i was there for 3 hours and got 1 show and 4 more contacts. Not horrible. Best of all, have fun with it - and get to know your vendor neighbors, so you can sell to them, too!

cheesehead said:
You all are giving me such great ideas, but I am a brand new consultant. I own the products from the starter kit, a couple of stones, the rice cooker, micro cookers, kitchen spritzer, the sugar shaker thing, and the EADecorator. I do have a show of Friday, so I suppose I could add a few things to that show - maybe I will get the kids cook book, cutters, and the pitcher?

I am starting to get very nervous about agreeing to do this!! I don't even know how I will set up the table to look decent! I don't have a director nearby (she is from a different state) and my hospitality director still hasn't even contacted me or my director. I hope I didn't bite off too much by deciding to take this on!

I took the offer because I think this is a great way to get off to an excellent start and get out of the friends/family loop, but I don't want to look like a joke! :rolleyes: So any additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Be very glad that you did agree to do this! It may seem overwhelming, but it's a great way to get your name out there and just to get comfortable talking about Pampered Chef. The kids cookbook will definitely attract attention and even the kids cookie making set. YOu can actually use those cutters to cut playdough and they're nice and colorful so that will attract attention. It may be worth it to invest in them, especially if you end up doing kids' shows. I would definitely promote "Cooking with Kids" shows at this thing. If you do a posterboard like the above post suggests, that can be something you can highlight on there. There are some good posts here, just do a search for "kids shows" or "mommy and me" to get some ideas.

I like the idea with the quick stir pitcher too. Is there a consultant close to you who might be willing to loan you some products so you don't have to buy a bunch?

Even if this seems overwhelming.....you'll be very glad you did it. Good luck!

What is "Another Fair Question - Sorry!"?

"Another Fair Question - Sorry!" is a Pampered Chef product that allows you to easily make perfectly-sized mini pies, turnovers, and empanadas.

How do I use "Another Fair Question - Sorry!"?

To use "Another Fair Question - Sorry!", simply press the tool into your pie crust or dough to create a perfectly sized pocket for your filling. Then, add your desired filling and bake as directed.

What materials is "Another Fair Question - Sorry!" made of?

"Another Fair Question - Sorry!" is made of durable plastic and features a sharp cutting edge for easy use.

Can "Another Fair Question - Sorry!" be used for both sweet and savory dishes?

Yes, "Another Fair Question - Sorry!" can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It is perfect for making mini apple pies, chicken turnovers, and more.

Is "Another Fair Question - Sorry!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Another Fair Question - Sorry!" is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • dooleycrew
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies